Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Thirteen

We'd been in the park for a good hour or so. No one had called so we felt no need to leave. We were currently on the swings which Kellin had pestered two young girls for. They were leaving anyway so happily gave them up.

'Do you have much of your article written?' Kellin asked as he gently pushed himself back and forth on the swing.

'Not really. I've typed all of my notes and put them into some kind of an order, but nothing quite readable yet.' I followed his motion, swinging my legs a little to move on the swing.

'Tsk tsk, Darcy. You're here to do a job, not have fun.' He scorned, wagging a finger.

'I know. There's just too much fun to be had and too much homesickness to concentrate properly.' I shrugged.

'You know I'm only joking Darcy. I'm glad you aren't stuck in the bus writing all day everyday. You need some time off from day to day tasks. Time to just let your hair down and relax, not having to think about anything or worry about small things. Its why a park is such a good place to be when you feel the weight of the world is on top of you.' Kellin never seemed down, but who knew how he was feeling inside, I'd never asked because he always looked genuinely happy.

'Do you go to parks often?' I decided to ask, hoping I wasn't going to dull the mood.

'I used to be at them constantly a few years back. I was at a really crappy time in my life. I couldn't even think about my music properly. We'd just started out as a band and because I couldn't sort my head out, I felt like I was letting everyone down.' He said it with a lump in his throat which made me feel instantly bad for bringing it up.

'You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. There's no pressure here.' I told him, stopping my swing from moving.

'Nah I don't mind. Past is the past, I'm OK to talk about it now.' He told me, still swinging lightly. 'A girl I used to hang out with, she totally hooked me. She was fun and dangerous and wanted to do anything and everything. Being so eager to please I'd do anything she said. We started dating, lasted three years...but then I found out from a mutual friend that she was cheating...with him.' Kellin paused for a moment and looked to his left, he inhaled a little.

'Kellin, are you sure you're OK talking about this? It doesn't matter how long its been, I know it probably still hurts.' I explained to him.

'I'm fine, Darcy.' he smiled, then continued his story.

'Well, its safe to say we are no longer friends. As for the girl, well she tried to tell me it meant nothing and begged me to forgive her. When I refused, she told me I never meant a thing to her, she always knew she would find someone better and that she was just stringing me along because she was bored and wanted something to do.' The pain on Kellin's face was clear, he was still hurt by this girl and what she did to him.

'Well she was stupid and I hope she realises what she gave up.' I was being honest in what I was saying. Kellin was amazing, to let him go would be foolish.

'Well she's now a single mother of his child and he wants nothing to do with her, so that makes me pretty happy.' Kellin beamed.

'Karma gets you back at some point.' I tried to smile as I said it, but I couldn't help but feel I was going to get a whole lot back myself.

'Hey, are you Kellin Quinn?' I heard a girl practically screech, snapping us out of our own little bubble of conversation.

'Sure am. How you doing?' He asked as her and her friends giggled, stepping closer.

'I'm good.' She said quickly, trying to hold in her excitement. 'Can you sign this?' She asked, pulling out a small notebook and pen.

'Yeah, no problem.' He smiled and took the notebook and pen from her. He scribbled down his name with a little smiley face and handed it back.

'Thank you.' She grinned, holding the notebook close to her chest so no one could take it from her.

'Can I ask a question?' One of her friends asked, clearly a little less starstruck and more confident.

'Shoot.' Kellin smiled, rocking back and forth on his swing.

'Is she your girlfriend?' She asked, crossing her arms and staring at me.

'Kim, that's none of your business.' Her friend shushed her.

I didn't know where she plucked the courage from to ask such a question. I'd have chickened out of even standing next to him.

'What do you think?' He questioned her, a smile on his face.

'I think she is.' The girl shot back, her eyes, boring into me. I knew you could get some crazy obsessed fans, I just hoped she wasn't about to attack me.

'And why do you think she is?' Kellin then asked her. His smile not faltering.

'Because she's pretty, and you look close and its just the two of you.' She stated.

'Well I'll keep you hanging.' Kellin told her, grinning at how annoyed the girl looked.

'Lets go.' Her friend whispered. 'Thank you Kellin.' She then said giving him a wave.

'Wow, that was pretty awkward.' I laughed nervously. Kellin picked up speed on his swing.

'Why? It was just a question. You are pretty and we are close and it is just the two of us. Its natural to think that. I don't mind if people assume. Do you?' Kellin asked, getting higher on his swing.

I wanted to say I did mind because I didn't want to lead him on and I didn't want to hurt him...but I couldn't. 'I don't mind either.' I told him, putting on my best fake smile. 'Can I ask a question about the conversation we just had?' I asked him, watching him swing quickly back and forth beside me.

'Of course.' He said, the wind getting caught a little in his throat.

'How did you pull yourself around from what she did?' As much as I didn't want it to happen to him again with me, I at least wanted to know how he could get over me.

'Well it took a while but I just kept telling myself I didn't need her and that she wasn't worth having if that's the way she treat people. I surrounded myself with my friends, focused only on my music and writing and soon enough, was back to being me. I do still fear it could happen again but what's life without fear?' He said it as though he was confident it wouldn't hurt as much, but I knew it would so I had to prevent it.

Kellin's phone started ringing so he stopped his swing and pulled it out of his pocket.

'Hello...yes mom, on our way.' Kellin said down the phone.

'Ella?' I questioned, smirking.

'Who else?' He laughed, standing from his swing. He held out his hand for me and pulled me up off the swing and led me out of the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised...twenty five minutes late =]
Hope you liked.