Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Twenty One

'I'm so sorry.' I said into the toilet but aiming it at Kellin. At least he was going to be repelled from wanting to try and kiss me again, it was the only bonus of my current situation.

'Don't worry about it. We've all been like this at one point.' He replied. He was currently sat on the floor of the small bathroom behind me, softly rubbing my back.

'But I don't want to spoil your night by having you listen to me throw up my insides.' Again I made an awful retching sound.

'I'm being serious when I say this, I'd rather be in your company right now, comforting you while you're ill, than sit and be persuaded to drink some more.' I smiled at what he said and pulled myself away from the toilet.

'Thank you.' I told him. I'm going to go lay down now. I think everything that was in my stomach has now gone.' I told Kellin and he stood up, outstretching his hand for me to hold onto. He helped me up off the floor, allowing me to walk ahead of him to my bunk.

I lay down on my bed and curled into the foetal position, feeling absolutely worn out from everything that had happened. 'Can you stay? Just for a little while longer?' I asked Kellin as he stood over me.

'You bet I will. I'm gonna get more rest in here than on the other bus.' He smiled and took a seat on Ella's bunk facing me. 'Close your eyes and go to sleep, I wont go anywhere, I promise.' Kellin said, leaning forward and brushing my hair out of my face.

'I cant, not when you're staring at me.' I blushed ever so slightly. 'Will you lay down too? Just so I feel more comfortable that you aren't going anywhere just yet.' I knew what I was saying was wrong of me, but it was just what I needed. I didn't want Kellin to have to be right beside me, but knowing he was less than a foot from me, was comforting enough.

'I wouldn't do that, I'm not that kind of guy, Darcy. Comfort a chick when she'd puking and bail out when she's passing out? Nah, not me.' I smirked at his words and he lay down on Ella's bunk and held out his hand into the short distance between us. I paused for a moment, not knowing whether to take it or keep it by my side.

In a battle of the head and heart, my heart won and I took Kellin's hand, allowing him to hold it there, stroking his thumb over mine, helping me focus on nothing but that and taking my mind off how ill I was feeling. I wanted to talk to Ella as soon as I could, I wanted a mothers perspective on what I was doing, I needed advice I never got from my own mother, I needed her to shove me into the right direction.

'Goodnight, Darcy.' Kellin said, smiling over at me.

'Night, Kellin.' I replied and closed my eyes, sleep taking over in a matter of seconds.

***

'Well, aren't you two just the sweetest things.' I heard Justin call out, waking me up from a very comfortable sleep. I only realised after a few moments that I was still holding onto Kellin's hand and he was sound asleep in Ella's bunk. I dropped my hand from his and sat up, rubbing my hands over my face to wake myself up. I could see daylight coming in from the open bus door, it didn't even seem like two minutes ago I'd fallen asleep.

Justin came bounding over to the bunks and sat on Kellin's side, jumping up and down and prodded his face.
'Justin, you suck. I'm tired!' Kellin groaned from underneath him. He sat up and pushed Justin away, causing him to fall into me.

'So, love birds, how are we this morning?' Justin asked, taking a seat beside me. I was surprised at how alive and awake he was.

I glanced over at Kellin, not knowing what to say. I didn't want to offend him by shooting down Justin's comment, but I also didn't want him to believe we had developed into anything.
'I'm great, sleep helped, I'm gonna head on outside.' I quickly stated, rushing out of the bus so I didn't have to sit under an awkward gaze, it was the last thing I wanted for a morning conversation.

Kellin's P.O.V

'Did I say something wrong?' Justin asked, looking at the trail of dust Darcy had just left behind. I had to admit, she left pretty quick after what Justin had said, it hurt a little to say the least.

'I don't know. She's just...man I don't even know. She was the same yesterday when we were talking outside. I said one thing and she wanted to dart inside. I'm trying so hard and I'm getting nowhere.' I sulked a little, not knowing what else to do or say.

'Maybe she just doesn't want to get sucked into anything. I mean, she's leaving in four months, she more than likely wont see us again because of how different our lives are and where we live. Maybe she's trying to prevent the both of you being hurt.' Justin told me, making complete sense. I just didn't want to believe I wouldn't see her again.

'I know, I just...I'd try and make it work. I've honestly never felt like this about anyone, not even Kelsey.' As hurt as I was by what Kelsey had said to me, I never felt the way I did about her like I did for Darcy. With Kelsey I was attracted to her danger and willingness to do anything, with Darcy, there was so much more. At first, yes I fell for her looks, but as I got to know her, the more I found myself drawn in to her.

Her smile, her accent, her wit, her ability to push all of her shyness aside to talk to a bunch of people she didn't even know. She was brave and took in everything we threw at her, she was polite and friendly and she cared for everyone around her. The way she spoke about Lola and how much she missed her made my heart break, all I wanted to do was make her happy and it seemed to work...most days.

'Kellin, you either need to tell her straight out or you need to let it go. We all know what happened last time-' Justin started but I cut him off.

'I wont go back to the way I was, I wont let that happen. If nothing happens between me and Darcy...maybe it just wasn't meant to be, but it doesn't mean I wont try.' And with that I got up and walked out of the bus, Justin following close behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little insight into Kellin's mind.
Also, thank you for the comments, they seriously made my day. I read them while I was at work and they totally brightened up my mood. A few made me chuckle.
Thank you to my new subscribers and such also, means a lot.
Hope you lot liked.