Status: active. updates faster with comments!

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

Why I Stopped Updating...

There are times where I completely forgot I started this story, but I still occasionally get emails where someone commented, and it brings back so many memories. There were a number of reasons I kind of just stopped updating out of the blue. In no particular order...

1) I started this story nearly 4 years ago when I was 14 years old (I'm 18 now, whoa what the heck happened to time?!) and obsessed with ATL. Which brings me to...

2) I don't really listen to the band any longer. I still listen to the new albums when they come out, follow all the guys on Twitter, and watch Alex and Jack's snapchat stories, but I've lost the love for my once favorite band.

3) I ran into major writers block and had no idea where to go with this. I had a final chapter written but had no idea how to get from point A (chapter 16) to point B (final chapter, whichever number that one would have been). Like I said, I was 14-15 when I wrote this, I did not know how to plan out a story properly and just wrote whatever came to mind.

4) It was cliche as hell. Reading it now, I cringe at how poorly I did with writing and making it original.

5) My writing style has changed A LOT since then and I haven't tried to write a proper fanfiction in quite some time now (so many ideas of things in my brain but I don't know how to get them on Word and I haven't had time to write while juggling schoolwork, senior year, scholarship essays, working 2 jobs and maintaining some sort of social life - who am I kidding, I have none).

6) When I was writing this, my laptop crashed, so I don't have a lot of the original ideas I had written (stupid 15 year old McKenzie not knowing how to back up things).

7) At the time, Mibba seemed to start getting less and less popular, or maybe it was just my story, so I was never getting any feedback or readers. It just left me with no motivation to continue what I started and finish Kaylie and Alex's story.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, that's why I stopped updating. I've seen where one of my favorite stories I used to read on here began updating sporadically again, so maybe I might do the same. Who knows really. If I am to do that, I will probably re-write everything I got so far to make it less lame/cliche and more like my now writing style.

So long for now; I may come back to this account and revamp it with my now writing style.
~ McKenzie