Status: Complete

The Dreaming Smile Above the Skin

Moons and Beams

It's the next day. I have the strong urge, deep in my gut, to go and see Brendon at the record store. I then text him, almost without thinking, saying, "Mind if I stop by the shop today?"
I get a reply a minute later saying, "Sure!" with an address attached.
I am more anxious than nervous seeing him today. As soon as I find the shop Brendon gave the directions to, I look at how little it is. I start to wonder how much money they even make in a week. Well it must be decent considering how clean-cut and lively Brendon is. Plus his constant doctor check ups: it was no surprise he had health care.
I didn't.
What a shame if I die young; before Brendon. If we were even together, I know that I'd die peaceful and at a sort of ripe old age. I mean I'm pretty skinny, but food never makes me gain. Oh the thoughts of living with Brendon. I shouldn't get too ahead of myself, though. Who knows if he's gay or even bi-sexual.
Without another thought, I get out of the car and make my way into the shop. I look around to find Brendon and what do you know, he is stacking CD's.
"Hey Brendon." I say.
"Oh hey," He turns around, "Ryan!" His shimmering smile moons and beams. I smile wide back.
"I could give you a tour of the store, if you want." He says.
"Sure!" I say.
"Awesome. Give me one second to put these CD's back and we will start at, uh, um." He leaves his comment hanging while he puts the last of the CD's away quickly.
"Ehh." He says. He looks like he's thinking too hard.
I smile, because he's such a character.
"At the... cash register!" He says after popping up from the ground; putting the last CD away.
For the next 10 minutes or so he leads me around the store, showing me practically every inch of it.
By the time he goes back to work is the time I go back home. No, he didn't kick me out, I just... I don't know. Even though he is open and sweet, he still has a tight grip on my heart, afraid that if I become too nervous... he will notice.
As soon as I get home, only one thing runs through my mind and that was Brendon offering the chance for me to work there. C'mon Ross, you have no job, you're practically poor, pick yourself up and take it! Let me just remind you, it takes me an extra 4 days to put that plan into action.
"Hello?"
"Hey Bren." Even over the phone I'm nervous.
"Ryan! What's up?"
"Um, I'm just wondering if there was still a spot open for me to work at the record store."
"Yeah there is! Sweet okay, come in tomorrow at 8AM and we'll see where we can put you."
"Awesome!" That was easier than I thought.
"Honestly, I never thought you would do it. Glad you will cause it's only me, the manager, and James who works at the front desk... cash register, rather. Thanks a ton!"
"Yeah I'm happy I took the offer as well!"
"Alright! Op, gotta get back to organizing CD's. See ya tomorrow!"
"Yep, see you soon! Bye!"
"Bye."
And with that, a wide smile plants on my face. I was going to be his friend working there. Sad that he didn't have any of his other friends to keep him company. In the end, this was going to be great! I can just tell...
♠ ♠ ♠
I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I TITLED IT THAT. CHUCK PALAHNIUK WORDS TEEHEE. grammar sucks for this chapter but idgaf.