Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Sixteen

I made sure to take note of my surroundings while I'd been on my walk. I didn't want to end up lost and having to call someone to bring me back. I didn't want anyone knowing I'd been on a lonely walk, they'd only ask where I'd been and why.

I had been sat on a bench for about twenty minutes, just people watching, mainly. Lola and I always did it back home when there was little else to do. We'd sit in a busy spot and we'd each pick out a person, we'd give them a name, a job and life story, other times we'd just sit and watch, wondering what they were doing and where they were going.

At this moment I was watching a young girl, she was no older than seventeen. She had been constantly checking her phone, pacing back and forth and looking more upset as the minutes went by. I could only assume she thought she was being stood up. She had a nice floral, knee length dress on which she teamed with a pair of pink ballet pumps. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail and ringlets fell down, just past her shoulders. After another ten minutes of checking her watch a relived look came across her face and she smiled.

A boy, roughly about the same age ran over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, picking her up off the floor and spinning her around. He set her down and kissed her cheek, apologising over and over for being late. I don't think the girl cared at all. He was there, in front of her and he hadn't stood her up, her night had been made.

I on the other hand couldn't even crack a smile. Yes my heart was all warm and fuzzy for the young couple, but my outer shell was frozen. I had never felt so crappy in a long time.

Just as I was about to move out of my seat my phone started ringing in my bag. The sound of Sleeping With Sirens, With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear started playing out. I'd favoured that song and immediately put it as my ringtone.

I rummaged around for a minute or two and finally found it, sat right at the bottom, flashing away, Rob's name hitting me like a tonne of bricks.

I hesitated on answering it but couldn't handle an argument when I finally decided to speak to him so slid my thumb along the screen and answered.

'Hello.' I said in the cheeriest voice I could muster. 'How have you been?' I chipped in, not letting him even say hello.

'Why have you got Lola to keep check on me?' He yelled down the phone. 'I don't need her on my back constantly. If you don't trust me that's your issue, don't drag your friends into it.' I hated Rob when he was having one of his moments, but after six years, I was used to them. We were like a fully fledged old couple.

'Excuse me, but I didn't ask Lola to do anything. Maybe she's just being a good friend because she doesn't trust you, don't start throwing your weight around at me, Rob.' I yelled back, not in any mood to speak to him.

'Well tell her to back off or I wont be responsible for my actions if she comes too close.' Rob threatened. He and Lola didn't get along, they never had. He was so caring and affectionate towards me at first, its why I'd fallen for him but I'm pretty sure he only acted that way to get at Lola, but soon enough it turned real and we were together.

'If you lay a finger on her, I swear I'll break them all off.' I warned. It sucked being so far away from her at this point.

'Then tell her!' He snapped. 'Where are you anyway, what are you doing?' He asked, his voice returning to normal as if we'd not just yelled at each other. It was something else I hated about Rob, how he was just able to brush things off so easily.

'I'm alone, sitting on a bench in Ohio, people watching.' I told him, not much enthusiasm in my tone.

'Are you just a little bit stupid? Sitting by yourself in a place you don't know that well, just staring at people. Real smart of you Darcy, good move.' Rob was just irritating me now, he was only going to get angrier because he couldn't control the situation.

'Rob, I'm going to put the phone down now and I'm going to go back to the venue, watch a gig and go get drunk. When and if I speak to you again, I hope you're a little happier.' I knew that would piss him off and I couldn't help but feel wonderful inside.

'Darcy, if you hang this phone up I swear to Go-' I slid my thumb across the screen, ending the call. I didn't want to listen to his threat. I'd heard so many before and he never followed through with them. I was used to the verbal abuse he threw my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another like I said. Just a short filler to introduce Rob a little. Hope you liked.
Again, cheers on the comments etc, ends my night on a high =]