Status: Alive and twitching...

Ghostfacers

You're right, he is a Loony Tune. Welcome, welcome to Kinko's

"My name is Joan. I'm 21 years old and I hunt ghosts for a living..." I stared at the computer screen of the wondrous laptop that my best friend Sammy was letting me type on. Its name was Lappy. I reread the sentence over and over again; this was definitely going to attract freaks and nutcases which wasn't what I was looking for. I was looking for sane persons; then again I was on an online dating website that the only requirement was that you hadn't been in jail in the last forty-eight hours.

"Have you found Mr. Right yet?" Sammy asked walking into the room with her dark blonde hair pulled back into a pony tail with her bangs swept to the side so they were out of her eyes. She took another sip of her Mountain Dew before sitting on the counter next to Lappy.

"My love connection skills suck ass...percreme." I added noticing that a portly, middle-aged woman with a seven-year-old walked through the door of our wonderful work place called Kinko's. Well, it was Sammy's workplace, I worked next door at Video Horizons which reminds me of a Dane Cook joke whenever I see or hear the name. I frequently close it down for a few hours around midday because first off, all the movies there suck so there aren’t a lot of costumers and second off, I enjoy long lunch breaks. It's not like it's of dire importance that I'm over there since my brother Simon works there as well and is the more responsible one.

"Welcome to Kinko's we're closed at the moment so you should leave or the cops might be called." Sammy said noticing the woman and her kid standing at the counter waiting for her to assist them. The woman huffed while the kid tried to break free of her grip to go stick his hand in one of the openings of the various machines. If the kid keeps these types of antics up I don't think he'll last through his teenage years. He'll probably end up sticking his hand in a wood chipper just to see what it does, stupid.

"Well, all the nerve! I'm going to have to talk to your manager about this!" The woman said getting red in the face, I watched her with my head tilted slightly to one side. I had this feeling that she was probably going to have a heart attack if Sammy gets her worked up any more than she already was. "What's your manager's number?!" She asked demanding to know. Cool as a cucumber Sammy handed her a card with the management's number on it. The lady then dug deep into her carpetbag purse before producing a cell phone that looked like it was back in the day of the early nineties or something.

She pounded the keys before putting the phone to her ear in the processing letting go of her child who then took off to the printer in the far corner that he had his eye on the whole time. The phone next to where Sammy was sitting rang twice before she decided to pick it up. "Hello this is Kinko's Sammy speaking."

"Stop playing jokes and let me talk to your manager young lady." The woman yelled which was quite unnecessary since she was less than two feet away from us.

"Please hold while I transfer you." Sammy said before pressing the hold button and hanging the phone up. She then picked up her can of Mountain Dew and took a large gulp from it turning her attention back to me. "It can't be that bad Joan, what do you have written?" She asked and I turned Lappy towards her so she could see.

"I'm going to attract creepers and psychos." I told her not looking on the positive side of things. I mean, who knows with this, there might be a Dean Winchester out there waiting to read what I've written about myself.

"Can't really disagree there, maybe you should type more normal things." Sammy suggested drinking some more of her soda.

"Like what, porn?" I asked.

"Porn could work." Sammy said before holding her index finger to me letting me know that she had a phone call to take. She picked up the phone that she previously hung up and pressed the hold button a second time. "Welcome to Kinko's this is the manager Sammy speaking what can I do for you?" There was this vein on the large woman's forehead that just about exploded, I swear, because she was so angry. I think she might need anger management. She hung up her ancient cell phone and forcefully stuffed it back into her bag as she glared at Sammy.

"This is no way to be treating your customers young lady. You're going to lose business; I'll make sure of that!" She threatened. "Clarence come over here this instant!" She yelled to her kid who came running over with black copier ink all over his hands and face, mostly around his mouth. That kid has some serious issues. With one last frown thrown at Sammy the lady stomped out of the store.

"She does know that this is the only Kinko's in town right?" I asked staring after her before turning Lappy back towards me and exiting out of the browser window. Pish, online dating sites are overrated anyways.

"Eh, whatever." Sammy commented before hopping off the counter. I grinned and closed Lappy before stretching my arms over my head to awaken my muscles. "So is Simon next door?"

"Most likely, we're closing at six today. Ghostfacers meeting tonight at our house." I reminded her but it's not like either of us could forget. We were the two lone wolves that first suggested taking on the glorious Ghostfacer name and hunting down ghosts. "Colby and Spencer will be there too. Apparently Spencer found an actual haunted house, real ghosts and all!"

"That girl is magic." Sammy commented and I nodded in agreement.

"Plus I think she went to see a psychic or some shizz like that." I added on.

"Are those credible?" She asked scratching her nose. I rolled my eyes. Truthfully I wasn't sure if psychics are credible or not, I've never been to one personally but I've seen them on the television and in movies. Whatever they predicted on there always came true so why doubt them? Well until they say you're going to live a long and happy life then you get run over by a car and die once you leave the place. Then you can sue if you're not, by some miracle, dead.

"Sure, haven't you seen Just My Luck?" I asked with a smile and Sammy laughed. We'd seen the movie so many times the number is probably in the triple-digits by now.

"Six o'clock?" Sammy asked as I started my trek out of the store and back over to the one where I was supposed to be at.

"Six o'clock." I confirmed pointing at Sammy before waving goodbye and heading over to Video Horizons to count down the remaining hours until it was time to start our real job, hunting down ghosts.