Status: May contain 'descriptive' scenes..

Reckless

Chapter 2 - Trophy Eyes

After that, Dan had took me back inside the venue for some water, made sure I was alright, and ordered me a taxi. Even though my head was still pounding, Dan made me laugh and when I winced in pain, I'd find him with a cute look of panic on his face. I took the piss out of him after that, and we both laughed as I imitaded the face he had made. We had exchanged numbers so he could "check up on me" in the morning. I didn't know how to respond to the initial offering, but after a while I convinced myself that it wasn't weird to give a stranger your number. Afterrall, he had saved me from several broken bones that night. I knew he wasn't trying to pull and probably actually was curious to how I would be in the morning.. because well, I'm kinda short and weird looking. No boy would ever want to 'pull me'. But Dan seemed weird, different, I couldn't explain it. I'd never try to get inside the mind of a boy, they were too confusing. Obviously, I had never bothered in having or even trying to get a boyfriend.

I wasn't gay, I knew that I had an interest in boys and not girls, but just the thought of actually having a boyfriend never appealed to me. I'd always been the friend that all my friends would cry to when they split up with their boyfriends. And lets be honest, I loved my friends, but it was fucking annoying. I didn't ever want to find myself in that position. Partially because I knew that when it was me being 'cried on', I didn't give one fuck about their problems, but just didn't want to seem mean by telling them to grow a pair and move the fuck on. I saw how messed up some of them got.. and what, for a boy? A silly little prick that didn't even deserve them? That's not for me thank you. If I was to ever settle down, I'd have to find the perfect boy. One that wouldn't treat me like dirt. He'd treat me like a princess, and I'd let him be my prince. He would be...

I woke up abruptly from the noise of my phones message tone. I rolled over in my bed and felt around my bed side table for my phone, without opening my eyes. I wasn't sure if I was too lazy to open my eyes or too scared.. Who knows, I might have had 2 massive black eyes and wouldn't be able to open them for 3 more days. I pulled the duvet far over my head and unlocked my phone when I was completely under the covers. The bright screen hurt my eyes for a split second, and I had to blink a few times for my eyes to accept the light. "New message from Dan" read my screen. My head flashbacked to last night and I laughed to myself at the thought of this stranger, Dan, seeing me hit the floor like a sack of potatoes, and still making the effort to actually look after me. I must have looked like such an idiot.

I opened the message. "Hi! How are you feeling today? You took it pretty hard last night!" I giggled at the obvious innuendo. My mind wandered back to Dans face, close to mine last night. I thought carefully to think if he looked like the type of person to laugh at a dirty joke if I made one. Would it be too early on in the friendship for me to make a dirty joke? Or should I not hide the kind of person I obviously am? Sometimes, it's hard to believe I'm 22 years old. I composed a text "Haha, yeah I did. Thanks again for helping me. Probably wouldn't have got out there alive if it wasn't for you!" I decided against making a dirty joke. I wasn't a sex crazed lune, and I definetley didn't want to come across as anything like that. But what if he was one of those? Or what if he liked girls that way? And why was I thinking into things so much?

I remembered why. Because when I looked at Dan that night, I remembered his perfect jawline, strong but not overpowering. His cheek bones and facial structure, everything falling perfectly into place on his slightly tanned face. You could tell everything was kept well looked after, even with all these tiny imperfetions which just made everything about him even more beautiful. I remembered his eyes more than anything. I remembered the loving look in them when he realized I was awake. I rememebered how uneasy they got when I stared back at him. I rememberd looking into them and wanting to know more. I wanted to know a lot more about Dan. An incoming text interrupted my thoughts. "No problem, it was nothing. I was just wondering if maybe you'd like to get something to eat with me today?" I smiled wide at the screen. "Of course I would."