Status: Active, slowly updating. Sorry for the wait!

So Wrong, It's Right

Restless Nights

I stepped onto the stage behind the podium, with my Les Paul in hand. I started to strum the chords and began thinking about that girl, Claire was it? I've seen that girl a few times around, but I never had the nerve to talk to her. I'm shocked that she just came up to me like that, who does that? Claire had no shame, she was confident. Not only in the way she talked, but the way she way she carried herself, how she acted like she owned the place. It was odd, my mind couldn't comprehend it. As I finished the first song of the set, I took a glance at her. Claire was sitting in the back, while the rest of the group was up front together worshiping. Why was she here if she didn't care? She looked like she didn't really care about anything. She acted like she was some sort of rebel. As if she was better than everyone else. But I liked it, it was an attitude I've never really seen in a person before. I've grown up around nothing but church people, now that I think about it. I was home-schooled and sheltered, you might say. I haven't been around people that seemed like they didn't need anyone else. Or maybe she didn't actually need anyone. Claire's presence was mysterious you could say, but she was still approachable. I couldn't tell if I was intrigued by Claire or not used to someone whose that nonchalant..

Right as I finished my last thought, the whole set was over. The rest of the youth sat down, and I put down my guitar. As I walked out, I looked at her one last time and saw her look back slyly. I couldn't figure out what she was trying to do. I quickly paced out of the youth room and back into the foyer. Everyone was greeting each other, and I usually did but I felt different. I couldn't believe this girl was getting to me. I zoned out until the pastor basically shouted into my ear saying how happy he was to see me here today. I jumped but shook his hand and smiled in return. He went on to welcome other church members and I went to take my seat to prepare for tonight's message. With Claire on my mind, I wasn't ready to sit and listen to someone talk for an hour. I can't fathom this feeling I have. I hope it goes away, I don't think I could handle feeling like this for any longer than a day. The pastor stood up and began preaching away about one of Jesus' disciples or something of another. I wasn't sure, I still couldn't focus.

After the sermon, I jogged out to my car. I climbed in and I began to drive away. My mind was still occupied with Claire, but I was exhausted. It was a good thing that I lived close to the church because I didn't think that I could take much more of being awake. I was done with today, and I was quite overwhelmed with what happened earlier.

I finally arrived home, and slammed the car shut. I unlocked the front door, and plopped on the couch and turned the TV on. After a few minutes of mindless scrolling, there was nothing interesting to watch. Frustrated, I turned on the shower and I enjoyed the soothing hot water rolling down my back, it was nice to relax after such a hectic day.

My day started at eight, when work started. I work at Target, and I stock shelves during the week. My boss told me that I had to stock multiple shelves with heavy furniture and TV's. To say the least, it was a pain in the butt. After work, the youth pastor called to tell me that our set was being switched around and gave me a couple new songs to learn before worship tonight at seven. At that time, it was already five, so I barely had any time. I sat myself down with my guitar and spent an hour and a half learning both of the songs. Once I had them nailed, I packed my guitar in my car and headed to church. That's when Claire approached me. Now that I think about it, she was really pretty. Stunning, even. Now I'm standing in the shower, reviewing my chaotic day. I rinsed off and wrapped my towel around my waist.

I laid down in my bed, and turned on some quiet music. My eyes fluttered shut, but my brain was still awake and wasn't ready for sleep. I was annoyed by this, and opened my eyes. I furrowed my brows together as if this was ridiculous, that I was thinking about some girl I met for literally two minutes. Why was I thinking about some girl I barely knew? She isn't even apart of my life. I have bigger things to worry about like school and my job even church was a bigger priority, not Claire. It could be her personality, which I'm sure that was a big part of it. My heart said it was her attitude that was driving me to feel this, then my brain was saying it was her good looks. It may be both. What if we never talk again? What if she's just messing with me? What would a girl like her want with a guy like me? I kept repeating these questions in my head over and over again, growing more frustrated as hours passed by. I lifted my head and the clock said three in the morning. I groaned and slammed my head back down on the pillow. I closed my eyes again and thought of any possible thing to avoid the idea of her in my head. Everything kept leading back to Claire. Everything. I just couldn't bare the thought of having to wait another week to see her again, but it had to be done.

When I woke up the next morning, tiredness consumed me. I was dead, and I wasn't ready to start my day. I contemplated calling sick into work and eventually did so. I couldn't handle this distress. All over a stupid girl that will probably have no significance in my life.

What's wrong with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. I can't believe it's been this long. Especially since it's only the second chapter that I'm now posting. I hope you guys can bare with me for this bit, cause I'm just now getting this story going. But I know where the story is gonna be and it'll eventually lead to some heavy stuff, if you know what I mean. ;) Haha, anyways, I'll be drafting the third chapter tomorrow, and it should be up either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Again, sorry for the delay. I appreciate feedback. :)

-Samantha