Status: Alive and twitching...

Ghostfacers

Good morning, Ghostfacers

"Good morning Ghostfacers!" I yelled walking into mine and Simon's garage slamming the door closed behind me. Or at least it was supposed to slam shut.

"God damn Joan." Simon said holding his hand over his nose as he walked in after me. Spencer started laughing loudly with a camera in her hands.

"My bad." I said trying to hold back my laughter. Just then Colby busted through the door kicking it open with Sammy behind her posing in a fighting stance.

"We are ready to kick some ghostie butt!" Colby said moving her mouth after she was done talking like she was in some horribly dubbed Kung Fu movie. "Whoa Simon, what happened to your face?" She asked looking over at my brother who was now touching his nose gently.

"What are you talking about, that's what his face usually looks like." Sammy said patting Simon's shoulder as she walked over to me. We bumped fists as Simon flipped her off. "No, I'd rather not."

"How 'bout me?" I asked.

"Later." Sammy said grinning at me.

"Sweet." I turned to face the rest of the team and clapped my hands together. "Okie dokie Facers, time to get down to business. So Spence, what do you got for us?" Spencer jumped up from the stool she was sitting on with the camera in her hands turned on and facing everyone sitting around the table we had set up in the middle of the room.

"Alright fellow Facers, so as you all know the ghost hunting business has been a bit slow lately." Spencer started off as she tucked some of her dark hair behind her ear. Simon picked up another camera and turned it on for different camera angle. We taped our meetings with potential ghost sites just in case we actually found a haunting. "But I went to see my aunt's cousin's sister on her father's side who's adopted-"

"Is she the Canadian one?" Colby asked pointing a pen at Spencer before sticking it back her mouth to chew on.

"Part Canadian." Spencer corrected. "Anyways, she's sort of going blind now but she's trying her hand at being a psychic and she told me there's this house on Front Street that is full on ghostified."

"Alright!" Simon grinned from behind the camera.

"Is there any proof?" I asked leaning forward on the table on my arms with my legs in my chair, I was getting excited and I personally didn't care if there was proof or not. I wanted to find me a ghost.

"Um," Spencer said scratching her head. "She said it was filled with lively spirits. Does that count?" Sammy, Colby, Simon and I all looked at each other before simultaneously agreeing.

"Hell yes it does!" Sammy said grinning widely as she hit the table with her hand.

"Shazam!" I said smiling as well. "Ghostfacers, tomorrow night, it's on like Donkey Kong we're going to hunt us some ghosties!"

"We can finally bust out the new EMF reader!" Colby said being a bit of a techie nerd as Spencer and Simon turned off their cameras.

"Not it!" Sammy and Spencer called at the same time putting their index finger on their nose.

"Not it!" I yelled immediately after them, putting my own index finger on my nose falling face first on the table. Simon dropped the camera and pressed his finger to his nose before swearing loudly.

"Aw crap no." Colby said realizing that she was the last one.

"Aw crap yes." Spencer grinned. "You are the Corbett!"

"I don't want to be the Corbett, Corbett dies! I don't want to die!" Colby whined before hitting her head on the table getting a post-it note stuck to her forehead. We laughed and I pulled it off of her and she went cross-eyed.

"Don't worry Corbett, you save the day." I told her and Sammy snickered.

"Yeah and teach us that gay love can pierce through the veil of death and save the day. What can be better than that?" Sammy asked mocking Colby's status as the Corbett of the group. The Corbett was dubbed when someone said something that made them sound like an inexperienced intern to the ghost hunting world, for our latest mission it was Colby.

"Not being the Corbett." Colby replied looking unamused by her taunting.

"Oh get over it; chances are you're not going to die. We do have the power of salt on our side." Spencer said hooking up the camera she had been using to one of the computers.

"I hate you guys."

"We love you too Corbett." Simon grinned before wincing. "I'm going to see how messed up my face is now, thank you Joan." I turned my attention to my brother and gave him a cheeky smile.

"What are you talking about I made it pretty." I told him. Simon mumbled something before walking into the house. Sammy chucked a ghost-shaped stress ball at my head and smiled innocently.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"Sam, I was born ready." I told her acting cool and kind of failing.

"No you weren't!" Simon called.

"Shut up butt head no one's talking to you!" I yelled back at him making Colby, Spencer and Sammy laugh. After we tidied up a little after ourselves we all went into the main part of the house and just hung out for the rest of the night, all of us too excited to be able to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. Tomorrow was our third official ghost hunt. This time, hopefully there were actually ghosts and not someone's stray cat. Again.