Fix a Heart

one of one

"Faster Dav.... God move faster," Luca yelled as his boyfriend Davin slowly moved in and out of him.

"Luca," Davin said in the tone that let his partner know he wasn't happy. "I want to make love to you, not make this a quick fuck before bed; so please let me do this at my pace."

"Fine, I'm sorry. I love you," he said pulling the other boys face down to kiss him.

"I know you do, and lucky for you I love you too," Davin said with a smile before he quickly pulled out and thrusted back in; making love to his boyfriend.


Who would have known that that would be the last time the two boys were intimate like that? Luca had always looked ahead and saw himself spending forever with Davin so waking up one morning to an empty, cold bed and a note with the simple words 'I'm sorry' on it was not something he ever expected.

What Davin had to be sorry for he didn't even know? As far as Luca was concerned everything was perfect between them. So maybe they had argued because Boomer, Luca's 4 month old puppy had pooped in the living room; but isn't that an argument every couple with a puppy has during the potty training stage? What was so bad about their relationship that Davin had to run away from him in the middle of the night?

To make matters worse that night Davin's parents were scheduled to come over for their weekly Sunday night dinner.

Not in the mood to cook a dinner that most likely no one will eat, Luca spent his time cleaning the house. Making sure all of Boomers toys were cleaned up, and that he hadn't pooped behind the couch again. He was sure that Mr. and Mrs. Roberts would understand a little bit of dog mess since they had fostered dogs for so many years.

Boomers barking and the ringing of the doorbell let Luca know that the Roberts where there.

"Hey guys, come on in," he said with a smile trying to act as though everything was normal for as long as he could.

"How are you doing Luca?" Mrs. Roberts asked as she walked in and handed her coat to her husband who hung it up on the coat rack right inside the door.

"I'm doing just fine. How about yourself?"

"I'm just great; so happy to see my boy and the boy who makes him so happy."

"Where is that son of ours anyways?" Mr. Roberts asked making Luca tear up slightly.

"Honey what's wrong?" Mrs. Roberts asked pulling Luca into her arms at the sight of his tears.

"Davin isn't here anymore," he cried into her shoulder.

"What do you mean he isn't here anymore?" Mr. Roberts asked looking at Luca with nothing but concern for the crying boy.

"When I woke up this morning I was alone, his side of the bed was empty aside from this note," he explained as he pulled the dreaded note from his pocket and handed it to The Roberts. Thankfully it was still legible even with the ink that was smeared with his tear drops. "I thought maybe it was a joke at first but then I checked the closet and all his clothes were gone along with all those stupid little knick-knacks he kept on the dresser."

"Oh you poor dear," Mrs. Roberts said hugging him close.

As he was crying into Mrs. Roberts shoulder he noticed Mr. Roberts go into the other room with his phone in his hand. Deciding that he didn’t really care about the call right now, and only cared about crying out his pain, Luca buried his face further into her shoulder and let out a few more soul renching sobs.

“Well on the upside, Davin is safe,” Mr. Roberts said walking back into the room. “Downside is he won’t tell me where he is and I’m pretty sure he’s going to ditch the phone sooner or later, because he knows just like I did to him when he was in high school, cell phones can be traced.”

“Did he say why he left?” Mrs. Roberts asked for me.

“No, I’m so sorry Luca.”

“I just want my Davy home again,” he said as he dabbed at the tears in his eyes.

“We know you do sweetie,” Mr. Roberts said as he came over and started to rub the boys back in a way that he hoped was comforting.

----


Later that night, after the Roberts had left, Luca went up to their… well now his room and curled up in his bed, that now just seemed way too big for one person, and started to cry.

“Why Dav, why?” he yelled as he rolled over and saw a framed picture of them together on the beach no more than a month ago.

As the tears started to distort his vision he decided it was time for sleep. Maybe if he was lucky he would wake up in the morning to find out that this had all been a horrible dream and Davin would be down stairs making him a nice breakfast to apologize for making him cry so much today.

----


The weeks following after Davin’s departure turned into something of a routine for Luca. Every morning he would wake up at 6:30am, jump into the shower, get dressed for work, and grab a banana to eat on the way and then head into work. While at work he would put that fake smile on his face that made people think he was just fine. When people would ask him about how Davin was doing he’d say that he was fine, ‘just working hard’; no one needed to know that he left.

It wasn’t for almost a month in a half that things started to change for Luca. Rather than waking up at 6:30, he would be up at 5, throwing up in the bathroom. It took him another week and a half to realize that it might be something serious and schedule a doctor’s appointment for the following day.

The second Davin’s parents heard about the appointment they, well mainly Mrs. Roberts was calling Luca to see if he wanted her to come along and support him.

“You really don’t have to,” Luca said, even though he had been praying for someone to go with him. He hasn’t had to go to a doctor’s appointment for as long as he could remember. Growing up his mom always went with him, and then once he started dating Davin, he was always with him.

“Sweetie, I know I don’t have to, but I want to,” Mrs. Roberts said with a smile.

“Really you don’t have to,” Luca said once again not wanting to burden her.

“I’ll be there to pick you up at nine,” Mrs. Roberts said before hanging up, not letting Luca protest.

With a relieved sigh Luca hugged the phone to his chest and thanked whoever it was that made the Roberts love him so much. Now he didn’t have to go to the scary doctor’s office all by himself.

----


Nine a.m. the next morning and Mrs. Roberts was at Luca’s door with a smile on her face.

“How are you today Luca?”

“I’m nauseous, cranky, and I just want to go back to bed,” he grumbled as he walked towards the front door and pulled on his shoes angrily.

“Sweetie, don’t worry. We’ll get you to the doctors, they’ll give you some medication, and you’ll be feeling like yourself in no time.”

“I really hope you’re right,” Luca said as they walked out the door and towards her car.

“How often am I wrong?” she asked with a laugh.

“I can think of one time that’s really standing out in my brain,” he said with a glare.

“Oh, and what’s that one time?”

“When you told me I’d be your son-in-law one day. I don’t know if you noticed or not, but it’s not going to happen anymore since Davin bailed on me,” he said as the tears that he thought he was done with started pouring down his cheeks.

“Luca, don’t cry sweetie. If I know my boy he’ll be back for you sooner rather than later,” she said with a smile as she reached over and rested a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“I highly doubt it,” he said as he started wiping away his tears. “He won’t answer any of my phone calls. All I want is him to tell me why he left. I want to know why I wasn’t good enough for him.”

“Sweetie, you were more than good enough for him. I think Davy just got his daddy’s genes of running when relationships get to serious. If I know my boy, and I’m almost positive I do, he’ll be back for you before you even notice.”

“You better be right, because I can’t take another day without him.”

“Luca, you’re a lot stronger than you make yourself out to be; trust me.”

“I don’t think I am.”

“Well I know you are. Now, get out of the car so we can see what’s wrong with you,” she said as she pulled into the parking lot of Luca’s doctor’s office.

With a sigh Luca opened his door and hopped out of the car, hugging himself as the cool autumn air hit him and made him shiver.

Walking into the doctor’s office he made a beeline for the sliding glass windows that separated him from the nursing station so that he could check in.

"Hello," the perky nurse behind the counter greeted. "How can I help you today?"

I have an appointment at 9:30," he said still hugging himself self-consciously.

"You must be Luca," she said after clicking away on her keyboard for a few seconds. "The doctor will be out to get you in a moment," she said after Luca nodded his head yes.

After a quietly mumbled thank you Luca made his way over to where Mrs. Roberts was and took a seat.

"Don't worry honey, everything will be fine," she assured.

----


"So what seems to be the problem, Luca?" Dr. Michaels asked with a smile.

"I've been throwing up every morning for the last few weeks and I'm really tired all the time," he explained.

"Hmmm... Mind if I ask you a few questions?" the doctor asked.

"If it helps you figure out what's wrong with me then ask away."

"Okay, are you sexually active?"

"I was up until about two, two and a half months ago."

"Have you had any weird feelings going on in your stomach area?"

"A little bit," he said with a shrug.

"Alright. I think we need to get you a blood test to confirm or deny what I'm thinking is happening to you. Is that okay?"

“Okay,” Luca said with a shaky voice. The doctor wasn’t really giving any hint as to what could be wrong with him, so for all he knew he was dying.

Two hours of nervous waiting later the doctor came back in the room to tell Luca what was going on with him.

“Am I dying?” he asked nervously gripping tightly onto the hand of Mrs. Roberts who had been sitting with him for the last hour and a half.

“No Luca, you are far from dying,” Dr. Michaels reassured.

“Then what’s going on with me?”

“Well Luca, depending on where you are in life you might think this is a good thing or a bad thing, but all-in-all Luca, you’re pregnant,” the doctor deadpanned.

“What?” he asked in shock as he stared lovingly down at his stomach. He always wanted to have a baby. He even talked about having one with Davin in a few years once they were married and had settled down somewhere where they wanted to make a home forever.

“Yep, you’re pregnant; about three months along to be exact. I’m setting your due date at about April 30th,” he said with a smile.

“Oh my goodness, I’m going to be a dad,” Luca said with tears in his eyes are he turned towards Mrs. Roberts and was greeted with a big hug.

“I’m so happy for you sweetie,” she said as she petted down his hair.

“Well, that’s all I can really tell you for today, why don’t you two go out front and make an appointment for about a week from now so we can do your first ultrasound and get you a picture of your baby.”

“Thank you so much,” Luca said with a smile before hopping out of his chair and walking up to the front desk followed by Mrs. Roberts.

----


It wasn’t until he was in the car on his way home that Luca remembered when he got home, Davin wouldn’t be there for him to share the good news with. He was going to have to celebrate on his own. He was going to have to raise his child on his own. He wasn’t sure how he was going to handle that one.

“I can’t wait to go shopping for baby clothes,” Mrs. Roberts said as they were driving along. “Babies always have the cutest clothes. And knowing you, your baby will be an absolute cutie.”

“Thanks,” Luca said as he stared out the cars window.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?”

“I’m going to be alone. I’m going to have to raise my baby all alone,” he said before breaking down into tears.

Quickly pulling off to the side of the road, Mrs. Roberts wrapped her arms around Luca. “Don’t worry sweetheart, Dale and I will be there with you every step of the way,” she said as she started petting his hair.

“I don’t want you guys. I want Davin,” he said as he started sobbing more.

“I know baby, I know. If I could I would make Davin come home to you right this second, but I can’t. You need to be strong for not only yourself, but for your baby too. The baby can feel when you’re stressed and upset; don’t stress out your baby because you want Davin home.”

“I just want Davin,” he cried once more before his sobs became too powerful for him to talk anymore.

----


Luca cried into Mrs. Roberts shoulder for what felt like hours before he fell asleep and she laid him down in the seat so that she could continue driving him home. Once she had him to the house, she gently shook his shoulder and coaxed him awake. “Luca sweetie, come on let’s get you up to bed.”

With a few unintelligible words mumbled here and there Luca made his way up to his bedroom and crawled under the sheets once again hoping that Davin’s disappearance was all just a dream and he would wake up to Davin kissing his face.

Of course fate wasn’t that kind. Three hours later Luca woke up alone only to run to the bathroom and throw up once again. At least now he could blame it on morning sickness and not some unknown illness.

After throwing up his breakfast from that morning, Luca decided it would be best to go downstairs and get himself some lunch, only stop halfway down the stairs as he heard voices arguing.

“You need to tell him to come home; now,” Mrs. Roberts said sounding angrier that Luca has ever heard her before.

“I can’t tell him what to do. He’s an adult, if he wasn’t to leave Luca than there is nothing I can do to stop him. Plus would it really be fair to him, or even Luca if he stayed her when he clearly doesn’t want to be here?”

“I don’t care. He got Luca pregnant, he should man up and come back to help raise his child.”

“Eleanor, you and I both know it’s not that simple. We can’t just drag him home by his ear and tell him to play nice and help raise the child. Davin is a stubborn boy, you should know as well as I that he can’t be swayed once he’s made up his mind.”

“I just hate seeing Luca so upset, and so unhappy.”

“I know you do, and so do I.”

“I just want Davin to come home and fix this mess he’s created.”

“Me too, but we can’t force him too. If he loves Luca as much as he says he does then he’ll be back sooner or later.”

“It better be sooner,” Mrs. Roberts said before storming into the kitchen. “Now what do you think Luca will want for lunch?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you wake him up and ask him,” Mr. Roberts suggested.

Right as Mrs. Roberts was going to protest and tell her husband that Luca needed all the rest he could get; Luca walked into the kitchen and interrupted her. “I’d love some chicken. I don’t care what it is right now, as long as it is made of, or has chicken in it,” he said with a smile.

“Alright, I’ll get that started. Why don’t you go into the living room, turn on something to watch and lay down for a little bit longer.”

“Okay, and thank you,” he said with a smile before disappearing into the living room.

----


Two weeks later and things were starting to settle into something of a pattern for Luca once again. Yes; he was still up every morning to throw up, but now he had Mrs. and sometimes Mr. Roberts over at night to cook him a healthy meal, all because Mrs. Roberts found out he was planning on living on frozen meals for the entirety of his pregnancy.

He was still crying about Davin every day, but when Mrs. Roberts was around he’d put on that brave face and act like he was happy.

Three days before Luca’s four month sonogram, Davin finally called his parents once again, just like he promised he would do once he was settled.

“Davin, where the hell are you?” Mrs. Roberts asked her son as she finally got on the phone to talk to him.

“Mom, please,” he begged wanting to just talk to his mom, not deal with the million questions she was about to throw at him.

“No sweetie, tell me where you are.”

“I’m on the other side of town,” he said with a sigh.

“Why have you refused to contact us for months? Why did you leave Luca? Why haven’t you been answering his calls? And when are you coming home to him?”

“I haven’t contacted you guys because I wanted to get settled first so that you wouldn’t have to listen to me stress about getting moved into a new place. I left Luca because I didn’t love him anymore--,” he explained.

“Don’t give me that crap, I know you love Luca,” Mrs. Roberts hissed cutting off her son.

“Loved mom, I don’t love him anymore,” Davin said resting his head on the wall and pushing the phone closer to his ear. “I haven’t been answering his calls because I don’t have anything to say to him. And I’m not coming home; so please stop pushing it.”

“Davin, you need to go back to him,” she said with a sigh.

“Give me one good reason why.”

“Luca’s pregnant,” she said frustrated. “Your child is going to need his other father. Now please go home to Luca. He needs you too.”

“Mom, I’ve moved on, I’ve met someone else and I’m happy. Please, just let me be happy.”

“What about Luca?”

“Give him time and he’ll move on too.”

“How can you be so sure about that?”

“I don’t know, but if I knew Luca at all then he’ll move on eventually.”

“Davin, you need to help him with your baby.”

“No mom I don’t. Luca’s the one that’s always wanted a baby, not me. I have to go, Gabe should be home soon and I promised him we could go out to dinner. Bye mom,” he said before hanging up and leaving Mrs. Roberts to stare at Luca’s sleeping form and hope that he would finally catch a break.

----


“Luca could you come in here for a minute,” Darrel, Luca’s boss yelled, waving him in with a hand.

“What’s up boss?” he asked with a smile, making Darrel smile too.

“I was wondering if you’d go down the block to the dinner and grab me some lunch. I’ll even give you some extra money so you can get some food to feel your little guy,” he said, his smile growing bigger. Out of all the people in his life, besides the Roberts, Darrel was the most supportive of his pregnancy. Darrel even knew about Davin leaving and he would get with his wife and have dinner with Luca every Friday night.

“Sure, what would you like?” he asked as he grabbed a sticky note and a pen and started to write down what Darrel told him.

After grabbing his coat, since the December weather was getting colder, Luca turned and made his way to the small little café that he and Darrel discovered almost a year about to get there food.

With a smile on his face he walked into the restaurant and up to the counter to order Darrel’s bacon cheeseburger with a coke and a side of onion rings, and himself a somewhat healthier chicken ceasar salad with an iced tea to drink.

“How’s the baby?” Jordan, the older man that owned the restaurant asked as he started cooking the food.

“He’s doing good,” Luca said as he smiled down at his stomach.

“So it’s a boy?” Jordan asked with a smile. Unlike Mrs. Roberts and Darrel he was hoping the baby would be a boy.

“I’m not positive, I just feel like that’s what it’s going to be.”

“Well hopefully it is. No offense, but what do you know about raising little girls?”

“Absolutely nothing, that’s always one of the reasons I want it to be a boy.”

“Well as much as I’d love to stay and talk to you about the baby, got some other customers I need to attend to,” he said with a nod towards the couple that just walked in the door. “I’ll be back to get you your food in just a few minutes.”

“Thanks,” Luca smiled before taking a seat at one of the many barstools.

Five minutes later, with a smile on his face, Luca was walking out of the café, food in hand. The smile quickly dropped from his face though when he caught sight of that one person he’d been praying to see for almost five months now.

“Davin,” he breathed as said man, walked out of a clothing store and towards him. “Davin,” he yelled a bit louder to get the boys attention as the boy got closer.

“Luca, what are you doing here?” he asked shocked to see the boy here.

“I work just up the block, in case you forgot,” he said as his smile dropped. How could Davin forget where he worked so quickly?

“I didn’t forget, I just didn’t expect to see you here. You so rarely go out for lunch.”

“Yeah, well Darrel wanted lunch and he offered to get me some too so I couldn’t say no,” he said with a shrug.

“Oh,” was all Davin said before looking around as though he was uncomfortable.

“Are you even going to ask about your baby?” Luca asked as tears started coming to his eyes.

“It’s not mine, it’s yours.”

“No, it’s ours. It’s made of half my DNA, and half yours. Do you even care about it at all?”

“No, I don’t,” Davin said as he walked past Luca and started back on his way.

“What did I do wrong Davin? Just tell me that much,” Luca said as his hormones kicked in and caused his tears to flow down his cheeks, and Davin turned around to face him.

“Nothing,” Davin said before he turned and started to walk away one again.

“Then why did you leave?”

“Because I was scared,” he shouted as he turned back around and almost slammed into Luca.

“Of what?”

“Of how much I loved you. Luca, my parents’ marriage may seem perfect from the outside, but I lived with them for over 20 years. Their marriage is anything but perfect. They fight all the time. For god’s sake they take separate vacations every year. I didn’t want us to turn out like that. And then Gabe came along and I couldn’t help but realize how cute he was, and I couldn’t help but wish I had a chance with him. That’s when I realized that relationships aren’t prefect and they’ll end eventually so I ended us before one of us got too attached.”

“Sucks for you since I was already, and still am as you say, ‘too attached’. So because of this idiot you left me, and now are leaving me alone once again to raise our child,” he said as he rested his hand on his rather large stomach.

“I already told you Lu, I found someone else in Gabe,” he said sadly as he looked down at his feet.

“Do you love him as much as you love me?”

“Loved Luca,” Davin corrected. “I loved you, but now I love him.”

“Oh, I see how it is. Well I hope you and your whore have a nice life together,” he said with a cold, quick nod before stalking off in the other direction.

“He’s not a whore Luca,” Davin screamed behind him, even though it didn’t make any difference to Luca; any guy that helped broke up his relationship was a whore to him.

----


“What happened while you were getting lunch?” Darrel asked, worried about why Luca looked so depressed, and why his eyes were so red from obviously crying.

“I ran into Davin. He didn’t even care about our baby. He didn’t even ask me how far along I was, or if the baby was healthy. Why doesn’t he care about our baby?” Luca cried.

“I don’t know Luca. If I could I’d go beat up the guy for you,” Darrel said as he came around his desk and hugged the boy. “Why don’t you pack up your things, go home and take a few days off. You seem like you could use it. And I’m sure your little guy could use it too; in case you forgot, stress isn’t too good for babies.”

“Are you sure?” Luca asked as he wiped some snot from his nose.

“I’m sure. Take at least the rest of the week off,” he said with a smile before handing Luca his lunch. “And don’t forget to eat your lunch.”

“Thanks Darrel. I’ll call you later,” he said before giving his boss one last hug, before grabbing his lunch and heading home to cry over some chicken salad and iced tea.

----


“Luca, how would you like to go with us to pick up Sparrow tomorrow?” Mrs. Roberts asked over dinner the next night.

“Sparrow’s back already?” Luca asked as he pushed some broccoli around on his plate so that he could fool Mrs. Roberts into thinking he ate some.

“Yep, and I’m sure he’d love to see you,” Mr. Roberts said with a smile hoping that seeing an older friend would make Luca feel a bit better.

“Sure, what time is his flight in?”

“Ten am. That’s not too early for you is it?”

“No, that should be fine. What time will you pick me up?”

“About nine, if that’s okay with you,” Mrs. Roberts smiled.

“Sounds perfect,” Luca said with a smile before quickly eating the rest of his meal in silence.

----


The next morning Mr. and Mrs. Roberts were sitting in the airport along with Luca waiting for the arrival of their other son, Sparrow; Davin’s twin brother who was older by five minutes.

“How much longer until he gets in?” Luca whined. “The babies getting hungry.”

“Just a few more minutes; it’s almost ten,” Mrs. Roberts smiled. “Then we can all go out for a nice big breakfast.”

“Can we get pancakes?”

“If that’s what you want, then yeah,” Mr. Roberts smiled. He still couldn’t understand how his son could leave this man that he claimed to love for so long. “That’s Sparrow’s flight, we should go to the terminal exit,” he said as a flight was announced and ushered his family towards the terminal.

The three of them stood there for about five minutes before they finally saw Sparrow’s signature messy brown hair with red highlights mixed in.

“Sparrow,” Luca called waving his arms like a crazy person and smiling brighter than the Roberts have seen him in a while.

“Luca, calm down you’re causing a scene,” Mr. Roberts laughed, even though he didn’t care to stop him.

“Let the boy have some fun,” Mrs. Roberts said with a smile as he saw Sparrow waving frantically back at him.

“Luca, you’re huge,” Sparrow said with shock as he walked up to them and went to give Luca a hug. “What happened?”

“You didn’t tell him?” Luca asked looking at the Roberts.

“No we thought you could,” Mrs. Roberts smiled.

“Tell me what?” Sparrow asked as his curiosity was peaked.

“I’m pregnant,” Luca smiled.

“Wow, that’s incredible. You and Davin must be excited,” he smiled.

“Well, you see… Davin’s kind of out of the picture now,” Luca said as he started playing with a loss thread on his shirt.

“Since when?” Sparrow asked looking at Luca sympathetically.

“Since about five, almost six months ago now,” he said trying his hardest not to cry.

“Babe, I’m so sorry,” he said as he reached forward and pulled Luca into the tightest hug he could around his belly. “I’m so so sorry. I wish I could have been there to help you through everything,” he whispered into Luca’s hair before kissing it.

“I wish you were there too,” he said hugging the other boy even closer to himself.

----


After the four of them finished with breakfast, Sparrow when back to Luca’s house with him to help the other boy set up some things in what was soon to be the baby’s room.

“Where do you want the changing table?” he asked Luca as he started marking where to move things once the pale yellow paint he just finished putting on the wall finished drying.

“Over there by the window,” Luca said with a wave of his hand.

“What about the crib?”

“Under the other window,” Luca shrugged.

“What about the dresser?”

“Next to the closet.”

“Toy chest?”

“On the other side of the window.”

“Anything else we need to put in here?”

“Not that I can think of.”

“Alright, now how about we go order a pizza?”

“Only if we can get my half with veggies,” Luca said as he led the way out of the room. “If I’m going to eat unhealthy I need to at least make it a little healthy.”

“Okay, go pick out a movie and I’ll order the pizza,” Sparrow said with a smile before going into the kitchen to get a menu to call the nearest pizza joint.

An hour and a half later, the pizza was almost entirely gone and the movie Luca had picked was coming to a close. Sparrow couldn’t help but smile down at Luca every few minutes. As they were eating, Luca kept getting closer and closer to the older boy until he was leaning against Sparrow’s side, and pulled his arm over his chest. Sparrow tried and tried to think of something else, but it was no use. He couldn’t help but think about how happy, and sexy Luca looked sitting there with his big pregnant belly.

“What?” Luca finally asked as he looked up for the fifth time and caught Sparrow staring at him once again.

“I just can’t get over how adorable you are.”

“I’m far from adorable.”

“That’s where you’re wrong. You’re the most adorable thing I’ve seen in the longest time,” Sparrow smiled.

“Prove it,” Luca muttered trying to be bold.

Without another thought Sparrow bent down and pulled Luca into a kiss. “You love no idea how long I’ve been wanting to do that,” he muttered as he pulled away and pet Luca’s hair out of his face.

“Maybe I do,” Luca smiled; Sparrow never knew it, but Luca knew about his crush since he started dating his brother. At the time he just ignored it and went on with his life because he was happy with Davin, but now, he was starting to realize that maybe he could find his happiness elsewhere. “What do you say we make up for lost time?”

“You read my mind,” Sparrow said with a smile before pulling Luca into his lap and kissing him hard.

As their kissing got more heated, Luca could feel his hormones going crazy. He knew it was way too fast, but he was already hardening in his jeans.

“Maybe we should stop,” Sparrow suggested as he felt Luca’s boner digging into his stomach, causing his own dick to stir.

“Please Sparrow,” Luca begged. “It’s been months, and the baby makes me so horny. Please Sparrow, I know you want it too. I promise this won’t be a simple fuck and run. I just need something.”

“I’m not going to sleep with you, but I’ll help you with your problem,” he said with a slight smile as he reached forward and plunged his hand inside Luca’s pants.

----


The weeks following their make out and hand job on the couch the two boys got closer. Mr. and Mrs. Roberts though that Sparrow was staying there just to help Luca out and make sure he was eating and getting enough sleep. They didn’t know that he was taking Luca out on dates, telling him he was beautiful every chance he could, and cuddling with him at night so he wouldn’t be alone.

It wasn’t until about a month in a half of Sparrow being home that they went further past a simple hand job.

“Sparrow, please; you know I’m not going to run. For god’s sake I told you I love you last night,” Luca said as he grinded down on Sparrow, hoping the guy would just give into what he asked and sleep with him already.

“Luca, are you sure it’s healthy for the baby?”

“Sparrow, remember the doctors said I was okay to stay sexually active until two weeks before the due date. I’m only seven months along. Please baby, I need something more than your hand.”

“You have to promise to tell me to stop if I hurt you,” Sparrow said as he rubbed his hands along Luca’s sides.

“I promise; can we just get the show on the road?”

“Jeez, make me feel so wanted,” he said with a laugh.

“You know I want you baby, but this little guy growing inside of me is making me horny and I need something.”

“Okay, take off your boxers and lay down. I’ll be right back,” Sparrow said before getting off the bed and going into the bathroom to grab some lube. He decided to go without a condom, because really you can’t get someone who’s already pregnant, pregnant. “Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?” he asked as he walked into the room to see Luca, naked on the bed, stretching himself.

“You do, all the time,” he said as he pulled his fingers out of himself.

“Good, because I would hate for you not to know that,” Sparrow said with a smile as he slipped off his own boxers and started crawling over Luca. “Ready for me to make you feel good,” he asked as he rubbed his hands over Luca’s belly making the baby kick, causing them both to smile.

“Please do,” Luca smiled.

Popping open the lube, Sparrow poured a generous amount into his hand a covered his dick before lying back on the bed. “I don’t want to hurt you or the little guy, so you’re going to ride me; okay?”

“Our little guy,” Luca corrected as he climbed onto Sparrow’s lap and started moving over his dick.

“What do you mean?”

“Sparrow, you’ve promised to be here for me and the baby. You’ve been here for me the last month making sure we’re both okay. Even though you didn’t help make him, he’s yours as far as I’m concerned.”

“I fucking love you,” Sparrow said before leaning up and pulling Luca into a kiss.

“And I love you,” Luca said before sinking down onto Sparrow’s dick and moaning out loud at the sensation.

----


The weeks continued moving on smoothly for the boys. Mr. and Mrs. Roberts finally realized they were dating, and supported them 100%. The delivery date came up faster than any of them could ever imagine.

“Baby, please just sit down and relax. All this pacing and stressing out is not good for little Lexy,” he said as he pulled Luca down onto the couch next to him.

“But what if I’m a bad dad? What if I do everything wrong? What if he grows up to hate me?”

“He could never hate you. And you won’t screw up because I won’t let you,” he said before placing a kiss on the side of his head.

“You can’t be so sure. What if he leaves me?”

“There’s only one person who was dumb enough to leave you, and you know what I think it turned out to be the best thing he could have done for either of us.”

“Have you really loved me for all these years? Is that why you never dated anyone else?”

“Of course I loved you baby. You have no idea how much it broke my heart to see you with Davin, but I knew you were happy, so I let it go. But now that my brother screwed up and lost you, I finally get a chance with you, and I promise I will never hurt you, and I will never leave you. Even if you ask me to leave, I’ll never leave you. I’ll always be right there to make sure you’re okay and out little guy is okay. By the way are you sure you want to name him Alexander.

“Yeah, I’m positive,” Luca smiled. “Oh, by the way, I think Alexander is ready to see us,” he said as he suddenly gripped his sides in pain.

----


Three hours and a lot of pain killers later they were wheeling Luca back into the room where he was going to get his c-section.

“You’re going to stay with me all the way through this right?” Luca asked as he squeezed Sparrow’s hand.

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world,” he smiled.

“Luca, thank god, I found you before you went in,” a voice said causing both boys to turn and look to see Davin running down the hall towards them.

“What are you doing here?” Luca asked as they all kept moving down the hall. The nurse pushing Luca’s bed was acting like he wasn’t listening in on them, when they all knew he really was.

“I came to see our baby be born. I’m sorry I was such a dick and left you so suddenly, but I’m back and I’m ready to be there for you and our baby.

“No, Sparrow’s coming with me. He promised he’d be with me all the way, so he’s coming in,” Luca said with a glare.

“If it would make things easier, both of you can come in,” the nurse said hoping to stop an argument.

Before Luca could say anything to stop it Davin was saying what a great idea it was and thanked the nurse.

----


Davin and Sparrow stood glaring across the table at each other all throughout the birth. Sparrow help onto Luca’s hand for moral support, and when it came time for the umbilical cord to be cut, Sparrow made sure he beat Davin to it. Luca did say it was basically his baby after all.

“So what’s the little guys name going to be?” a nurse asked Davin and Sparrow as Luca slept on, thanks to the medication.

“Alexander James; we haven’t decided on the last name yet,” Sparrow smiled.

“Alright, I’ll go fill out his name card then.”

“You know that is my kid. I think I should get some say in his name.” Davin said glaring at his brother.

“You left Luca. You chose not to be in the baby’s life. You told him to move on. So forgive me for being the person he moved on with, but that is our baby. You gave up any rights to it when you left Luca,” Sparrow hissed at his brother.

“Just wait until Luca wakes up, I can assure you he won’t even hesitate about taking me back.”

----


Three days later and Luca, along with little Alexander, was released from the hospital. He finally got to go back to his house. He got to put Alex in his crib for the first time. He got to watch his little boy sleep. He finally had a ring on his finger, and the promise of a marriage in the future. Best of all though was that at the end of the night he got to go to bed and cuddle with the one boy he truly loved, and who loved him back with his whole heart; Sparrow.

Yes, Davin was fighting them for parental rights on Alex, but both boys were positive he was going to get little to no rights to the boy, so they weren’t so scared. After making sure that Alex was officially asleep they both crawled into bed, shared a kiss and an ‘I love you’ before turning out the lights and sleeping for the first time as a family in their house.