Status: Active

Cry For Help

Ch 1

I walked along the streets of Phoenix, careful to not trip in my high heels.  Considering it was 1 AM on a Monday, nobody was out at the bar or at the club, I was alone. The wind was blowing so hard I didn't have the chance to brush the hair out of my face. 

I wasn't out here for no reason, I was out here because I had no other place to go.  I didn't pay the rent on my apartment for 2 months,so the landlord decided to evict me.  He also told me that I would have to pay $250 dollars to get the smell of weed out of there,too. If I couldn't afford rent, what made him think I could afford to get the apartment clean? 

Now, before you jump to conclusions, I'm not a druggie and I have never been one.  My roommate was, and she ditched me a long time ago.  I never meant to get caught up with her, I just needed help with rent. 
Ever since John kicked me out a year ago, things have never been the same.  We used to be best friends, but then he  went on tour with his band.  When he came back, he accused me of cheating on him. ( he asked me out when he left for tour..and besides, who can say no to John O'callaghan?)  He hasn't talked to me since.  

When he kicked me out, I gave myself a new start.  I dyed my hair blonde, and let it grow out so it reached the middle of my back.  I got myself an apartment far away from John's house.  5 miles, to be exact.  I didn't miss him though...okay, that was a lie.   

My heels clicked against the pavement as I walked aimlessly downtown.   I pushed my hair back, and pulled down my black pencil skirt.   At least I looked good, I thought.  My job barely paid the bills, but working at the library was actually fun.  

I looked down at my name tag and sighed.  "Elle M. Baker"  the picture below it looked nothing like me. It was taken when my hair was still brown and shoulder length.  That girl looked happy, nothing like what I am now.  

Before I even knew it, someone knocked into me. Great, I thought. Probably some drunk who would try and take me home.  Not tonight, buddy. 

"Sor- wait, Ellie?"  Johns voice suddenly broke the peaceful silence. 
I cringed at how he said my name. He gave me that nickname back in 4th grade, and never called me 'Elle' since.

"It's okay, John." John. That name was linked to bad memories and broken hearts.  Someone who didn't love me anymore. 

Maybe I could make a run for it and never look back.  Yeah, that seemed like a good idea.  He broke the awkward silence again, saying something I hated to hear. 

"Ellie, we need to talk." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I started writing this last night...not sureif I like it, but I wrote about three more chapters. Please comments and subscribe! I know my last two stories were terrible, but can you give this one a chance? It gets better, I promise!

xoxo, Mattie