Status: How should I lead up to the Homecoming dance? If you have any ideas leave them in the comments

Teacher-Student Confidentiality

An Almost Normal Day

Prologue

I guess you could say I live a relatively normal life. Aside from the fact that I go to Notre Dame High School for Girls, which sucks for obvious reasons. The number-one reason would be, of course, that there are no boys. Not exactly my first choice of school. I'm not going to lie. My parents are the 'high class upstanding citizen' type. In other words, they're rich. They raised me to be their perfect little well mannered young lady, putting me on the path to follow right in their footsteps in life. My mother and father, Beatrice and Richard Reynolds, tell me that going to an all girls private prep school will look good on my college applications. It will also keep me out of the trouble that public schools cause for young adults. Illegal drugs, alcohol, and boys. Something they didn't tell me but I know they're thinking is that if I went to public school I would end up getting involved with the wrong kind of people. Not bad people, just not 'high class upstanding citizens' like they were. They want me to grow up around bitchy rich girls so that when I get out of school, I'm already friends with 'the right people'. I'm on the fast track to a wonderful life, or at least that's what my parents tell me. I'm Jacqueline Raelyn Reynolds, otherwise known as Jacie Rae, and this is the story of how my life went from 'perfect', to amazing, scary, and thrilling in a heartbeat.

Chapter One

It was a completely normal day at Notre Dame, or so i had thought. After listening to my 'friends' Maria and Danielle gossip for the ten minutes before the bell rang, I walked ever so slowly to my first hour class, Geometry. Which was a joy to have first thing in the morning. I could barely talk at eight o'clock in the morning, let alone figure out what the hypotenuse of an isosceles triangle was.

I sat down in a desk that was as far to the back of the room as I could get. I looked up at the clock and thought to myself, "Only six hours and fifty-nine minutes to go." Of course it would be another ten minutes before Ms. Kensington would even show up. She was nice enough, not too bad of a teacher, but everyday she was at least five minutes late to class. She'd never admit to it, but every morning she stood in the ally behind the school so she could smoke a few cigarettes before class. The 'Ms.' used to be 'Mrs.', not too long ago. I couldn't say I blamed her for being depressed, her husband cheated on her with a woman about twenty years younger than her. And since Ms. Kensington was over forty, I guess there really wasn't that much hope of her finding a new life partner.

Seven or eight minutes later, Ms. Kensington walked through the door, just like I had predicted. She looked as she had ever since her divorce, a little sloppy, and worn down, like she hadn't slept in weeks. I really did feel bad for her, I hated the school, but all the teachers were pretty nice.

"Okay class, take out your book sand turn them to page four eighty-seven." I did as she said, only to find out we would be learning about trigonometry today. Just the way to start off your morning. I took out my notebook and began to jot down half of what she was saying. At the end of class I ended up with something about tangents and sines, but I knew that when I actually used my notes to study for the test, I wouldn't remember a thing.

Second, third, and fourth hour went by and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. Being the high class school that Notre Dame was, it offered girls everything healthy, and nothing actually enjoyable. The menu consisted of salads, soups, and pasta. Most of the girls chose salad, every once in a while they would chose soup if they were really hungry. The girls who chose pasta regret it later because then everyone would talk about how they were pigs. I went and got my food, then sat down at my usual table. The first thing I hear is Maria and Dannielle once again, gossiping about girls they thought 'didn't belong' at Notre Dame. It was always something with every girl there. They were either too fat, too ugly, too skinny, or too 'fake', as they called it. 'Fake' to Maria and Dannielle was girls who had a mind of their own. The only reason I was allowed into their group was because they thought I was better looking than any of their other choices for the third member of their little world they lived in. I doubt they even liked me at all.

"Hi Jacie." Maria said. "We were just talking about Anna's outfit she's wearing today. I don't even know why she bothered to get out of her pajamas." I didn't say anything back. I tried to stay out of their conversations about that stuff as much as possible. Maria thought she all that and more because she was one of the richer and more beautiful girls here. She had brown hair and blue eyes. She was pretty much the warden of our prison known as Notre Dame. She knew it, and so did everyone else. Anyone who had the courage to stand up to Maria, regret it immediately because Maria made their life a living hell up until someone else made her angry, then she just moved on to the next one. This was kind of a never-ending cycle with Maria.

Dannielle was Maria's puppet, her right hand man, her little puppy that followed her everywhere and did whatever Maria told her to do. She was slightly less rich than Maria, but just as beautiful. Blonde hair, Brown eyes, and a cute face. Maria knew Dannielle was just as pretty as her which is why she kept Dannielle close, and under control. Maria had to make sure Dannielle didn't rise above her and become the new queen of Notre Dame. This is exactly what Dannielle was trying to accomplish everyday. This year we were in tenth grade, and this was her Dannielle's second year of attempting to knock Maria out for the spotlight so she could have it for herself. Yep, our little group of 'friends', weren't actually friends. Our clique was a big ball of lies and secrets. We all played pretend like we were best friends forever though. it was just the way it had always been.

"So I snuck out last night to meet this guy." Maria said with a snide little smile on her face, "His name is Jason, and he's H-A-W-T, hot. He's nineteen and in college. He goes to Harvard."

"Maria, college guys are all the same. Scamming on high school girls, using them, then dumping them leaving them heart broken." Danielle said. She was always looking for any way to tear down Maria's popularity, and if Maria started going out with a guy in college, her status would only go up. Maria was about to say something back when the bell rang. I got up right away and started down the hall to fifth hour English.

I walked into class and was about to sit down when I seen him. HIM. As in a guy. A new student? I didn't know. But he was indescribably gorgeous. I froze for a minute when I watched as he sat down at the teacher's desk. I knew we were going to get a new English teacher, but him? He was so young looking. This was a huge disappointment.

After everyone settled down and was seated, he introduced himself. "Hi, my name is Mr. Jameson. I'm your new English teacher, as you may have guessed." He said with the most charming smile on his face. "Today I would like to get to know you, and then you can get to know me. I'm not very good with names so I'm just going to have you tell me your name right from the start." He started at the left side of the classroom, going down each row. I was so mesmerized by him that I was startled when he got to me. "Jacie." I said, almost stuttered. He smiled at me for a split second, then continued down the row until he was finished.

"Okay, now it's time for you to get to know me. Raise your hand and ask me any question you like." He said.
A girl named Teresa raised her hand. Mr. Jameson pointed to her. "Yes, Terry I think it was?"
"Teresa." She said, then continued to ask her question. "How old are you?"
"I am twenty-two." He said.
"Really? You look like you're seventeen or eighteen." She said.
He laughed a little under his breath. "I'll take that as a compliment."
"It was meant to be." She said with a flirty tone in her voice that was almost unrecognizable but you could still tell it was there. It seemed like it made him feel uncomfortable.

Another girl raised her hand. "What's your first name?" She asked.
"Um, Milo." He said. "I don't really like my first name that much."
"Why? it's cute." She said. I could tell that Milo, I mean Mr. Jameson was getting more uncomfortable.
"Okay, that's enough questions for now." He said as politely as he could. "Let's move on to what we will be reading for the next few weeks." The class anxiously waited to hear what the book would be. He pulled out a thicker than normal novel, "Romeo and Juliet." He said. Half the girls in the class got excited, and the other half moaned, as if to say, "Are you kidding?".

For the rest of the class we listened to Mr. Jameson talk about how much he loved this book, and how it was written by Shakespeare, one of the greatest writers of all time, and so on. When the bell rang everyone was nice enough to say goodbye personally to our new teacher. I stayed after class for a minute.

"Um, Mr. Jameson?" I said.
"Hi Jacie. How can I help you?" He asked.
"I had a question earlier, but I never got to ask it."
"Alright, ask away." He said with that wonderful smile on his face.
"Well, you see, when I grow up, I was thinking about becoming a writer. I was just wondering, what made you want to become an English teacher?" I asked.
"Hmm, well I'd have to say it was because i wanted to help young people like you. I wanted to be apart of teaching the next generation of authors and poets." He said.
"Really? Because I write a lot already, would you be willing to read some of my stuff and tell me what you think?" I asked.
"Sure, I'd love to." He said. But I barely heard him, I couldn't concentrate when that smile was just a few feet from me.
I didn't say anything for a minute. "Jacie?" He asked while I was still off in la la land.
"Oh, sorry, thanks so much, I'll bring in something tomorrow." I said while stumbling out of the room.
"Anytime." I heard him say all happy and cheery sounding.

My last two classes of the day went by extremely slow. Probably because I was thinking about how I had to write something tonight and make it sound somewhat good. Okay, so I lied. I've never written anything worth reading in my life. I just wanted a reason to stand out, and make him like me. Just as a student? A friend? More than a friend? I didn't know what I was thinking. He's a teacher, I couldn't possibly have anything to do with him. Plus he's twenty-two, it's not like my parents would be into that idea. Even though I was arguing with myself about all these things for the rest of the school day, and I knew Mr. Jameson and I could never be a thing, I wanted us to, more than anything I'd ever wanted before in my life.

When I got home, I went straight up to my room and shut the door. I got out a pencil and paper, and started thinking. After about ten minutes, I had not one idea. I went downstairs to get something to drink, and found my mom in the kitchen.
"Hey Mom?" I asked.
"Yes Jacqueline?"
"We have to write a poem about love and tragedy for English." I lied. "We are about to start reading 'Romeo and Juliet'."
"Okay that sounds fun." She said.
"Well, um, not really. I've got writers block and I cant think of how I should go about doing the assignment. You're so good at that stuff, and I'm terrible at it so, would you mind writing it for me?" I asked in my best little-girl-please-help-me voice.
"Oh alright." She said. Most parents would have said no, you need to do your own homework, but my mom was so concerned about me doing well in school, I knew I could get her to do my homework whenever I wanted.

I went to bed that night thinking about him. How much I wished he were younger, or I was older. About how it was never going to happen, but I wanted it to happen so badly. I kept thinking about those things until I fell asleep.