Melodies

Chapter 24: Kell

Once Jamie and I had both been through the shower, we set up our little cleansing area in the kitchen. We pretty much wasted the entire day laughing at each other for wearing face masks, and hair masks, and for doing our nails. I even used whitening strips, which Jamie found hilarious for some reason.

"You're already perfect Kell, and anyone with eyes can see that Sydey's already pretty infatuated with you. You could wear a trash bag tonight, and he wouldn't even notice," Jamie told me after he laughed at me.

I wish Momma had been there to see us both getting ready for our dates, but she was on a business trip. I took pictures though, telling myself I'd show her when she came home.

Sometime around 5, we really started getting ready. We fought over what we should wear, Jamie styled my hair for me, I picked out his shoes. It was only around 6 that we left each other alone to make the finishing touches. I couldn't help but feel as though I should have been holding a purse and wearing false eyelashes. As it was, I did happen to be wearing a little bit of mascara. Again, Jamie found that hilarious.

Roughly at 6:30, we met downstairs. I was wearing a fitted tank top with a crude design of a koi under a looser cardigan, over a simple pair of stressed skinny jeans. I didn't have shoes on yet.

Jamie was wearing a button-up shirt open over a striped tank top. He was wearing nicer, dark skinny pants and a pair of vans. His hair was perfect, because he'd worried over it so much. He looked amazing. Emery would have had to have been an idiot to have not fallen for him immediately.

We were messing around, making fun of each other a little bit more, pretending we were going to mess up our hair or clothes somehow, all while some kids' show played in the background of all our noise.

I told Jamie to bring me a pair of shoes when Sydney texted me saying he would be on his way soon. Jamie, ever the asshole older brother, brought me a pair of Momma's heels. Just to see him laugh, I put them on. I still only came up to his chin. I'm ridiculously short.

The doorbell rang, making us freeze and hush. After a minute of fighting, Jamie forced me to answer it. I clicked over to the door in my heels, opening it to reveal a guy who was even taller than Jamie. He had to have been 6'4", minimum.

He looked extremely confused. "Um, is Jamie here?"

Jamie pulled me back out of the way and greeted Emery. They left quickly, after Jamie wished me luck with Sydney.

I flopped out on the couch in front of the t.v., waiting for Sydney. I walked around a little bit before he arrived, looking for a pair of shoes I could actually wear.

I grabbed a pair of my nicer tennis shoes just as the doorbell rang, and I got a text saying "here. I think I'm at the right house, anyway."