Next to You

The day when I feel useless

She was like something out of a badly written horror film. Her golden blond hair shown her personality, something that she doesn't have. Her bright eyes glared daggers at her boyfriend with that cheesy fake smile that says that she used to get what she wants.

Clare couldn't stand her. The girl remind her of herself before her parents filed a divorce, before, Clare became accepting of other people's opinions and the person people came to be.

Clare bit her lip watching as the girl Becky; rolled her eyes while telling Eli that homosexuality was wrong in the eyes of God and people like Tristan was just confused.

Oh Becky had said that to the wrong person. Eli doesn't care, he believed that there was no god. He just smirked at her and his eyes sparkled when he saw the anger within her eyes.

"Welcome to Degrassi." He spoke before he realized that Clare was waiting right behind Becky.

Becky huffed before she marched to the door, almost bumping into Clare.

Becky looked at Eli.

"This is not over." She stated before leaving, Clare and Eli to themselves.

"What is that about?" Clare asked with a chuckled, as she walked closer to Eli.

His arms folded across his chest.

There was no anger behind his jaded eyes, as he glanced at Clare.

"Oh just got rid of a little bug." Eli replied, hugging Clare. Clare hugged back before the two heard a cough.

Tristan who sat in the background watched the whole showdown between Becky and Eli coughed, just to get their attention.

"Thank you for giving me the part of Juliet, even if you are using me." He joked at the end, even though Eli told him he was using him, Eli saw talent and passion. The people who had tried out for roles seemed to have talent, but they were missing something important. Something, that Becky could not see.

Tristan gathered up his belongings and left.

"Eli." Clare send a glare at Eli who just shrug his shoulders playfully,

"What, blue eyes?" He looked at her with innocent green eyes.

Shortly after they began to date once more Eli called her by her old nickname that he gave for her.

"Don't tell me you're using him?"

"Well yes and no." He answered honestly, and Clare sighed, but nodded her head.

"Oh okay, anyway I just came to say goodbye before going home." Clare said,

Eli smiled.

Clare got to saw them much more these days. He seemed very happy.

He pressed his lips against hers softly, causing a small epp of surprise to escape her pale lips.

Eli pulled away,

"I'll call you tonight." He muttered under his breathe,

.~.

Ever since her mother remarried shortly after the divorce of her father Clare slowly started to dislike her. Her heart hurt each time she saw her mother with another man other than her father, but she grew to get use to it.

Glen wasn't her father and things had gone a little awkward around the house with Jake lately. Since their breakup, it took time to accept the fact that Jake wasn't the right guy for Clare.

Clare opened the door to her house and the first thing she noticed it was silent.

"Mom? I'm home." She called though out the house. No answer, she heard small noises in the kitchen.

She slowly entered the kitchen.

Something sticky, stick to the sole of her shoe. When she picked up her feet she saw red. Red sticky liquid.

The noise stopped.

Clare heart froze with fear as she looked up at the backdoor.

A person dressed in black to head to toe stood there hovering over her mother's limp body with a knife that was stained with her mother's blood.

He stared at Clare for a split second before he cursed under his breathe and advance towards her.

A scream left Clare's lips as she stumbled backward.

Her bag fell from her hips and hit the floor with a loud sound.

"I'm home." Someone called behind her, Jake.

"Get away from me, HELP!" Clare screeched, heavy footsteps rathered though out the house.

"What's wron-" Jake appeared out of breathe, he stared up at the person before Clare and not much long they both frown to the ground.

Jake pinned the guy on the floor before the guy thrown him off of him like a doll.

Clare just stood there. Everything flashed against her eyes. Her mother lifeless on the floor soak with blood. Her step brother fighting for his life against this person.

She felt completely useless.

She wished she could have done something...something to help. But her feet was rooted to the ground in fear.

She was scared.

Jake crashed against the table the second time before he got up with a small limp tackling the person to the ground.

"Clare call for help!" He screamed; before being kicked in his stomach by the attacker. Jake staggered backward, as Clare searched for her cell in her bag.

The moment she touched her cell the front door was knocked down, and the police entered.

Relief, entered her body, the neighbors must have heard the noise.

It took a few police officers to hold back the attacker. Jake sink to the ground, tired, and obviously in pain from the brawl.

Clare had never felt this much shame in herself.

She managed to made her feet move. Her steps was slow, as she reached for her mother's side.

She kneel, and pressed her ear over her mother's chest.

Her heartbeat was faint, but she was still there.

Clare was then pulled aside from a few of the police before they gently, carried her mother off.

"I'm James Dickerson, and I'm afraid I have to ask you some questions." James said, taking out a notepad.

Jake was being treated outside from his injuries. A few police officers helped him out.

"Your neighbors had called the police station about a disturbance. I'm glad we got here in time. First question, what is your name." James asked,

Clare throat became tight as she held her cell phone tight within her hands.

"Clare Edwards."