Status: Alive and twitching...

Ghostfacers

The Front Street House Haunting 7:30 PM to 8:38 PM

We were geared up and ready to go. All of us had our own hand-held cameras for when we went to explore the house, and since we haven't got a permit for a concealed weapon we were still without a rock salt shotgun but we did each have a canister of salt (we never went on a hunt without one). Also, I'm afraid of anyone on the team carrying a shotgun. I can easily see the hunt ending up with one of us in the ER with a wound that's full of salt.

"Ok Facers, we're here at the Front Street House," Simon started looking at the camera that Spencer was holding up to show his face. He used some of my cover up to hide the bruising on his nose, best experience with make up ever. "According to a psychic this house is haunted with the living dead--"

"Dude, the living dead are zombies." I said cutting him off getting the camera turned on my face. I quickly smiled at it before looking at my brother like he was stupid. Which he was.

"Or vampires." Sammy added getting her own few starting seconds on the camera. Spencer faced the camera back to Simon who was looking at us both unamused and a little cheesed off.

"You could always use the term spirit, specter, phantom, or ghost." Colby listed off on her fingers of the hand that wasn't holding a camera. The four of us stared at her. "What?"

"See, this is why you're the Corbett." Sammy said pointing out to Colby the reason why she was the Corbett the most. The girl was like an encyclopedia of weirdness.

"Shuddup." Colby said before turning on her own camera and facing it towards Simon. "Continue oh great one." Simon grinned at the new nickname as I groaned.

"Come on Colbs, do you really have to make his head any bigger?" I asked looking over at her.

"Yeah, his head is already freakishly huge as it is." Sammy commented.

"And a bit odd shaped." Spencer added as she too faced the camera in Simon's direction.

"Enough with the insults, we're here on a job." Simon said bringing us all back to the situation at hand. Simon cleared his throat and looked back straight into the camera Spencer was holding. "Back to what I was saying before I was rudely interrupted." There was a glare in my direction and I stuck my tongue out at him. It's that sibling love. "According to a psychic we've contacted, there are some lively spirits," Simon emphasized; Sammy and I gave him thumbs up. "In this house behind me. So we're going in there to capture this spook on film--"

"And salt the bugger!" Sammy added with a huge grin on her face.

"Then find the bones to do the ol' salt and burn." I added.

"Or run out of the house screaming." Spencer added as Colby turned the camera she was using to her. It was quiet a moment as we contemplated the last scenario.

"I'd rather go Winchester style." I confessed. Sammy nodded her head in agreement as did Colby and Simon. "I mean, why run out screaming when you could kick some ghostie ass?"

"Because we don't have a rock salt shotgun." Spencer reasoned. I was quiet.

"Shut up." I told her and she smiled pleased with herself. "Ok Facers, let's go in and set up base camp." I said changing the subject. The five of us tried to be stealthy as we crept towards the house just in case some neighbor that was around somewhere was in the mood to call the coppers on us. Luckily no one did, especially when we busted down the front door while all five of us rammed the door at the same time to try and unlock it. No one brought their lock pick set which would've helped a lot.

"Damn, people need to learn to leave abandoned houses unlocked." Spencer said rubbing her shoulder as we went into the main room.

"Alright Ghostfacers, let’s get it on. Here is base camp; we're calling it the Eagle's Nest." I told them which was a bit of a ritual by now since every base camp that we've set up so far has been named the same thing. We all gathered in a circle, all of us with smiles on our faces.

"We can do this, we were born--" Simon started.

"Dude, no we weren't." I interrupted him, we all just got bored one day while watching Supernatural. Simon sighed a bit exasperated with me.

"Fine, we're ready for this. We've come a long way--"

"Not really, it's only been a month and four days." Sammy said interrupting Simon this time.

"You know what." Simon said getting a bit aggravated with Sammy and I. "Spin the tires, light the fires. Ghostfacers on three." He said finally getting to the part that we loved doing. "One, two, three."

"Ghost," We all said at the same time with one of our hands in the middle of the circle. "Facers!" We finished off by bringing our hands up and slowly dropping them down in front of our faces. As soon as we finished that ritual of psyching ourselves up, I turned on my EMF reader, giddy with excitement, ready to be dazzled but there was nothing but one lousy light letting me know that everything was normal.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself before hitting the side of the EMF reader, there had to be a glitch. It was showing not even the faintest sign of ghost activity. I bet that if it had a negative side, it'd be over there. "Hey Simon, turn on the thermo scanner." I told him as I started walking farther into the house. Simon did as he was told. Sammy was holding a couple of flashlights so we could see where we were going while Colby and Spencer had the cameras. "Are you picking up anything?"

"No, not yet," He told me. "It's just seventy-eight point nine, room temperature. Where are the ghosts?"

"Don't be discouraged Simon, we just walked in here. They could be hiding." Spencer grinned clapping a hand on his shoulder as she pointed her camera in his face. "Wow, with the make up on you can't see your bruise at all. Your nose looks normal." She said before poking it causing Simon to swear loudly.

"Don't touch the nose woman!" He said smacking her hand; Spencer frowned at him and went to the back where Sammy was having fun making the flashlights look like we were at a techno party in an abandoned house.

"Is anyone getting disturbances on their cameras?" I asked staring at my EMF reader like it was my life force. There was a chorus of no's and I walked off into a room by myself, or that was until Sammy walked in and shined a light in my face.

"You're light headed!" She grinned proud of the joke she made.

"Yeah, and you're going to look stupid when the ghost takes you to eat your face off." I told her smiling as I looked up from the EMF reader.

"Shut up, ghosts don't eat faces." She said rolling her eyes before looking at me worried. "Do they?" I shrugged my shoulders. If they did Supernatural hadn't covered it yet and we'd be in trouble if we came across a face-eating ghost.

"So--" I started only to be cut off by an ear splitting scream coming from another room. Sammy and I looked at each other wide-eyed and worried.

"Colby!" We said at the same time before running out of the room to find her.