Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Four

I racked my brain thinking up starter sentences and lines that wouldn't make me sound totally stupid.

I turned to face them, their eyes still on me waiting for me to speak.

'So...I guess I seem pretty strange, yeah?' I stated not really wanting an answer.

'We're all strange, I wouldn't worry about it.' The red head boy told me, flashing a grin.

'Speak for yourself.' The boy next to him quickly stated, giving him a look of mock disgust. I chuckled a little at him.

'I'm sorry, I just find it hard meeting new people. I try not to come across as so ignorant. Sorry if it looked that way.' I apologised.

'Ay don't worry about it. You didn't seem ignorant. But we will get rid of that shyness pretty damn soon.' One of them beamed.

I smiled nervously and pulled out a tall stool from their kitchen area.

'Well, how about we get started with that now by learning your names and what you do within the band.' I suggested.

'Lets go left to right.' I recommended so things didn't get hectic.

'Well, I'm Gabe Barham, and I play drums.' He told me, raising his hand ever so slightly. He seemed quiet also...maybe it wouldn't be too hard to gel with him.

'I'm Peter Collins, I play bass and I'm pleased to meet you.' The next one said, pushing his sunglasses on top of his head.

'Eliza said no tricks.' Gabe scolded elbowing him in the side.

'Fineee.' He whined. 'Justin Hills, and I really am pleased to meet you.' He confessed, giving me a genuine smile.

'I'm also pleased to meet you.' I replied.

I looked to his left and waited for the next person to tell me his name.

'Jack Fowler and I play rhythm guitar.' He told me, also giving me a smile.

'I don't know how, there's nothing rhythmic about him.' The red head quipped with a smirk.

I looked towards him, as Jack lightly punched his arm.

'I'm Jesse Lawson,' He then stated, 'And I play lead guitar and sing, because I'm just awesome and know how to multi-task, unlike these failers.' He pointed his thumbs in the direction of his band mates and I chuckled at his statement.

'Not many men can multi-task, you have a gift.' I told him, causing him to look around all smug.

I looked towards the last person, he was sitting staring at my face. I felt slightly uncomfortable under his gaze.

'Dude, she's waiting.' Jesse said, nudging him.

'I'm Kellin Quinn and I sing.' He outstretched his hand for me to shake. I took hold of it and he gripped it, not actually shaking it, just holding it in place. He flashed me a smile, baring his teeth and I could feel myself burn up again.

'Kellin let go, you're creeping her out more than she already is.' I heard Justin say.

He dropped my hand and apologised, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

'So where are you from Darcy? Your accent is different.' Jack asked me.

'Newcastle, over in the UK. People occasionally find it difficult to know what I'm saying so if you get totally lost, just let me know.' I told them, forgetting I was now in America and not around my friends.

'I've been pretty much lost through that whole explanation but I'm sure I'll get used to it.' Justin laughed.

'Sorry.' I shrugged, mentally telling myself to slow my speech.

'So how old are you?' Jesse asked, trying to pull a seedy face.

'Twenty two.' I replied. 'I dropped out of a social care course, it took a few year for me to figure out what I wanted to do and when I knew, I signed up for the journalism course I was somehow, miraculously accepted.' I felt pride in what I'd achieved so far, staying in America for six month would be the icing on the cake.

'I'm sure it wasn't a miracle, you probably deserved to be on it just as much as the others on your course.' Kellin assured me, making me feel better.

It was silent for a few minutes until I decided it was time for me to go.

'Well, I know this was short and brief but it's been a long trip and I need a little rest before I get things started for my articles and what not so I'm going to head over to the other bus. I'll see you guys later though.' I told them as I stood from my seat.

'Yeah no worries, we'll probably see you in the morning.' Jesse said standing up.

'Hug goodbye?' He asked outstretching his arms.

I looked at him sceptically in case he swept me back off my feet.

'I promise just a hug.' He replied as if he'd read my mind.

I happily accepted his hug and the rest of the guys stood to hug me too.

'See you tomorrow, Darcy.' Justin said squeezing me. Gabe and jack did the same and Kellin stepped towards me.

'I hope we haven't made this too uncomfortable for you.' Kellin said as he pulled me into a hug.

'If anything I think I made it awkward for you lot.' I replied pulling away from him. I looked up at him as he smiled down at me.

'You'll get used to us. Being here will become second nature to you and you'll be as relaxed as Ella and Annabell.' I took in his words and could only hope he was right.

'Well, see you tomorrow.' I waved and exited the bus, feeling slightly more relaxed than I was earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked.
I'll not be posting another until Tuesday so I hope this has kept you going.