Status: Complete

Could You Love Me Just A Little Bit More

Seventy Seven

'What was that?' Kellin asked and turned around to see Rob, standing in his driveway.

'You heard me.' He spat. 'Are you the faggot Darcy thinks can replace me?' He shouted again.

'Kellin, don't rise to his childishness, walk away.' I begged, pulling his arm.

'Do you have an issue with faggots? I don't believe I am one, but what if I were? Also, I haven't replaced you. I'm nothing like you.' Kellin was calm as he spoke, edging closer and closer to Rob.

'So what are you then? Just some tag along hoping to get into her pants?' Rob snarled, not moving from his drive.

'It's none of your business who I am. But it is my business when you hit her.' Kellin snapped, he was only a few feet away from Rob and I was still pulling on his arm for us to leave.

'So she told you? You not big enough to fight for yourself?' Rob then directed at me, glaring. Kellin stood in front of me protectively.

'Were you not taught that you never hit a woman? Are you that much of a coward that you have to hit someone a lot smaller than you and most likely a lot weaker?' I wanted to defend myself against Kellin's words, I wasn't that weak...but Rob did have physical power over me so I let him continue.

'I'm no coward.' Rob scowled at Kellin.

'Then prove it.' He tempted Rob, stepping even closer. 'Go on, dare you.' He whispered in his face. Rob then raised up his fist and tried to land it on Kellin's face but I pulled him back. He wasn't going to get himself hurt, not for me.

'I can do this, Darcy. Let go.' Kellin told me, and just as he was about to turn to face Rob, he shoved him into me, causing the both of us to stumble backwards. Kellin quickly made sure I was OK and turned to face Rob, shoving him backwards. Rob tried to lunge at Kellin but before he had a chance to do anything, Kellin had rugby tackled him to the ground and after that, all I saw were his fists hitting him over and over.

'Please stop this!' I yelled, hoping Kellin would stop...but no such luck. Rob pushed Kellin off of him and they both stood up, Rob's face already bleeding from where Kellin had burst his nose and lip. He swung his fist and caught Kellin on the side of the face and at that point I couldn't really take much more. I ran in between the pair of them and stupidly tried to break them up.

'Get out of the way!' Rob yelled at me and took hold of my arms and threw me to the ground beside him.

'Do you not listen?! Don't fucking touch her!' Kellin yelled and ran at Rob, punching him over and over, not stopped for anyone. I couldn't watch, I couldn't bare to see the anger on his face. It wasn't the Kellin I knew, I didn't need to see that.

'Please, stop.' I heard Rob's weak voice and I turned to look at him. His face was bruised and bloody and he was slouched into his front door. Kellin dropped his hands and stared at him.

'Stay away from her, I mean it.' Was the last thing he said to Rob before taking my hand, pulling me up off the ground and walking away from his house.

'You didn't have to do that.' I quietly said, glancing over towards Rob's house. He had went back into his house and slammed his front door behind him. I was fearing he was going to put on a pair of shoes and come running at us, but in his state that was highly unlikely.

'I did. Not just to try and prove a point that I can beat someone up, but I had to do it for me. I felt like a failure letting him hurt you, I needed him to feel that pain. I needed to show him that he can't just get away with that...I am regretting it a little now my knuckles hurt.' He told me sheepishly, outstretching his hand for me to look at.

'Let's get home, we'll fix it up.' I told him and kissed his half swollen hand. 'Thank you, Kellin.' I smiled at him and he grinned at me, squeezing my hand with his good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
One...