Melodies

Chapter 18: Kell

Kim talked me through the night, distracting me from the pressure filling up my head. There's something about her voice that's comforting in ways that no one else's is. Courtney gets irritating after a while, and Brittany just can't talk on the phone without dropping it.

Kim told me all about her day, starting with her first period class and going from there. She and Elizabeth apparently both hate Shakespeare, as the discovered in English, and they both thought the Geography quiz was unfair because it was material that had never been reviewed. Then, in French, Brittany told Ms. Clark that she enjoy eating Brownies as in Girl Scouts, instead of just, like, food brownies. And in last block, when Mr. Kent wasn't looking, she left class and came down to the music room to see if we were busy, but we weren't there. But, she got to see Elizabeth playing her cello for a minute, so it was worth it.

Kim talked to me through the entire time she was on Facebook, asking Elizabeth out on a date for Saturday. Elizabeth said yes, of course, and Kim nearly had a seizure or something.

Sometime around 2 in the morning, I told her that I would finally let her go. She assured me that she liked talking to me, but she didn't protest when I insisted I was tired.

I laid in bed for what felt like hours, just internally raving in about how awesome it would be if Sydney really had been worried about me. But he couldn't have been, right?