*** Distance, Be Here

Chapter 9

I glare at the tv screen lightly, have I ever mentioned how much I hate the ending to Titanic? Because I really do. That little thing Rose won’t move over! It’s obvious there's enough room, but no she lets Jack freeze to death. Fucking cunt.

I huff getting fed up with the scene. “You guys want anything thing to drink?” I glance over expecting a response but all I got the cutest thing ever. Jayme and Jarrid were curled up on the couch asleep, I swear one of these days they need to get together.

‘At least buy me dinner first c;.’ I chuckle slightly shaking my head, this kid. He is going to be the death of me.

‘If you were here, maybe c; xx’ If he want’s do this thing, I’ll do it back. Wait... what am I talking about? Oh Dakota, you don’t make any sense. I snort at myself, who needs sense? I’m Dakota fucking Layne. Not cocky at all, oh no.

‘Ask a question already, babe. ;p’ My cheeks redden, and my heart stutters stupidly at a stupid simple pet name. God I’m so gay. I don’t even know him and he can say something and I’ll just die on the inside like a schoolgirl with a crush. Pathetic isn’t it?

The last time I remember feeling like this was at the start of secondary school and of course I had to fancy the biggest bellend in the whole bloody school. He was like 2 years older than me and his name was Chad. Chad! What kind of person fancies someone named Chad? Well, me apparently.

Long story short, I ended up with two friends and no boyfriend named Chad.

‘What do you look like? xx’ I bite my lip mulling over whether or not to send it before giving up and saying fuck it. What’s really the worst that could happened? He could be the ugliest person ever and you’d still have to talk to him in order not to be rude.

I mentally scold myself, stop being so shallow. God, it’s about what's on the inside that counts. I need some Sierra Mist. Is that weird? Unlike like the millions of other people in the world coffee or tea don’t calm me down. Nope, only Sierra Mist. There’s another thing to add to the ‘Dakota’s a freak’ list.

The message was receiving along with caption that says, ‘awkward Landon when he had friends! I’ll send an updated one when I’m home, though I assure you, I haven’t changed much at all. c:'

I peak open my eyes at the picture and almost choke on my drink. Holy fucking shit. Had I done something amazing Great Beyond? Cause I’m pretty sure no one this beautiful had even talked to me in my entire life.

I am not shitting you right now.

‘Can I steal you and lock you in my basement because of how freaking cute you are, love? xx’ I bite my lip, no thats too creepy. ‘Absolutely adorable, love. c; xx’ I hit send sighing, yeah thats much better.

My eyes glance over the caption, and my eyebrows furrow. What did he mean?

‘Heh, thank you C: That means a lot.’ I smile. Should I ask him? I mean... It’s really not my business. Well, if didn't want me to ask he wouldn’t of put it there.

‘What did you mean when you said “When you had friends” ? If you don’t mind me asking of course. xx’ Did have not have any? God, that’d break my heart, he seemed so... sweet to not have friends. Even my cocky, arrogant arse had Jarrid and Jayme.

‘No, it’s just I had friends then I came out to them they all disappeared. Apparently they don’t want to hang out with a ‘fag’ like me.’ Fag? Oh! That’s right... Americans are weird. What fucking bellends. I just don’t understand that in people.

‘Stupid twats. They don't understand your greatness that’s it. I’d give you actual advice... but when I try that I just comes out all awkward and shit. Sorry xx.’ It’s true, comforting people is just not my thing. Like the time when Jaymes rabbit died, and I tried to console her... it’s was just dreadful. I ended up saying really crappy jokes to get her to smile.

‘ Haha it’s fine. c: you actually helped a little. ‘ A grin made it’s way over my face.

‘Hell yeah! Score one for Dakota! xx’ Me being the proper twat I am danced around the kitchen. ‘You’re so weird c: I like it. By the way, what do you look like?’

I bite my lip, searching my phone for something decent until I stumble on a recent one of me and Jarrid. I type up the caption, ‘The one with the sexy red hair is my friend Jarrid, then theres me the lanky awkward looking one with black hair. xx’ and press send.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygosh. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know I'm like the most terrible person in the world.

This has taken forever to get out. ._.

But apparently people think it's okay to break into your house and take your things.

I really hope you guys enjoy this. I tried to make it great!

Thanks to you that read! You're amazing. You don't even know.