Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Thirty One

I didn't even make it to my bus, I collapsed in a heap on the grass outside, everything I wanted to keep quiet I'd just yelled for everyone to hear.

'Darcy, please don't leave.' Gabe said, cradling me in his arms. 'Kellin didn't mean anything he said. He's angry and so are you. Please just stay.' He brushed my hair out of my face and dried my eyes. 'Stand up, lets go lay down in the bus.' Gabe said helping me up off the ground. He wrapped his arm around my waist and walked with me to my bus.

'I've messed everything up. None of this was supposed to happen. I came here to gain experience in a job, not cause arguments and drama with the source of my journalism.' I was furious with myself for letting things get so out of hand.

'Darcy, its called life. Yes you came to do a job but you also developed feelings for someone. Its all part of growing up and gaining experience. Not everything runs smoothly, you have to ride some rough waves every now and again.' I appreciated Gabe so much, I was glad he was taking time to stay with me.

'I know, but it always happens when you don't want it to. I want everything to be OK.' I huffed and lay down in my bunk, Gabe lying down next to me. He pulled the curtain along and held me close to him, resting an arm over my side and holding onto my hand. He nestled his face into the crook on my neck and started humming softly to me.

'I know he'll apologise, you just need to give him some time.' He then said. 'You need to take your mind off it for now though.' Then he resumed humming. I closed my eyes and listened to him, allowing myself to drift off. I was half hoping to wake up and everything was back to normal.

***

I wasn't sure how long I'd been sleeping for, Gabe wasn't there when I woke up, I didn't expect him to be. I wasn't his problem and I didn't want him to feel like he had to stay with me. While I was alone I took the opportunity to send Lola a message telling her I wanted to come home and she'd demanded an explanation. I called her and told her everything.

She was angry with Kellin for calling me a coward and pathetic but she was also angry at me because I didn't tell him sooner. She told me I wasn't allowed to come home as I'd only regret it for the rest of my life.
I knew Lola just wanted what was best for me and didn't want me to complain at her forever for leaving so I decided to man up and stay. If Kellin and I were never going to be OK again that was fine. Well it wasn't really fine but it was something I was willing to deal with without dragging everyone else down.

'Darcy, do you want to come outside?' I heard Annabell ask from outside my bunk. I wasn't sure how long she'd been there, but I hadn't bothered myself to move. I couldn't even bring myself to look at anyone after the scene I'd caused. I didn't want everyone to stare and be awkward and the last thing I wanted was people to ask questions but I also feared the silence it would bring. I was never going to win and I knew I was going to leave my bunk at some point so why not sooner rather than later.

I slowly opened my curtain to see her kneeling on the floor next to me.

'I'm so sorry about what happened. Ella has told Kellin off for saying that. She cant and wont make him apologise but she has said he was wrong.' Annabell explained.

'It wasn't all Kellin's fault. I should have said something...or at least tried. I didn't even do that, I kept it all from him. I wanted the relationship with Rob and Kellin's attention. I cant have both and I now realise that.' I sighed, knowing I was fully in the wrong.

'Things happen for a reason, Darcy. You need to let it go for a little while to clear your head, then if and when you and Kellin are ready to talk, you will both be rational minded to do so. But for now I want you off this bus and enjoying our small barbecue we have set up.' She smiled, pulling at my arm.

I was far from hungry but I wasn't going to be a loner, so I decided to join everyone. There was more than just us outside so Kellin and I were never going to be stuck alone.

'Is their set finished already?' I asked Annabell, pulling on my converse.

'Darcy, you've been sleeping and sulking in here for the best part of the day. Its half past 11, night time.' She chuckled shaking her head.

I knew I was totally worn out but to sleep from about half past three when it was meant to be a short nap proved how much I needed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update until Tuesday =]
Hope you lot enjoyed.