Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Sixty Seven

Kellin's POV

'You want to hang out? Take your mind off of things?' Jesse offered as we made our way to the car park so we could leave the airport. I was a total mess inside, I just didn't feel like doing anything.

'Nah, I'm gonna chill at home for a little while. I'll see how I feel later. Thanks though.' I told him. He embraced me in a hug and I waved them all off. Ella gave me a lift back, not letting me out of her Jeep until I promised her I was going to be OK and not do anything rash. I was never going to do that though, hurting Darcy was the last thing I wanted to do.

I unlocked my front door and walked into the empty apartment once again. I'd done it one to many times before. When Darcy was around, it felt like the whole apartment was full. He scent, her laughter, her clothes, her presence, now it felt empty again. I slumped onto my couch and inhaled, I rubbed my face with my hands and sighed, not quite knowing what to do next.

I looked towards the table to see the colourful gift bag sitting there, staring at me. I smiled a little, feeling happier there was still something of Darcy around. I snatched it up off the table and opened it, pulling out a few gift wrapped items.

The first was a bottle of her favourite perfume, I'd always commented when she sprayed it, the smell filling the apartment for hours. The next was one of her favourite Anthem Made t-shirts, it was a little cropped at the bottom, a light grey colour. It always looked the best on her. The last was wrapped so I carefully pulled open the paper and started down into my hands.

It was a photograph of the two of us, sitting in a field while we'd been out with everyone. I was sitting crossed legged on the grass and Darcy was draped over my shoulder, kissing my cheek, her wavy hair falling around the side of her face. I had the goofiest grin on my face, just staring into the camera. She'd said it was her favourite, but I thought she'd wanted to keep it. I then focused on the frame it was in, a wooden one with a heart in the corner and across the top it said, 'Forever, for always'

Another tear slid down my cheek and I brushed it away. I pulled out an envelope that was sat at the bottom of the gift bag and opened it. I pulled out the postcard which was inside, a few polaroid photographs of the two of us and the rest of the guys pinned to it, and began to read;

'So, where do I begin? Do I start off with telling you how much I love and miss you? Or how much of a great time I had? Or how surreal my life feels?
Seriously, Kellin, you are the greatest thing to have ever happened to me and I hope while I'm here at home, you're strong enough to just carry on the way you were before. Yes I know it's going to be hard and I know it will feel like decades before we get to see each other again but it's only going to make our time together more special. We'll appreciate it so much more.
I know it hurt watching me leave, thinking you were never going to see me again, but seriously, how could you ever replace me? I'm too weird! I do joke, but I'm also serious.
The photograph I've left for you is just the start of you decorating our home, when I come back I hope to see it filled with photographs of you and the guys and Ella and Annabell. I want to see furniture and paintings and something that shows your love and passion for music!
I also want to see that fluffy rug!
I know you're going to miss me and I know you'll want to sit alone most of the time and do nothing, but I don't want you to do that. I want you to enjoy yourself, I want you to hang out with your friends, I want you to write music and sing and party and do what ever you want to do.
I'll miss you horribly, (that's why I've stolen one of your jumpers to take home) but I know we can both do this.
I promise I'll never leave to long and if you wait for me, I will keep you with me, always.
I love you, Kellin. I promise to see you soon.
Darcy xxx


I could hardly see the last part of her writing as my eyes were so filled with tears, making them blurry. I laughed at her request for the fluffy rug but had all intentions on buying it for her. It was going to sit proudly in my living room for all to see. I was going to make our home look better and I was going to try and be happy while she was away, no I wasn't sure when I was going to see her again but that's what was making this special and exciting.

Maybe a long distance relationship wasn't going to be so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
See what I did there, snuck it right in x)
Anywho, I'll be updating again in a short while.
Thank you for your comments.
Hope you liked!