Two Hearts Beating as One

Familiar Taste Of Poison

"Thank you guys so much for fighting for us," I told the guys after throwing the towels in the wash.

"It's no biggie," Ronnie replied. Wait, biggie? Ehhh whatever.

"Yeah, its about time those assfucks learned a lesson," Jacky added.

"Well, let's go to bed." I said after Mads and I gave each of them hugs. "We've got a big day ahead of us."

"Okay," the other three replied simultaneously.

As Ronnie and I made our way back to my room a sense of dread coursed through that something was imminent. Shaking this feeling off, I walked on with Ronnie. Once Ronnie and I were settled in back to bed, I waited until I heard his steady breathing that indicated he was asleep before drifting off myself.

"Scream! Until you feel it. Scream! Until you believe it. Scream, and when it hurts you, scream it out loud!" I jolted awake at the sound of my phone going off. "Ack!" I shouted as I fell off my bed and onto Ronnie.

"Mmm mmp phmm!" I heard from under me.

I pushed myself off of him quickly. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall on you. Oh, what did you say?"

"It's okay, and I shouted, what the fuck?!" Ronnie replied.

"Ohh, well I gotta check my phone. That's what woke me up," I explained at his perplexed look.

"Oh, okay. Say, where is the bathroom? I need to shower."

"Bathroom's down the hall. Fourth door on your left," I replied, making a mental note to clean out the extra guest rooms.

Checking my phone, I noticed that I had two missed calls from an unknown number, but no voice mails. Who do Mads and I know in Cali? Herm. Oh, well, I'll ask her later.

I straitened up my room and walked over to my dresser to pick out clothes for the day. I chose a Tye-dye dress with hearts and flowers on the bottom and a banner that read love. I also chose my purple, black and clear jelly bands, a BVB morning star necklace and deathbat gauges.

Grabbing a towel and my bathrobe, I jumped into the shower. Fifteen minutes later, I stepped out of the shower feeling refreshed. I wrapped myself in my bathrobe, towel dried my hair and cleaned the precipitation off the mirror. Plugging in my straightener, I did my make-up as I waited for it to heat up completely.

Turning around and walking out of the bathroom, I bumped into Ronnie. "Oh jeez, I'm sorry." I apologized. "I was just getting my clothes." Well, now this is awkward, I thought.

"It's okay, I should've said something." Ronnie said.

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked Ronnie. "Can you go down the hall to the last two doors on your right and wake up Mads and Jacky?"

"Sure," he answered, then left.

I finished straightening my hair, then I went downstairs to get started on breakfast.

As soon as I had all the ingredients, Mads, Jacky and Ronnie all came down the stairs. "Hey guys," I called out to them. "I'll make the waffle/pancake batter and Mads can make the bacon. Who wants to make eggs, and who wants to make the Irish potatoes?"

"I'll make the Irish potatoes," Jacky offered.

"And I'll make the eggs, and set the table." Ronnie volunteered.

"All right," I said, and we all went to work. But it was too quiet. "Who wants to listen to music?" I questioned and a chorus of "me"s in reply.

I walked over to the iHome an turned on the music. Just then the doorbell rang. "I got it," I said, then I ran to the door. When I opened the door, I was greeted by six faces. "Welcome to our humble abode." I said. "You can either leave your shoes on or take them off, your choice."

"Where are Ronnie and Jacky?" A guy with short, jet black hair, brown eyes, and a LOT of tattoos asked.

"They're in the kitchen," I replied. "You guys can sit and make yourselves comfortable while we finish making breakfast."

About twenty minutes later, all of us were around the table and talking. "Uhmmm, are you guys twins?" A girl with pink and black hair, and green eyes asked.

"Yepp," Mads answered then pointed to herself. "I'm Madeline," then she pointed to me, "And she's Emmaline."

"Yepp, yepp." I confirmed.

"So how did you meet Ronnie and Jacky?" A girl with bright, cotton-candy blue hair and purple eyes asked.

"Ems and I were walking home when we were attacked by a couple of thugs," Mads started.

"Luckily before anything could happen to us," I continued.

"Jacky and Ronnie came to our rescue." Mads finished for me.

"Yeah after kicking those dickfucks asses, they walked us home." I continued on, then proceeded to relay the events of last night. "As it was late, I offered them to let stay here. They accepted, as you know, and it's a good thing they did. At about three this morning, those fuckheads broke in and got their asses handed to them again."

"Emmaline, you left out the part where you pick-pocketed our wallets." Jacky said.

"Yeah, because I'm not proud of that." I replied. "In my defense, I had to know what kind of guys I was inviting to stay with my sister and me. The ends, however, do not justify the means, and I apologize."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Sighing, I excused myself to go answer it. When I opened the door, I immediately regretted it. Standing before me was our estranged "parents".

"Well? Are you going to invite us in, or what?" Our mother, Beatrice, demanded somewhat rudely.

"I apologize, please do come in and wait in the parlor while I go get Madeline." I said stiffly. Without another word, I turned and walked into the dining room. "Madeline, our... "parents" are here." I announced hesitating on the word parents. My hesitation clued Mads in as to which parents I was speaking of.

"SHIT!" Mads exclaimed vehemently. "Guys, if you want to meet them, stick around. If not, please go up stairs." No one left. "Very well then, let's go face the firing squad."

Mads and I squared our shoulders and walked into the parlor. The others followed silently. "Mother, Father." We acknowledged them.

"Madeline, Emmaline," They replied together. "It has come to our attention that you are working as bartenders. That is entirely unacceptable." Beatrice said in a haughty tone.

"Why should our professions matter now? You haven't been involved in out lives since we were 11! That's 13 fucking years!" I shouted. "For two fucking years we did whatever we had to in order to survive! We had to defend ourselves against rapists, pedophiles, pimps, and druggies!" By the end of my rant, I was breathless and Mads had taken over.

"No one gave a damn about us! We were in least 60 fights a week! By the time we were 13 we had almost been killed 20 times! Why the hell would you care now?"

"They don't," I started. "They never have and they never will be our parents because they've never fucking cared. It took us two years to find a save haven. A safe haven that was offered to us by a couple whom I attempted to steal from. I wasn't quite fast enough, and the husband caught me. They asked me why I had taken the purse. In response, I showed them to the alley in which Mads and I had been living in for a year and half and that point." I said in a quiet tone. "This couple, saddened by the way in which we had to survive, took us in and enrolled us in a school. But there was a bargain involved, we had to promise to get good grades and never steal again. They are our parents, not you. So don't act like you have any right dictate us how we should or shouldn't live! You have never cared for us, they have. They are our parents, now you, you bitch!" I shouted.

"You will not speak to us that way! Earl, our "father" shouted at us.

"This is our fucking house!" Mads yelled back. "We can speak to you however we wish!"

"Yeah! Now get the fuck out!" I shouted.

"Why, you little sluts!" He roared then raised his fist. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact. I heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh, but I didn't feel it. Curiously, I opened my eyes. Standing in front of me was Ronnie! He had Earl's fist in his hand.

"You will never, and I mean never raise your hand to either of your daughters, see them or attempt to communicate with them." Ronnie said, his voice deadly. "If you do, your bodies will never be found, and if they are, it will look like an accident. Now get the hell out."

Earl's and Beatrice's faces blanched at the threat. Within seconds they were gone.

After they had left, I looked around and noticed the pitying looks on everyone's faces. I quickly bolted upstairs and into my room before the first tear could fall. Once safely inside, I collapsed on the bed and let the tears flow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys to show you what the other look like, I'm gonna have pictures because I want the readers who don't know what they look like see them. These pictures will be added into the Characters section sometime this month.

GIF TIME!!!!!

Me at the beginning
Image

Me as I read on and began to remember this chapter
Image

Me trying to describe everyone.

Image
Image (Yes, I realize that's a meme not a gif.)
Image

Me when I get to the part about their parents
Image
Image
Image

I was just attacked with feels in this chapter!

Ronnie protecting us and threatening the bad peoples
Image
Image
Image

Ronnie being all GTFO BITCH!
Image
Image