Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Three

'Come on.' She smiled and I stood at the bottom of the stairs with her. She opened the door and the same excited chatter was still going on.

'Hey guys!' Ella practically yelled at them.

They all shouted their hellos back at her, asking her how she'd been the past week. I stood at the very bottom of the stairs, my breath hitching in my throat every now and then. I cupped my sleeve over my mouth, making my version of a paper bag again to slow my breathing.

When Ella realised they wouldn't stop talking she made a shushing sound to quiet them down.

'So, remember when I told you I'd arranged for a student to come on tour with us for a journalism course?' She asked and received a few mhmms back, 'Well she's here now and I'd like you all to meet her.' Ella finished.

'Ooh where is she? Can we play with her?' I heard an excited voice ask.

'Justin, she isn't a toy. Be nice to her. She's real shy and quiet so no tricks.' Ella warned.

'Darcy, come up here.' I heard Ella call to me.

For a moment I was frozen in place, I hyperventilated but managed to calm myself down. I was going to have to meet them at some point so I decided to force myself up the stairs.

I reached the top step all too soon and for a moment refused to look anywhere but straight ahead. I could see everyone in my peripheral staring at me, probably thinking I was just some weird, creepy fan. But in actual fact, I had no idea who they were and I was just too terrified to move.

'Darcy, it's OK. I told you, they're good guys. Nothing to be scared of.' Eliza whispered as she stood next to me.

'I'm so nervous...I cant do this.' I mumbled and tried to run back down the stairs.

Obviously Ella had caught onto this and grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me further into the bus. I tripped slightly and ended up right in the middle of everyone. Six pairs of eyes all on me. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment and anxiety.

'Darcy, I present to you, Sleeping With Sirens.' Ella beamed out like a proud mother.

'Nice to meet you all.' I told them giving a tiny wave and half a smile. I didn't know who to look at or where to look so my gaze stayed on my converse that sat on my feet. I occasionally glanced to the rips in my black skinny jeans then back to my shoes.

You couldn't even imagine how awkward I made the whole situation for everyone involved.

'Is she OK' I heard a soft voice whisper.

I was not OK, I was currently in the middle of a silent panic attack.

'Would a hug make you feel better?' I heard someone else ask.

I looked up to see who had spoken and a tall, long, red haired boy was stood in front of me.

'I'll take the silence as a yes.' Then he wrapped his arms tight around me and rocked us slightly. He loosened his grip and just as I thought he was about to let go, he picked me up bridal style and sat me in the middle of himself and a shaggy haired boy.

'Are you OK?' He asked, it was that same soft voice who had whispered it a few moments before.

'Getting there.' I smiled.

'Darcy, I just need to go help Annabell with the merch so I'll come get you in a little while.' Ella said and I shot my eyes towards her and stood up.

'Please don't go just yet.' My voice was panicked as I said it.

'I have to. This is all you now. This is where your journalism starts.' Ella sounded like she was trying to pass her confidence through to me but I just couldn't absorb it. It was going to take a lot more time.

She gave one last smile and exited the bus, I stood with my back to the band as I tried to think of what to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the people that have subscribed and thank you to Vivid Dreams for the comment.
I'll post another chapter in a moment since this is only brief and not all that great.