Melodies

Chapter 31: Sydney

When I woke up, I had no idea where I was. The window wasn't in the right place, the room was the wrong color, and it was way too clean. In my daze, I had a tiny heart attack until the weight against my chest shifted slightly. It was only then that I remembered that I'd stayed the night with Kell.

The fact that he was actually sleeping made me stupidly happy. He looked peaceful, calm for a change. I decided not to wake him, opting instead to just shut my eyes again and enjoy the warmth and comfort that was his bed and his body against mine.

A small amount of time passed and he began to stir. I opened my eyes to see him slowly pulling himself out of sleep, looking like a sleepy toddler. His cheeks were a deep pink, like they always are when he's just woken up. His hair was a glowing mess framing his delicate face perfectly. He looked at me like he was slightly confused, his tea-colored eyes not fully alert yet.

He stretched out a little and shoved up against me again, looking content and more awake than he'd seemed only a few seconds ago. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my lips to his neck, making him squirm a little. "You look like a baby when you sleep."

He grinned. "You usually look like someone knocked you out with a broken bottle."

I laughed. "Really?"

He smiled and shook his head. "You just look like you're five years old. It's cute."

He pushed my arms away and sat up slowly, kicking off the covers. "I should check on Jamie."

"Okay."

He grinned at me just before he opened the door and stepped into the hall. I couldn't help but to glance at his ass as he left. I couldn't help it. The floral boxers drew attention to his lower half.

I heard him knock on a door, then open it. There was quiet for a minute, and then two voices exploded. Kell was yelling at Jamie, who was yelling right back at him. I didn't pick up much of what they actually said, but after a few minutes of fighting, they were quiet again. A door slammed shut, and Kell was back in the room with me.

He smiled, a fake smile. "Sorry you had to hear that."

"Did something happen?"

Kell crawled back into bed with me, moving his leg over my waist
and allowing me to wrap my arms around him again.

He bit his lip and stared down, playing with the necklace I was wearing. "He was weighing himself." He sighed. "He's officially underweight again. He looked so happy about it."

I didn't know what I was supposed to say. "Sorry. I know you don't like fighting with him."

"I really don't." He looked up at me. "I don't know what to do."

I held him closer and pressed my lips to his hair when he looked down at my necklace again. "I know. It'll be okay."

"It had better be."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.

Thank you to Everspirit for the first comment!

The rating on this story is probably going to go up sometime during the next few chapters.