Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Twenty Nine

'Do you all think its my fault?' I asked, trying not to sound to pitiful. Jesse cocked his head and pulled a face, only just realising how much his comment effected me.

'No, don't be silly, Darcy. I didn't mean anything bad by it. I'm just simply saying that I've saw how hard Kellin has fallen for you and obviously because of recent information, he's cut up about it, I'd hate to be like that. You're clearly pretty special.' Jesse explained.

'I'm nothing special, Jesse. I know that much.' I mumbled, staring at the floor as we walked.

'That's not what we think. We've only known you almost three months now and you're part of our family. As much as you may not want to be involved with a bunch of crazy mofo's like us, you are and there's no getting out of that.' Jesse was never this sincere and serious with me, I couldn't help but believe him.

'How do I fix things? I want to talk to him but we cant even be in the same room together. He wont look at me so there's not a chance he's going to talk to me.' I was desperate to talk to Kellin, Jesse being his best friend, I was hoping he'd know what I had to do.

'Honestly, Darcy, you just need to lock him in a room somewhere. He doesn't hate you and he doesn't not want to speak to you, he's just upset and this is what he does. If you want to talk, you have to be assertive. I don't know the outcome of the conversation, but I just know you need to take charge to have one.' Jesse was being more supportive than I thought he would be, I was grateful for that.

'I'll work on it. It's killing me not being able to explain myself.' I mumbled on, probably boring Jesse with my problems. 'What are we going to the store for anyway?' I asked, trying to change the topic.

Jesse seemed to be thankful of this and chirped up a little. 'Cigarettes, I'm all out. A man needs his fix.' He said it with a crazed look in his eye.

'Well, you don't, you just think you do. You should quit, be so much better for you.' I knew people never listened to the stop smoking talks because it is easier said than done, but I liked to give them anyway.

'I don't think that's possible, I'd punch an old lady in the face for smiling if someone took away my nicotine. Don't test me.' He looked down at me and I laughed at his statement.

'I wont, don't worry. I will tell you a piece of worthless information though.' I smiled up at him.

'And what worthless piece of information would that be?' He asked.

'Back home, not many people call them cigarettes, we call them tabs.' I knew he wouldn't really care, but the conversation was going well, I wanted to keep it up.

'Tabs? As in a tab at a bar?' Jesse asked, slightly confused.

'No, as in a tab. You have to pronounce them differently. A tab at a bar is a short word, a tab that you smoke, you sort of drag out the A, a little more.' He tried saying it both ways under his breath so I wouldn't hear him.

'That's stupid, it makes no sense.' He huffed, not quite grasping what I was trying to teach him.

'Justin would appreciate it.' I commented, knowing he would. He still tried to mock my accent, getting better each time. He would always ask for new words to pronounce, tab could be added to the list.

We finally made it to the store and Jesse purchased his death sticks. I was going to attempt to try and snatch them away and run off...but he would have caught up and no doubt thrown me about in rage so I thought better of it. Our walk back was back to the way we usually were, he'd blow smoke in my face and poke fun at my disgusted expression and I'd retaliate by slapping his newly sunburnt shoulders.

Spending a short amount of time with Jesse made me realise even more how much I missed spending time with Kellin, I had to fix things, and quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update until Sunday...and I'm pretty damn excited to update on Sunday.
Hope you all liked, my lovelies.