Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Twenty Five

'Darcy, please come to the store with me?' I heard Gabe call from the door of his tour bus. 'I need some laxatives and I'm too ashamed to buy them, you need to do it for me.' I laughed at his statement. We hadn't done much since we'd arrived at the venue. We were all just lazing about on the grass, talking, laughing and generally having a nice time, but Gabe was cooped away on the bus with his problem.

'You're too ashamed to buy them from a store you never have to go into again, but you're not too ashamed to shout it to everyone here?' I questioned, pushing myself up from the grass.

'I don't care about any of these dweebs knowing, but I do care if it's a nice looking lady standing behind the counter laughing at me because I cant go take a poo.' Gabe replied, jumping down from the last step of the bus.

'But what if its a nice looking boy and he laughs at me because he thinks I cant go take a poo?' I questioned, putting my hands on my hips.

'Then you just have to get Kellin to beat his ass for you.' Gabe grinned. My stomach knotted a little and I turned to look at Kellin. I'd been keeping Kellin at arms length as we sat outside. The less we could be physical, the easier it was to just be friends.

'Just let me know if he even smirks, I'll pulverise him.' Kellin said, bashing his hand into the other. I laughed nervously at his statement and walked over to Gabe so we could go to the store.

***

It didn't take too long to get to the store, it took longer for Gabe and I to pick some laxatives that he wouldn't mind swallowing.

'What about the laxative chocolate? Will that not be OK?' I asked. Gabe picked them up and examined the packet.

'Nah, I want to be able to enjoy chocolate knowing its not going to take on my bowel. I just want pills.' Gabe replied, sounding like a crazy addict who was about to relapse. We settled on some awful green looking ones and of course, I was made to pay for them. The lady behind the counter was pretty old so she didn't even crack a smile, but Gabe still wouldn't hand them over. I was fine doing it, I was going back to Newcastle in four months and staying in Illinois for another day or so, she could mock me all she liked.

We stopped at a stand on the way back to pick up a slush to cool us down from the sun that was out. Gabe swallowed down a pill with it, hoping they would work a little quicker.

It was silent for a while until Gabe decided to speak. 'Kellin likes you, you know.' The words made me choke on the slush that was running down my throat at that very moment.

'H-He does?' I asked, coughing a little, trying to play dumb.

'Yup,' Gabe said, taking a sip. 'As cliché as it sounds, from the moment you stepped onto the bus he was totally hooked. Didn't stop talking about you, I don't know what it is, you're totally different from the girls of his past, maybe that's why he's so in lo-' I cut Gabe off as he was about to say that darned word.

'Please don't use that L word, please. I'm sure he's not, it hasn't even been three months.' I didn't mean to sound as harsh as I did.

'Well, maybe he's not in love, but his feelings are pretty strong. I just thought I'd make you aware...just so you can explain anything you need to to him before he gets hurt.' Gabe glanced down at the red beaded bracelet I was wearing that had a star and an R hanging from it.

'How-' I stopped for a moment. 'Have you known all of this time?' I asked Gabe, mixing my slush so it turned a dark purple colour. I'd never even took a second thought about my bracelet. No one ever asked why I had it on everyday, even I forgot it was there, but clearly Gabe had put pieces together.

'Well, I'm no detective, Darcy, but when someone wears a certain piece of jewellery everyday with the initial of someone she's not spoken about, your mind starts to wonder. I don't know who this R is, but I can guess its a he, and he's pretty important to you.' Gabe stated, taking another sip of his red and blue slush.

'I didn't mean to lead him on in any way and I didn't mean to keep anything a secret, its just, well, no one asked so I didn't bother saying anything.' I felt sick and my gut twisted around. I didn't want to tell him I'd told Ella and Annabell. I didn't want Gabe to hate me.

'I don't blame you Darcy, I'd just like for you to talk to Kellin. Try bring it up in conversation and try let him down gently, please, for everyone's sake, I don't want him getting fucked over like last time.' I didn't even ask Gabe what happened to Kellin because Kellin had already told me that day we were in the park. No one deserved that, especially not twice.

The rest of the walk back was pretty much silent. I couldn't think about anything but the conversation I was going to have to have with Kellin. When Ella had told me he had feelings for me, I wanted to dismiss it, it was just Ella, maybe he hadn't really told her and her motherly instincts had just picked up on something, but with Gabe confirming it, I knew I had to say something. Things were going to get too far for me to put right, I hated myself for not bringing up my home life sooner.

I didn't like shoving my personal business in anyone's face though, so I kept to myself. Indeed I had only spoken to Rob a few times and the conversations had only lasted five minutes...if that, and yes he'd only replied to two of my texts I'd sent since I'd been away but I didn't inform anyone of that because it didn't concern them. Bar Lola, Rob was all I had and I didn't want to give him up for anyone, no matter how crappy he sometimes treat me.

'Hey, where's our slush?' I heard Jack cry as we neared the venue. He had stopped his game of swing-ball with Jesse to stand and point at Gabe and I.

'Whoa, now you cant just roll up here slush-less for everyone but yourselves, that's not exactly fair.' Justin then stated, standing in front of us.

'You can have what's left of mine if you like, I'm not feeling too great.' I told him, handing it towards his crossed arms. He happily took it and skipped away, I left the spot where I was stood and heard Jack then pick a fight with Gabe over his slush which he was never giving up.

'You OK, Darcy?' I heard Kellin ask. He was still sat on the grass where I'd left him earlier.

'Yeah...well not really. I'm not too sure.' I stated, scratching my head. Kellin stood up and walked towards me.

'Do you think you've had too much sun? Do you feel sick?' He asked, looking slightly worried about me.

'I feel sick, but I don't think its with the sun. I just need to sit down.' I started my way towards the bus I was currently living in. 'I wouldn't mind some company though.' I felt guilty telling him that, I was hoping what Gabe said was untrue, but these guys were so close knit I doubt they'd lie about it to one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was meant to bring the bracelet into the story sooner....but totally forgot. It has always been there in my mind, I just suck a little and forgot to add it in.
I will update again later on tonight also.
Thank you for the comments and such =]