Status: Alive and twitching...

Ghostfacers

The Front Street House Haunting 8:40 PM to 9:07 PM

Sammy and I ran down the hall looking in each room with cameras, flashlights and salt in hand. There was only one room left down at the end up the hall that had to be it. I opened my canister of salt and as we burst through the doorway I threw salt out in front of me just in case a ghost was still there. Well, it definitely wasn't a ghost that I hit with the salt.

"What the hell Joan?!" Simon asked shaking his head and salt came falling from his head like snow from the clouds. I stood there confused and looked around the room to see Spencer filming all this as she shook from silent laughter. Simon was frowning as he dusted off the salt I had thrown at him and Colby, Colby was standing there with her hand over her fast beating heart.

"Dude, that was funny." Sammy smiled as she shone her flashlight at Simon who flipped her off. Spencer murmured something about having to blur that out later for younger television audiences. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Colby.

"What happened, are you alright? Did you see a ghost? Did you kick its ass or did you just scream at it?" I asked bombarding her with questions really wanting to know what happened. I hoped to Dean Winchester that she found a ghost.

"Well, she did scream at it." Spencer commented and I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"At what exactly?" Sammy asked for me and Spencer, as well as Simon, pointed to something that was in a pile on the floor. Carefully I walked over to it just in case it was actually someone's bones that we might have to salt and burn. Sammy was finally gracious enough to shine her flashlight over at the thing I was standing over and I looked over at Colby.

"Really?" I asked picking it up.

"Well I thought it was real." She said with a sheepish look on her face when she answered before biting her lip. Sammy snorted.

"Dude, it's just a freakin' Halloween decoration!" I told her shaking the decoration in her direction; dust and wood chips fell from it.

"But it's still ghost-shaped." Colby said timidly as she meekly pointed at it with her index finger.

"It kind of reminds me of Casper, does it remind you of Casper?" Sammy asked walking a bit closer to the ghost Halloween decoration, bringing it into better light. I held it up higher and stared at it as did the other three.

"When he's all ghostie or when he's that hot little kid that makes me feel like a pedophile whenever I watch the movie?" I asked her.

"The ghostie." She replied and I titled my head to one side squinting slightly.

"Yeah kind of does." Simon answered as I nodded my head in agreement. I dropped the decoration and wiped off my hand on my pants.

"You good Corbett?" Sammy asked shining the flashlight in her face; Colby squinted and held a hand over her eyes trying to get her sight back.

"Yeah, I'm good." Colby said taking a deep calming breath and dropping her hand when Sammy moved the light before turning her body towards Spencer and her camera. "Spence?"

"Yo?" Spencer answered looking up from the camera screen with her eyebrows raised.

"Your aunt was--" Colby started only to be cut off by Spencer.

"She's not my aunt. She's my aunt's cousin's sister on her--" This time I cut off Spencer, we didn't really need another long list of how she was related to the fail of a psychic.

"Dude we get it." Spencer rolled her eyes but stopped and looked back at Colby.

"You're part Canadian wannabe psychic relative was wrong. I think I should punch you in the face."

"What? Why?" Spencer asked wide-eyed in fear of getting punched in the face. It was a fate that nobody deserved, unless they were a real prick. Then punches are allowed to be thrown.

"I almost died!" Colby said dramatically throwing her arms in the air for emphasis. I snorted with laughter as Simon shook his head smiling.

"At the hands of a plastic Halloween decoration." I commented with a wide grin on my face, this whole situation was hilarious even if we didn't end up seeing a ghost. Or, well, a real one to be more exact.

"Shuddup."

"Well you gotta look on the bright side." Sammy said joining the conversation with a smirk playing on her lips; I looked over at her raising an eyebrow.

"And what's that?" Simon asked looking towards Sammy as well. Spencer moved the camera onto her zooming in on her face.

"No one had to go be gay for the poor dead intern." Everyone busted out into loud laughter except Colby because she would've been the poor dead intern someone would've had to go gay for. At one point during the laughter Spencer almost dropped her camera from laughing so much.

"Funny, really funny." Colby said sarcastically walking out of the room taking her camera and salt with her.

"Colbs, Colby come back!" Simon said through his laughter.

"Corbett!" Sammy, Spencer and I all yelled out together as, we too, headed out of the room and out of the "haunted" house. The hunt might've been a bust but it sure as hell was entertaining. Next time, we'd have to do a little more research than just going on what Spencer's part Canadian non-psychic relative says.