Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Sixty Two

Kellin decided he wanted to have a date day and then later on he was going to teach me how to play Zombie Death 3 while we sat in bed and pigged out on junk food until we felt too ill to eat any more.

'So, where are we going on our date?' I asked Kellin as we strolled hand in hand down the street. It was a lot colder today than it had been all summer, the clouds were out and the wind was blowing, it wasn't the best weather for a date day, but if it stayed the same, it was going to be nice to stay in bed and play video games at night.

'I thought I'd show you around, take you to my favourite park, grab something to eat, go shopping for junk food, maybe do a little people watching, then head home so I can teach you how to be an awesome Zombie killer, how does that sound?' He asked, his eyes full of hope that his date idea didn't suck.

'I like it, its nice to know you have it well thought out. As much as a spur of the moment plan is good...I'm too much of a worry wart and need to plan.' I told him, hoping I didn't sound to uptight and boring.

'Well I don't usually make plans, but I didn't want us to be bored all day so I had to think up something before we left. Future plans will be all you, I'm afraid.' He told me sheepishly.

'And that's fine by me.' I smiled, happy he was thinking about our future and still giving me hope that we were going to last.

***

'You ready?' I asked Kellin as he sat in the middle of the roundabout with his eyes closed. He was gripping tightly to the bars either side of him waiting for me to start spinning. I'd wanted him to do what he asked me to do in Ohio. I wanted him to free his mind of anything that was worrying him and forget about it. I didn't know if there was anything in particular that he wanted to ignore, I hadn't asked him, but I was going to give him the chance to do so.

'Spin me, baby!' He yelled out and grinned, flashing his teeth at me.

I ran with the roundabout a few times until I managed to pick up its speed then stopped in place and continued to push it with my hands. I watched his face as he passed me. He seemed tense at first and started to shake his head. He then frowned but soon enough he started to smile a little. He leant back slightly, but still holding tightly onto the bars. I stopped pushing him around and let the roundabout slowly come to a stop, once it did he opened his eyes and stood up, loosing his balance a little at first but he held onto my shoulders and looked down at me, a serious look on his face.

'You wont leave me when you go home, will you? You wont get sick of waiting for us to see each other again and go back to Rob?' I was taken aback a little by his question, after what Rob had done to me, I certainly wasn't going to go back to him or anyone for that matter.

'What's made you think this? Was the point of this exercise not to rid you of these kinds of thoughts?' I asked him, taking his hand and leading him out of the park.

'It was, but I couldn't shake it. I just don't want you to go home and get bored of waiting for me. I trust you but I think a long distance relationship is a strain for any couple, I just....I don't want to let you down.' He told me, looking at the sandy coloured ground as we walked.

'I honestly think this is going to be good for me. I've been attached at the hip to some boy I didn't love any longer for six years, having some space to be on my own but knowing I have you, it will be refreshing. Of course I will miss not being around you all of the time but I wouldn't throw that away, I'd rather miss you then have any body else.' I could only hope he believed me, it was the most sincere answer I could give.

'As long as I know that, I'll be OK.' He smiled down at me and lightly kissed my lips. I gave him a smile and he led me to his favourite café a ten minute walk from the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another shall be coming pretty soon...