Melodies

Chapter 35: Sydney

I woke up around 2 a.m. Saturday to a text from Kell.

Kell: I can't sleep. This fucking sucks.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and texted him back.

Me: I'm sorry. Do you feel any better, at least? Or is it worse?

Kell: It's worse. I'm so hot, but we can't turn the air on because Jamie's freezing. And everything hurts and I'm dizzy and I hate everything.

Me: Poor baby.

Kell: We were supposed to go shopping tomorrow for our competition clothes.

Me: We can go later. There's no rush. I could come see you tomorrow anyway, if you want. Ashton and Alex plan on being over a while in the morning so I can help with their Bio project but I'm free after that.

Kell: I don't want to get you sick.

Me: You won't, trust me.

Kell: I don't know...

Me: I'm definitely coming over.
Me: uh, if your mom's okay with it.

Kell: She doesn't mind. She'll probably be at the doctor with Jamie all day anyway.

Sydney: Cool. I should be over around 12. Want me to bring you anything?

Kell: Not really, I don't think I need anything. Except sleep, but that isn't happening.

I paused, biting my lip in thought. He falls asleep to music all the time, but it can take a while to find the right music.

Me: How do you feel right now? Like, emotionally, not physically.

Kell: Is tired an emotion?

Me: Look up the greatest prize by Nat and Alex Wolff. I think you'll like it. It might help you sleep.

He didn't text back for a few minutes. I wondered if I'd picked the right song. Then my phone went off, and I smiled when I read his message.

Kell: Did they used to be the Naked Brothers Band?

Me: ...maybe.

Kell: I thought so. This is really pretty, I'm starting to fall asleep already. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight :*

Me: Love you

I sent it, then grabbed my phone and read what I'd typed. Shit. We hadn't said that to each other yet.

I relaxed when he sent me back another text.

Kell: Love you too(:
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe, check out the characters page, leave lots of feedback on the story