Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Thirty Two

When I left the bus I immediately looked for him. I didn't want to but I couldn't help it. He was sat next to Gabe and Justin and one of the kids called Kevin from another band. He looked sad and broken and at that point I could tell his smile was not genuine.

Jack was the first person to come over to me outside and out of the blue wrapped me in his arms and kissed the side of my head.

'I felt like you needed this.' He whispered then pulled away from me.

'Thanks.' I tried to smile, but I couldn't even force it. He led me over to where he was sat with Ella and kept my hand in his, rubbing his thumb over the side of it every now and then.

Again I couldn't help myself and I looked over in Kellin's direction. He was looking over at Jack and I. He dropped his head to take new interest in the ground below him and rubbed his hands over his face. It was even more awkward than when we first met.

'Darcy, are you feeling OK now?' Ella asked just as Annabell knelt on the ground next to her.

'So so. I know I'd feel better if certain things weren't said but its life. You have to roll with it.' I shrugged, not wanting to get into how I was feeling. Everyone knew I felt shitty, I didn't want to have to keep telling them.

'You want to do another who's the better sex game?' I heard Justin pipe up.

'And what would that be?' Annabell asked, now sitting crossed legged, leaning back on her hands.

'The marshmallow game.' Justin grinned, waving a large packet around.

'Do you really want to get beaten again?' Ella smirked at him.

Justin scowled back, 'You're all talk, Ella. I'll beat you by at least ten.' His smug face made me smile a little.

'Let's do this then!' She called out and stood from her seat.

'Annabell, you in?' Justin asked.

'When do I say no?' She commented and stood up.

'Never.' I then heard Jesse say and winked over at Annabell. Jack hive fived him and Annabell swiftly kicked his leg.

'In your dreams, Jesse.' She shot back and flipped him off.

'Darcy, you up for it?' Justin then asked and I felt all eyes on me. My face burnt at all of the sudden attention and I was mentally thanking the darkness.

'Not tonight, I'm sorry.' I told him, shaking my head.

'But we neeeed you.' Annabell cried, dragging out the E in a long whine.

'I'm just not really up for it. I'd only fail.' I replied, trying to get the gazes off my face.

'Well, it looks like its just me and Gabe against you two.' Justin beamed looking at Ella and Annabell.

'Bring it.' Ella replied and they all stood around the small plastic table waiting to pack marshmallows into their mouths.

Jesse was in charge of the stopwatch, allowing them all two minutes each to get in as many as they could.
I lost focus on what they were doing and found myself looking in the direction of Kellin. He just seemed to be in his own little world, staring off into the darkness, not paying attention to anything else around him.
I wanted to go and sit with him so bad, just talk to him like I usually did and feel his hand in mine, comforting me. But I already knew I'd messed that up.

We were closing in on the end of the third month and I just feared we'd never speak again. The one thing I was determined not to do was make him feel like his ex made him feel and I couldn't help but believe I had. No Kellin and I weren't in a relationship and yes it had only been almost three months, but within that short space of time I realised how hard he'd fallen for me and how miserable he now was because I made him believe we could be something.

I wasn't enjoying these rough waves that had swam at me.

'Dude, we won!' I then heard Justin yell, snapping me away from staring at Kellin. He jumped up and down and punched the air.

'We rock!' Gabe replied, marshmallow running down his chin.

'Only because we're ladies and don't like to ram food in our mouths.' Ella defended.

'Could have fooled me.' Jesse added, getting his sly comment in there.

'Ho ho ho, you're super funny, Jesse.' Annabell replied, scowling at Jesse.

'Well, we can always do a rematch, but we'd still win.' Gabe shrugged smiling at them. His baby face making him too cute to even yell at.

'I'll pass. I think I almost choked before. I'll end up killing myself to prove a point.' Ella laughed at her own comment and flopped down into her seat. 'But remember, this is the only thing you have ever beaten us in.' Ella stated, pointing her finger at Gabe and Justin.

'Whatever.' They both commented, making a W with their fingers and took their seats once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll post another later.
Thank you all for your wonderful comments too, makes me happy =]