Status: How should I lead up to the Homecoming dance? If you have any ideas leave them in the comments

Teacher-Student Confidentiality

A Secret In Cyberspace

I sat there staring at my computer screen. Should I add him? Should I not add him? I didn't think there was any rule that said teachers couldn't be friends with students on facebook. I mean, it could be, if nothing else, a way of making sure I was doing my homework right, or I could send it to him ahead of time and have him check it before I turned it in the next day. I'll add him, I mean, the worst that could happen is that he would ignore the request, right? I clicked, and waited.

I woke up the next morning, on top of my laptop. I refreshed the page, he hadn't responded to my friend request yet. A deep feeling of disappointment came over me. I shut my laptop, and went to go take a shower. It was the weekend, somehow, I was going to find a way to have fun. Unfortunately, Maria and Danielle were my only so called friends, so fun meant hanging by myself.

I went downstairs and opened my fridge to see if there was anything that was worth eating. My mom was one of those women who acted like carbs were poison. The only thing in the fridge was some lettuce, milk, eggs, and cheese. I really didn't feel like making eggs so I decided on stopping somewhere for breakfast along the way to wherever I was going today. I got out a piece of paper, and left my mom a note. It said 'Mom, went out with Maria and Danielle. Be back this afternoon. Jacie'.

I walked out to my car, and I started driving. I had no idea where I was going, but I cranked the speakers up as far as it would go. I was listening to Eminem.

I drove until I saw the mall, I figured I wasn't going to find anything better to do, so I pulled into the parking lot. I grabbed my bag, locked my car and headed into the food court. I was about to get breakfast when I seen Mr. Jameson. Seriously? I mean what are the odds? His girlfriend was with him. In all honestly, she wasn't that good looking, she wasn't ugly, but Mr. Jameson could do better. From the looks of things they were having an argument. I couldn't hear what they were saying over the roar of the mall, but I seen both of them get pretty angry, then the girl stormed off. After she left, Mr. Jameson looked really stressed. He just kind of stood there for a moment staring off into space, then he started walking my way. I tried to hide behind the water fountain, but I failed, making me look like a total idiot.
"Jacie? Is that you?" Mr. Jameson asked.
"Hi," I said with the best fake smile I could. "I was just looking for my um, contact lens, yeah clumsy me, I lose everything." I said fake laughing trying to make it seem like I wasn't hiding. And apparently Mr. Jameson was the most gullible person on earth because he bought it.
"Oh, here, let me help you look." He got down on his knees and started looking for the non-existent contact lens.
"I found it!" I said, then pretended to put something in my bag. "Thanks so much for helping though."
He got up, "Anytime, glad you found it." He said with that out-of-this-world smile of his. He was about to leave.
"Mr. Jameson?" I said stopping him.
"We aren't in school, you can call me Milo if you want, when people call me Mr. Jameson it makes me feel old." He laughed.
"Milo." I said smiling. "I couldn't help but notice, you were fighting with someone earlier. I mean, it's really none of my business I'm just curious, what was that about? You look kind of stressed." I said.
"Well I'm not going to lie. That was my girlfriend. Well, ex-girlfriend now. We were having a fight, and she broke up with me." He said.
"Aw, I'm sorry." I said.
"Don't be." He said. "If she hadn't ended it, I would have. She was overly controlling and got mad at me over anything, everything, and nothing." He said.
"Oh, well instead of sorry should I be saying congratulations then?" I asked.
He laughed. "I guess so." He said. "Well I have to go do teacher stuff. It doesn't seem like that long ago I was your age, enjoy it while you can." He said with a nostalgic smile, and then waved goodbye. I waved back, I know helping me look for a contact lens that wasn't real probably didn't mean much to him, but it made me feel good. Just talking to him, and being near him made me feel good.

I spent the rest of the day going back and forth between Spencers, Hot Topic, and Vanity. I bought a pair of skinny jeans, and a new t-shirt. I looked at the time, it was almost five. I had better get home, I told my mom I'd be home this afternoon, if it got any later than five o'clock she called it 'night'. I put my bags in the back seat and drove home.

I walked in the front door of the house, and my mom was making a garden salad for dinner. "Yum." I thought sarcastically to myself.
"How was your day?" She asked.
"Good." I said. then I just realized I made a mistake because I never say my day was good.
"Oh, well why was it good?" She asked.
"Um, I got a new pair of jeans, and I really like them." I replied. She looked at me a little weird.
"Okay." She said.
I went upstairs and hung up my new clothes. Then sat on my bed and opened my laptop. I wasn't prepared for what I saw. 'Milo Jameson has accepted your friend request', it in my notifications. I clicked on his profile, and scrolled down to his 'about me' section.

Milo Jameson
Hometown: New York City, NY
Currently lives in: Chicago, IL
Relationship Status: Single
About Me: I'm a nice enough guy, I'm a dog person, and reading and writing are my passions. I also love all types of music, and I am a generally happy person.

Seeing his relationship status say single made me happy. Then I looked down at my chat, he was online. Not knowing if I should say anything or not, I just hoped for the best.

Jacie Rae: Hey
Milo: Hi thanks for making me laugh today I needed it
Jacie Rae: No problem (:
Milo: Is Jacie Rae your real name? I like it
Jacie Rae: Thanks, but my full name is Jacqueline Raelyn :(
Milo: Why are you sad about that I still like it its unique
Jacie Rae: Thanks
Milo: You're a unique person why shouldn't you have a unique name?
Jacie Rae: You think I'm unique?
Milo: I think everyone is unique in one way or another, and some more than others.
Jacie Rae: Well what is unique about me?
Milo: Well, I know you stand out from all the other girls I teach everyday, I hear their conversations, all they do is make fun of other girls. I've never heard you do that.
Jacie Rae: Oh.. well thanks, I just think its kind of pointless to talk about other people like that, I have better things to do with my time.
Milo: Well that's good. I have to go. See you in class tomorrow Jacqueline.
Jacie Rae: Just Jacie!!
Milo: lol
Jacie Rae: Please don't tell anyone at school my full name
Milo: You have my word. it'll be our secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
things are getting interesting(;