Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Seventy Two

No one had noticed my face, we had been talking for a good hour and half about pretty much nothing and no one said a word. We were just catching up about the past day, asking when I was going back to college, getting to know Lola...but then she dropped us both in it by announcing all too loud that her fists were hurting from beating up Rob when they'd all told her how much they hated him for what he'd done.

'Did you hurt him?' Gabe asked, grinning. She quickly looked towards me and mouthed a sorry.

'Its OK. They were bound to find out.' I replied, rubbing her arm.

'What's going on?' Kellin asked, looking between Lola and I.

'You know how I told you I needed to get my things back from Rob's?' I asked him. He nodded slowly, the rest of the guys just staring at me. 'Well, I was planning on getting my clothes and getting out of there but he wanted to talk, I knew I shouldn't have but I wanted an apology from him...' I trailed of a little and glanced at the screen.

'What's happened, Darcy?' He asked worried.

'We argued and I shoved him...then he hit me.' Anger flooded not only Kellin's face but everyone else's too.

'He fucking hit you?!' Kellin yelled, his hands balling into fists on his desk. 'Where?' He asked, not calming down.

'Kellin, its fine, you don't need to worry. It wont happen again.' I didn't want him to kick up a fuss, especially when there was nothing he could do.

'I don't care, Darcy. Show me where he hit you!' He was stern this time, no one said anything to him. I pulled my hair from my face, and held it in place so it wouldn't fall. It was the first time I'd looked at it, in the small screen on my computer. It was a deep purple colour that filled most of my cheek. A yellow tinge sat around the edges and it was puffier than its usual size.

'That fucking dick!' Kellin yelled at the screen and left his desk, Justin followed him, everyone else just sitting, mouths ajar.

'Are you OK?' Gabe asked, touching his finger to the screen.

I shrugged. 'I guess. I didn't want Kellin to find out, I didn't want him to worry. Where is he?' I asked them.

'He'll be back, Justin's with him, he'll be calming him down, don't worry.' Jesse spoke up. 'Have you put ice on it? Does it still hurt?' He asked, highly concerned.

'Lola iced it for me earlier, it still hurts a little but not as much as it did. I'm sure it'll go down in a few days.' I reassured him. 'Jack, are you OK?' I asked him. He wasn't saying anything, he just looked angry and guilty all at once.

'I feel like I've let you down. I'm supposed to be like your big brother, I shouldn't let anyone hurt you and he has!' I could tell by his tone he was angry.

'Jack, there was nothing you could have done. You're in Florida, I'm in Newcastle. You can't always protect me, I know you wouldn't have let it happen if you were here but you weren't, don't blame yourself for this, OK?' I tried not to sound too much like Ella, but she had rubbed off on me, I was being all motherly and protective.

Jack just nodded and Kellin and Justin re-entered the room. 'Kellin, are you OK?' I then asked as he took his previous seat.

'I'm coming to see you.' Was all he said. I didn't know how to feel. I was happy and excited, but I also felt sick at the thought of him coming over and seeing Rob, I didn't know what would come out of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two...