Two Hearts Beating as One

I hate Vegas

"Okay. You two can go home now." Said Mr. Duffy, our boss. He was talking to me and my twin sister, Emmaline. I did a big sigh of relief. Finally, we were done for the day.

I hate working at a bar, and I know that Emmaline does too. The only reason why we took this job was because we really needed the money. "Come on Madeline." I heard her say.

I turned to face her, and she already had both of our purses in her hands. I took my red one, then we walked out the door.

It was almost 3:00 A.M in Vegas, and I couldn't wait to get home. That meant my nice warm bed and a cup of tea. It was strangely cold tonight, and being in shorts didn't help either one of us.

We got in our car and started driving. The trip home wasn't long, but our car was going slow for some reason. After a little bit, the car stopped. Emmaline kept turning the key, but it wouldn't budge. "Of fucking course! I hate this fucking car!" She yelled. I jumped a little at her voice.

"I-I guess we have to walk, Ems."

She nodded. "Yeah. We have to get this fixed somehow tomorrow." We both got out of the car and started walking.

As we walked back home, it seemed like we made a wrong turn. Which surprised me since we've walked back from the bar countless times. "Sis, do you know where we are?" I asked.

"I'm not too sure, but we might be close to home." She answered.

We kept walking, but I was slightly scared. I've never been to this part of town before, and I have no idea where we're going. Getting lost has always been a fear of mine, but we always found our way back home.

Every now and then, I would hear whistling coming from behind us. Now I'm really scared. Who knows what fucked up people here in Vegas do to twins.

"Ems, can we hurry up?" I whispered to her.

She nodded her head, and we started walking a little bit faster. I could tell we were almost home by the barely lit street signs; I still heard the whistling though.

Next thing we knew, there were two tall, buff men in front of us. They looked like they wanted something from us. "What are you pretty ladies doing out here so late?" The one with brown hair asked us. I wouldn't say he was handsome, but I wouldn't say he was ugly either. His friend had a similar look to him, but he was blonde. They both looked like they played football in highschool.

"That's none of your business." Emmaline said. We started walking, but then the two men caught up with us.

"Hey, we just wanna make sure you're okay." Said the blonde one.

Emmaline made a fake smile to them. "We're just fine. Thanks." Then the brown haired one took my arm. "Let go of fucking my sister!" Emmaline yelled.

"Make me." He countered.

I could see the fire in her eyes as she tried to punch him, but the blonde one took her arms. "Calm down, toots. It'll be okay."

I wanted to scream, but I knew better. I just wanted to get out of this situation. I wanted to be home. "Please, just get away from me." I said to the man, quietly.

"Did you say something?" He asked me.

"Yes, I did. I said, get the fuck away from me."

He shook his head. "I don't know if I can do that for you, sugar."

"What do you want from us?" Emmaline asked them.

"Everything." Said the blonde one. I saw the evil intentions he had in his eyes. It was horrifying. I could tell he wanted to do something that we would never forget. "Look, if you two co-operate, it won't be so bad." He continued.

I couldn't take this anymore, so I did my best to try to kick the guy that was holding me back. It didn't exactly work out in my favor. He turned me around and slapped me. "That'll teach you to be nice." The man said harshly in his deep voice. "That goes for you, too." He said, looking straight at Emmaline.

The fear in her eyes was so apparent that I started crying. Not just crying, weeping. I tried to contain all the tears, but I was too scared to even do that.

"Madeline, stay strong." Ems said. Her voice was cracking at every word.

I cried silently as I felt the man's hands were removed from me. I don't think anything good is going to happen next.

Before I knew it, I heard voices coming from behind me. It was two men. Emmaline wrapped her arms around me as I cried on her shoulder, totally blocking out what was going on in my suroundings.

Once I was done, I turned around. I saw that the first two guys were running from the two new guys. They saved us?

"Are you two all right?" Asked the taller one of the two. He had dark brown hair, a lot of tattoos and dark eyes like his hair. The guy with him was quite attractive. He had light brown hair, he also had a lot of tattoos and what looked like snake bites.

"We should be okay." Emmaline answered.

"Are you sure? You look pretty shaken up." He remarked. The shorter one didn't say anything. Neither did I; I was too scared to talk.

Emmaline kept talking to the other guy while I tried to regroup myself. I wasn't able to pay much attention to what they were saying; I was still in shock.

"What were you guys doing out here so late anyways?" Again, the tall one did the questioning.

"Walking home from work. We didn't expect to be done so late." I answered, finally speaking up. It's true, we're usually off work by midnight, never this late.

"Do you guys work at a bar or something?" Asked the shorter one. He had an English accent which caught me off gaurd. I didn't expect that at all. I liked hearing him talk.

Nodding, I said, "Yeah, we do."

He also nodded, then Emmaline said, "Madeline, we really should get home. It's very late, and I don't want to be out here longer."

"Let us walk you home. You'll be much safer with us, trust me." Said the taller one.

"Don't worry. We're not crazy like those two guys were." Chimed in the shorter one.

We were hesitant to let them walk us back, but they seemed pretty harmless.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone enjoys this....again haha <3