Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Forty Two

My phone had been constantly buzzing and ringing the whole time I was with Kellin. Lola and Rob were both calling and texting, I couldn't help but feel something awful had happened for them to be constantly trying to get in touch with me, but I didn't want to let that ruin my time with Kellin. We were both getting back on track, they weren't going to spoil that for me.

We were both making our way up to our rooms again and Kellin stopped me outside of my door. He inhaled and rocked back on forth on the heels of his feet.

'You want to hang out, just the two of us?' Kellin then asked, looking ever so hopeful.

'Sure, I just need to speak with Lola first. She's been nagging all morning. I'll meet you downstairs in about half an hour?' I offered.

'Its a date.' He winked and walked down the corridor to his room. I swiped the key card and pushed my door open, the sound of Ella and Annabell still snoring filled my ears so I quietly made my way to my room and started up my laptop to talk to an ever so desperate Lola.

As soon as Skype loaded Lola popped up immediately, a frustrated look on her face.

'Is everything OK? I've had none stop calls from you and Rob all morning. Has something happened at home?' I quickly asked, thinking the worst as her face twisted a little.

'Have you spoken to Rob?' She asked, spitting out his name like it was acid on her tongue.

'Not yet, I came straight on here to talk to you, are you OK?' I asked her, getting ever so panicky. She was tense and angry, I could see that much. Her tone was also off, she was keeping something from me, something I needed to know.

'I didn't want to tell you like this and I don't want you to think I'm a bitch trying to ruin anything.' Lola started, her tone lowering. She sat in her chair, bobbing her knee up and down. I knew she was upset and annoyed about something.

'Lola, what's wrong, please tell me.' I begged, not wanting her to have to struggle with what ever she was dealing with alone.

'Please don't hate me.' Her voice was barely audible. I was getting more and more confused as the conversation went on. 'Yesterday, I was out with Kayla.' She started, Kayla was a mutual friend of ours, we'd met on a night out and jelled quite nicely. 'We were just hanging at Monument and I saw Rob.' She paused and seemed to scowl at saying his name.

'Lola...what's happened?' I was getting impatient. My stomach was churning and I just wanted her to let it out.

'He was sitting with some girl outside of Costa. I didn't want to think anything of it, they were just sitting talking, I wasn't about to jump to conclusions, but then they seemed to be getting far too close for comfort. I didn't march over to him and cause a scene, instead I just sat and watched.' She looked so guilty as she said it.
'I should have walked over then and there, but I wanted to see him for the areshole he is. They were laughing and flirting like two love struck kids, then after what seemed like a lifetime of me creeping on them...they kissed, Darcy.' I didn't quite take in what she was telling me, I wasn't sure I'd even heard correctly.

'Are....are you sure it was him? Maybe you saw wrong, maybe it was just someone that looked like him.' I defended, not wanting it to be true.

'Darcy...I took a picture. I didn't think you'd believe me because I know you know how much I hate him. I'm not trying to sabotage anything, I'm just not going to sit back and let him treat you like some kind of idiot. You're my best friend and I'm not going to let him hurt you.' She told me, the look on her face growing more serious.

'Can you show me the picture?' I asked, swallowing a lump that had formed in my throat. I wasn't going to believe it until I saw it for myself.

She sat and fiddled around with her phone, the look of disgust and anger filling her face. 'I even went to talk to the girl when Rob was in the café.' She lifted her head to look at me. 'I asked her how long they'd been together.' She paused and inhaled.

'What did she say?' I asked, still hoping she was wrong but fully aware that the picture was going to kill me.

'Six months.' Lola seemed to choke out. I knew she hated telling me, she didn't like to hurt me or see me upset. She'd known I'd had far too much of that in my past to have to deal with now.

I didn't know what to say to her, instead I waited for the picture to send. Just then a pop up box flashed up informing me I had an email. I opened it to see Lola's name as the sender. I opened it and hesitate over the attachment.

'Did she say anything else?' I asked Lola before opening the message. 'Do you even know who she is?' I questioned.

'No, Rob came out and saw me so I ran, that's probably why he's been trying to call. I've never seen her before, he's been a sneaky bastard. Not mixing our group of friends so he doesn't get caught out.' Lola didn't swear a lot, so I knew just how furious she was.

I inhaled and closed my eyes before clicking on the link, I knew when I opened it I was either going to be relieved she had the wrong person, or thrown into a world of hurt and devastation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know one or two of you probably guessed this outcome, but I did try to keep hush on it =]
Hope you liked.
Thank you for your comments also, I'm so glad you're all still reading this.