Melodies

Chapter 22: Kell

I woke up in an amazing mood, but it went to shit once I heard Jamie being sick in the bathroom just down the hall. I jumped out of bed, nearly falling.

I beat on the bathroom door, after finding it locked. "Fucking shit, Jamie, let me in!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

There was a silence, then I heard him shut the toilet lid, and he unlocked the door for me. I opened it, letting myself in. Jamie was kneeling in front of the toilet, looking pale and miserable. I couldn't help but notice how his right hand was covered in spit, and that his eyes looked red.

I kneeled down next to him after grabbing a towel from the cabinet by the door. I handed it to him, giving him time and space to wipe his hands and face. This wasn't the first time I'd found him in such a state, and I knew that he felt like absolute shit at the moment.

I waited for him to look up at me. I bit my lip. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head and leaned forward unsteadily, supporting himself by bracing his hand against the floor. "Nothing's coming up, and I have to look good for tonight."

I sighed. "You always look good, stupid. Even when you're sick, or when you're tired and pissy. You even somehow looked good after you spilled paint all over yourself in art last year. Emery's going to love you and think you're beautiful. And if he doesnt, he's blind and it would have been too much trouble to be with him.

He looked at me again. I smiled weakly. "Hey, look, we've both got dates tonight. Let's get ready together. We can do facials and be super gay. I'll even watch Aquamarine with you."

He smiled a tiny bit. "And you won't make fun of it for being so ridiculous?"

"I promise."

He was quiet for a moment. "Okay."

I stood, pulling him up next to me. "Brush your teeth and shower, and then we can be mega faggots until tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/ subscribe. I'd really appreciate some feedback