Status: Completed

Got a Secret

Can You Keep it?

Got a secret
can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…


Carissa leaned over and whispered her secret in Gina’s ear. Gina’s eyes went wide as the magnitude of what her friend had been hiding dawned on her. She turned to Carissa quickly.
“Carissa, you have to go to the police! Or at least tell someone who can help,” Gina said quickly, fear in her eyes as Carissa’s icy blue eyes flashed dangerously.
“That will not be necessary Gina. Everything is under control,” She said, twirling her long blood red hair. Gina shuddered as she made the reference of color, thinking of the shattering thing Carissa had told her.
“If you don’t tell, I will!” she said boldly, standing. Carissa jumped up, grabbing her friend around the neck and pushing her against a near-by wall.
“You swore on your life,” she hissed into the brunette’s ear dangerously before releasing her. She walked out of the apartment, confident her friend would never tell.

Why do you smile
Like you have told a secret
Now you're telling lies
Cause you're the one to keep it
But no one keeps a secret
No one keeps a secret
Why when we do our darkest deeds
Do we tell?
They burn in our brains
Become a living hell
Cause everyone tells
Everyone tells…


Through the week, Carissa followed Gina, watching her closely. Gina didn’t know she was there, but she felt eyes on her everywhere as she carried the dreadful weight of Carissa’s secret on her shoulders.

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…


Months passed, then a year, and still Gina stayed quiet. The secret burned in her brain her every waking moment, and the feeling of being watched never left her. She felt trapped, like a fox in a den with fire at the mouth. She came so close to telling, but every time she came close, Carissa would contact her and make her remember what she swore.

Look into my eyes
Now you're getting sleepy
Are you hypnotized
By secrets that you're keeping?
I know what you're keeping
I know what you're keeping


Another year passed and Gina stood in front of the police department, the secret on her lips. She began to walk forward when she felt a prick in the back of her arm. Confused, she turned and stared straight into Carissa’s icy blue eyes. A haze began to form over her as she watched Carissa’s lips form into a smirk, before looking back into her eyes and feeling the chill of the cold gaze. Darkness crept into her vision and she fell forward into Carissa’s arms.

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…


Gina woke hours later in her room. She looked around her, confused. Carissa was nowhere to be seen. She saw the cordless phone on her bed side and picked it up, setting it in her lap. She stared at it as a memory went through her mind.

Gina?
Yes, Carissa.
I have something I want to tell you, but
you have to promise to never tell anyone.
I promise.
Do you swear on your life?
I swear on my life.


Gina decided and picked up the phone, dialing 911 slowly as she prepared herself.

You swore you'd never tell…
You swore you'd never tell…


“911, what is your emergency?” a cool female voice said through the phone.

You swore you'd never tell…
You swore you'd never tell…


“I have a secret…” Gina began, gulping and trying to calm the bad feeling in her gut.

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…


“You can tell me, ma’am. We can help,” the woman’s voice said gently.

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…


“My friend Ca-,” She began, but stopped as her door creaked open slowly, revealing Carissa wearing black gloves and holding a butcher’s knife. She dropped the phone and backed up quickly, hitting the head board.
“You swore you’d never tell,” Carissa said in a deadly voice, advancing with the knife.

Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said
Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead…


Gina shook her head back and forth, eyes wide with terror, as Carissa came towards her. She didn’t have time to scream as Carissa lunged at her and slit her throat open. Gina’s hands came to her neck as she gasped for breath, before falling limp at her sides.
Carissa stood and wiped the knife clean with a sterile wipe, cleaning it thoroughly. She frowned, lost in thought. She had only killed Gina because Gina pushed her to. Gina swore on her life, and she broke her promise. Everything she did was easily justified, so she shrugged it off.
Besides, everyone kills their husband at some point, right?

Yes two can keep a secret
If one of us is…. Dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics credit goes to Secret by The Pierces, Carissa, Gina and Storyline belong to me. Hope you enjoyed, and please comment :)