Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Thirty Nine

'Hey.' He piped up, looking me up and down. 'You look...amazing.' He retorted, still staring.

'Thanks, not so bad yourself.' I replied, trying my best to hide my burning cheeks with my hair. He had opted for a pair of black skinny jeans and a simple grey shirt. A pair of black toms sat on his feet and he nervously brushed some of his hair out of his face.

'So, I was thinking we could talk...' He simply stated, looking up at me from the floor. 'Y'know, since I did say we could talk later...and later didn't really come until now.' He looked pretty sheepish as he said it.

'Yeah-' I started but I was cut off by Annabell and Ella bounding over to us.

'Lets go eat, drink and be merry.' Ella couldn't seem to contain her excitement at the thought of the family meal we were about to have. She pulled the door open a little further to see Kellin on the other side and immediately looked apologetic.

'We can do this later.' He then smiled at me and walked down the corridor, and out of view. My heart sank a little, what if there wasn't going to be another later and all of his courage had been built up and smashed down.

'I am so sorry, I didn't even hear you two talking.' Ella apologised. Annabell looked as upset as I felt.

'It's OK, we didn't get very far anyway. I'm sure we can talk soon, at least I know he wants to now.' That was the only good thing to come out of it so far. He had personally knocked on the door to see me, he was no longer avoiding my company.

'I'm still so very sorry. I'll not interrupt next time.' She then said and made her way out of the room, Annabell and I following.

***

When we arrived at the hotel restaurant, the guys, including Jimmy and Gus were all sat around, yet again waiting on the women to get there.

'Well don't you three look beautiful.' Jack said as we all took our seats at the table. Ella was at the head of the table, being the mother an all, it seemed fitting, Annabell took the seat on her left hand side next to Jesse and I sat on her right hand side next to Gabe.

'Thank you, Jack. At least I know its an actual compliment coming from you.' Annabell replied, leaning over to look at him and giving Jesse a sly glare.

'So if I say it, it isn't true?' Jesse asked, sounding hurt.

'Well, since you are very rarely serious, I'd think you were just being a dick.' Annabell replied.

'Well you do look beautiful, as does Ella. Darcy, you look....OK.' I wasn't offended by his words, I knew it pained him to be serious towards me, I just chuckled and nodded instead.

'Thank you for the strained compliment.' I told him and he grinned like a small child.

I scanned my eyes along the table to find Kellin. He was sat on the end next to Jack. He found my eyes and smiled at me and mouthed something I could only just make out. 'You look more than OK.' I could feel my cheeks burn up a little at his comment and he chuckled, knowing he could still make me look like a tomato.

Kellin's POV

I'd missed Darcy, a lot. Even though what she'd kept from me made me feel stupid and angry, I couldn't help but want to be with her all day every day but I had to distance myself from her. I needed time to calm down and work out what I was going to do.
I hated myself for telling her she was pathetic and a coward and it broke my heart to hear about her family and yet I was far too stubborn to talk to her and I felt so terrible for what I'd said, I just couldn't face her.

Gabe often asked how I felt about her and my feelings hadn't changed. I was still falling for her and I didn't think I was going to stop. I was so ready to talk to her earlier, I should have known it was bad timing really, I was just hoping she didn't think I was going to wait weeks to want to talk to her again.

Seeing her sitting at the table with everyone, laughing and smiling made my heart sore. I knew she'd been unhappy for a while, we both had and just because she was in a relationship didn't mean we couldn't be friends. Obviously it hurt because I wanted more, but I wasn't going to pressure her into anything or make her feel guilty when she shouldn't.

I couldn't stop staring at her as she sat at the table, knowing we were going to be OK. She occasionally glanced over at me and shied away when she saw me looking. I liked the fact I could still make her blush and lost for words, she looked so innocent and naive which attracted me even more.

I wasn't going to wait as long as I had previously to talk to her again, I owed her an apology and she deserved at least that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments. I appreciated them so much I did decide to be extra nice.
You may even get another update tomorrow. I know right! An update on a Friday! What the Holy Hell?
I cant promise though, but it's a maybe. If not, Sunday it will be.
Hope you all liked.