Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Five

'That was quick, you feeling OK, Darcy?' Ella asked as I exited the bus, closing the door behind me. She was currently lugging large brown boxes over to the side of the open bus we were staying in.

'Yeah, I just started to feel a little overwhelmed so I made my exit before I curled up into a ball and started rocking back and forth, scaring the life out of them.' My truth sounded like humour and Ella laughed, then paused not knowing if I was joking or not.

'But you're OK now, yes?' She quickly asked, her tone serious.

'Yeah I'm fine, was just a lot to process all at once, especially after a long trip.' I replied.

Ella nodded and placed the box into the bus.

'And who's this gorgeous girl?' I heard an unfamiliar voice call.

I looked to my left to see a girl, much taller than my 5ft 3inch high self carrying two boxes much like Ella's. Her black hair was cut into a razor bob and shaped her face nicely. Her features were all very pointy, her cheekbones, chin and nose, but all made her look absolutely beautiful.

Her face was free of make-up to show her flawless skin and she paraded her extra long legs about in a pair of high-waisted shorts which she teamed with a white vest which had a large A printed on the front. A pair of black high-top converse sat on her feet and a pair of frilly white socks poked above them.

'This is Darcy, the girl I've been telling you about.' Ella told her.

'Pleased to meet you, doll.' She said turning to face me, she balanced both boxes in one hand and held out her other towards me. I shook it and she gave me a smile.

'I'm Annabell. I do merch.' She told me and continued to walk to the side of the bus to place the boxes inside.

'Ella's mentioned you, it's nice to finally meet you too.' I was getting better at this conversation stuff, even if it was just a vague meet and greet.

'Whatever she has told you about me, its a lie. I'm totally the nicest person you'll ever meet.' She grinned standing next to Ella and resting an arm on her shoulder.

'Well she's not mentioned anything bad, so I wouldn't worry. Plus, you cant believe everything you hear can you?' She nodded in agreement.

'High five to that sister!' She hollerd, holding her hand up to me. I slapped it and she let out a loud cheer.

'First high five of the tour. Suck it!' She yelled towards the bus.

'Brace yourself.' Ella whispered in my ear.

Just then the door of the bus I'd just left swung open and a furious looking Justin came bursting out and stormed towards us, the others following close behind.

'Oh no you didn't.' Justin said clicking his fingers at Annabell and snaking his head. 'Which bitches high fived?' He questioned staring at the three of us.

We all stayed silent and he stood right up to Annabell...on tip toes of course as she was a good few inches taller.

'Its on!' He whispered but loud enough for us all to hear.

'Yeah, bring it suckers!' Jesse called, raising his hands up. Then they all turned and walked away back to their bus, not saying another word.

I stood for a moment not quite knowing what to say and Ella and Annabell burst out laughing.

'I'm assuming this happens all of the time?' I asked turning to face them, totally confused.

They both stopped their laughter to explain.

'A while ago they all got into this crazy high five phase and would constantly high five for the smallest of things, and to be fair, it grew pretty annoying.' Annabell told me.

'Yeah, then it stopped but Justin makes it his mission to get the first high five of every tour, big or small. We don't know why he does it, but you two have just broken it and ruined what would have been his tenth first high five. You two are my favourite people ever!' Ella beamed, jumping around.

I felt bad at first, I didn't know him and I'd just ruined his 'thing', but then Annabell assured me he wasn't really angry and he'd just get her back later on.

I helped Ella and Annabell carry a few more boxes to the bus and proceeded to help Annabell sort the rest of the boxes that were in the back of a different van, into their sizes and styles, all while answering her questions on where I was from, what I did back home and what I wanted to gain from the trip.

Annabell told me about herself too. She told me she started out just helping Ella on a few different gigs as she was busy, well...being a manager and when Ella realised how quick, efficient and friendly she was, took her on full time as Sleeping With Sirens merch girl.

'Don't you miss being away from home so much?' I asked, knowing I would get terribly home sick. I was already a wreck even thinking about the next six months away from everyone back home.

'Not really. There's no one at home. My parents kicked me out when I turned eighteen. They always threatened they would because they were sick of my attitude and fed up with my constant letting people stay over. I told them if and when they did that, they'd never see me again.' Annabell shrugged.

'How old are you now?' I asked, hoping I wasn't being too personal.

'Twenty four.' She simply stated and continued to fold a navy blue t-shirt and stacked it with the mediums.

I felt sad for Annabell. Not seeing your parents in such a long time was hard, I personally knew how hard it was. But the more I thought about it, we both had reasons for it. Annabell was stubborn and in a way, teaching her parents a lesson, but on the other hand they went through with it and kicked her out. Everything she knows now is just the norm.

But me? I chose not to see my parents, they weren't healthy or happy or safe to be around. I pretty much got up and left when I was sixteen. The last time I saw their faces was on the front page of a newspaper. It didn't mean I didn't miss them. I would have killed for loving parents growing up, just sometimes life isn't always that fair.

'Well we're all done here. You should go rest, Darcy. You look real tired.' Annabell said, noticing how heavy my eyes were looking.

'I think I will. I'm probably going to stop functioning soon.' I replied, standing up from where I was sat on the end of the van.

'I'll see you when I wake up. Whatever time that may be.' I waved to Annabell.

'See you later doll.' She called back giving me a wave.

I made my way to our van and over to my bunk, I flopped myself down half landing on my file I'd left there earlier. I groaned in slight pain at the corner that had dug into my side. I pulled it around and took off my shoulder bag that I still had slung around me.

I dug out a pen that was buried underneath all the last bits and pieces I'd thrown together in my bag before I left for the airport, I flipped open the file to the front page that had all of their photographs already stuck down. There was a space for me to write the band name, the members names and what they did within the band, a space for any comments I had and a date and time log.

I filled in the first page as not to forget who they were and what they did, scribbled down the date and time and threw it to the bottom of my bunk. I pulled the curtain shit and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made a name change as you may have noticed. Eliza is now Ella. Another one of my stories has Elisa and I've come across a story with Eliza so I thought it needed a change.
I hope you liked though.
Also, thank you for the comment, subscribers and the recommendation, it really means a lot.