Status: May contain 'descriptive' scenes..

Reckless

Chapter 1 - Crash

The crowd swayed and I started tipping to my left. Something jabbed me right in the ribs. I readjusted myself in the packed crowd and helped myself stay upright as some people further to my left fell and were heaved back up by various strangers in the crowd that either cared about them, or wanted them to get the fuck out of their way so they could get closer to the stage. I presumed it was the second. I had never fell at a concert, but I had always tried to help anyone that had fell around me. I was small and weak, and wasn't much help at all; but if I was ever in that position I would hope a stranger would do that for me. I soon found out that they would.

Because I listen to a lot of local smaller bands, I go to a lot of gigs alone. They're small and I like that the crowds are always so enthusiastic and obviously care about the music. That, and I really can't put up with the constant hassle of a running commentary throughout gigs by my friends. "DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT WAS SO HOT. THAT GUITAR SOLO WAS SO COOL. OH MY GOD HOW DID HE DO THAT WITH THE DRUMSTICK?" I did notice all of these things. I just didn't find it necessary to share it with all of my friends during the gig, as I presumed they would have seen it if they were taking any notice.

Alone at this small venue, I swayed harshly against the strangers that surrounded me, who then pushed back, causing a large wave of angered pushes to come erupting from right at the back of the crowd. Now three rows from barrier, finally getting myself upright once again, I felt something tug violently at my ponytail. Before I knew it, I hit the floor. Scraping around the floor that was stained with dirt and cider spills, I grabbed the ankle closest to me. They jerked it from my grasp and I found myself faceplanting once again. About 10 seconds passed of desperately trying for a way up, before everything around me suddenly turned black. I don't remember what had triggered it, but I had blacked out.

Nodding back into full consciousness, I awoke to a boy I had never seen before, very close to my face. My eyes adjusted quickly and I was soon able to pick out his distinctive features. He possessed a strong jawline and defined, curved cheek bones. He had wide blue eyes, and his skin wasn't exactly smooth but it looked good with his hard features.

"Hello?" he asked calmy. I stirred, trying to help myself up and find out where I was. He picked himself up from next to me and helped me up, slowly, supporting my back as he lifted me to my feet. "Wh.. What happened?" I pressed the palm of my hand to my eye. I looked around and noticed my whereabouts. I was outside the venue, just around from where the doors were. "I'm sorry, ehm, I'm Dan. I brought you out here because I saw you collapse in there" He wearily pointed a hand to the building behind us and redirected his focus back onto me. He let his hand drop softly to his side again."Oh, thank you. I'm uh..." My words stumbled me when I noticed his glare was still fixed on me. He noticed and looked away quickly. I smiled to myself. "I'm Louise."