Status: May contain 'descriptive' scenes..

Reckless

Chapter 3 - If You Run

I sprayed my hair with hairspray one last time as I admired myself in the mirror right next to my door. I removed the stray eye lash that had fell onto my cheek, grabbed my clutch purse, and headed for the door. A dinner date at 3 in the afternoon should never have been this formal. Well, when I say formal, I mean I actually put make up and my favourite pair of jeans on, not as in fancy formal. I didn't do fancy formal, not at all. One, because I didn't suit that look, and two, because it was stupid as fuck. Band t-shirts and jeans done the job just fine for me.

I got outside of the cafe where me and Dan had arranged to meet and looked around. No sign of Dan. I pulled up my sleeve to reveal my watch, which then told me I was 10 minutes early. I decided to go inside and get a booth for us. As I sat down in a corner booth, I looked around at the type of people that where in here. It wasn't a typical 'first date' kinda place, at least, it didn't look it. Business men with their laptops sat and drank their coffee alone, old couples at the tables at the windows looking out onto the street. The slow staff made the place feel a little too chilled. It made me more nervous then it should have, so I pulled out my phone and started playing around with the setting to pass the time. And just as I locked my phone and put it down on the table, Dan walked in.

I looked up as he walked in and scanned around the cafe, obviously looking to see if I had arrived yet. His stare passed me and then landed on me again as he smirked and walked towards me. The 5 seconds it took for him to walk towards me give me more then enough time to admire every bit of his physique. He was tall, slim, just the right size. It was easy to tell he had attempted to make an effort with his slicked hair which had been kinda destroyed by the wind. Not gonna lie, it still looked really good. He was wearing a large leather jacket, with a white v neck tshirt underneath, and his black skinny jeans fit him very, very well.

'"Hey!", he said smiling and taking a seat close to me in the booth. I choked up a bit. 'Hello', I said back shyly. I pushed my hair behind my ear. And with that 2 awkward seconds over, conversation sparked instantly, starting with the events of the past night. And with that, me and Dan sat in the booth for nearly 3 hours and talked about most things I wanted to know about him. I found out he was in a drummer in a band. I had never heard of them, but from what I heard they were quite big. They were just about to set up their first full UK headline tour, and talking about the music didn't disinterest me at all. I didn't mind that he talked about it a lot, it proved he was passionate about it, and well, I was passionate about music too.

When we were ready to leave, we stepped outside of the cafe and the cold air and wind instantly hit us. Dan adjusted his coat and we stood just to the side of the cafe door. "Well, I've gotta go this way for my bus..", I said, pointing up the road. "Oh, well, my car is just parked round this corner. I could em, give you a ride home if you want?" He blushed and shoved his hands in his pockets. "If you don't mind? Just cause well my bus is always late and.." I scrambled for an excuse to not get the bus and get in his car. "It's totally fine, don't worry about it" He lead the way and we started to head towards his car. I shivered from the cold, thinking maybe I should've put a bigger jacket on. Dan looked towards me and I smiled. He smiled back and pulled the leather jacket from his arms and wrapped it around my shoulders. "That better?" he smirked as we continued to walk. "Yeah, thank you. You're just too kind." I said playfully.

We got into the car and he started the engine. "Where am I taking this pretty lady today then?" I blushed and gave him my home adress. "Can't say I know my way around that area, you might have to give me some directions, alright?" "Yeah sure, I'm awful at directions but I think I can remember how to get to my house from here." I smiled and looked down until the small car journey was over.

"Well Dan, I had a lovely time today and thanks for the ride home. We should do this again sometime.'" I unbuckled my seat belt and started to check for my belongings incase anything had fell out on the journey home. "Wait.. Louise. Can I ask you something?" he asked, the most confident he had sounded all day. "Of course, anything." I replied. "If I was to kiss you right now, what would you do?" He looked up from his hands that were still on the wheel, to my lips. "I.. I should go inside now Dan. I'll text you later." I felt all of the confidence we had both built up over the date, shatter. And with that, I rushed out of the car and into the house. And I didn't look back to see if he was looking or to see if he had even drove away. I shut the front door behind me and stopped to look in the mirror in the hallway. I pulled my arms to the back of my head and thought through what had just happened. Why did I just reject the only guy that had ever showed any real interest in me?