Melodies

Chapter 38: Kell

Things really started looking up during fall break. Jamie started eating again, although it made him extremely irritable and emotional. Sydney and I managed to finally go through the entire song and sound decent. Courtney helped me plan my costume for her stupid Halloween party. Best of all, the weather changed to how I like it the best. It was finally sweatshirt weather.

I'd spent the night at Sydney's house one night over break, with a few other people. Ashton, Brittany, Courtney, and Kim were all there. They all fell asleep downstairs during a movie sometime in the middle of the night, but Sydney and I managed to stay awake. I remember him looking at me, looking mischievous, like he had some secret plan. He'd pressed a finger to his lips, and then had quietly taken me upstairs with him to his room.

I loved his room. It was painted a light tan color, which didn't really seem like his thing, but it worked. He has posters and pictures up everywhere (one of the two of us on the wall right by his bed), and there's all these notebooks and papers and pencils lying around all over the place. It really looked like some artistic genius lived there.

The lights in the hallway upstairs were dim, and his room was as dark as it was outside. He didn't turn on a light, he just took me by my hand and guided me to his bed.

His bed was freaking massive. It could easily hold more than the two of us. He had a ton of pillows and all these blankets, and when we were in there together, it was like we were in another world, where time didn't really pass and everything was warm and comfortable.

He'd sprawled out on his back across the mattress and looked up at me. "Are you tired?"

"Do you think if I was tired I would have stayed awake through the entire movie?"

The next thing I knew, he was over me, pinning me down. Even in the dark, I could make out every detail. He looked intense. There was no other word for it. He stared down into my eyes, biting his lower lip softly, his expression unreadable, and yet, strong.

He slowly lowered his lips to my jaw, gently mouthing and kissing across my skin, working his way down my neck. I reached to him to guide him back to my face, connecting our lips.

We didn't do anything but kiss, but it was somehow just as memorable as the 'incident' that had taken place at my house just a week before. Something about the night and the way he kept looking at me and whispering to me was magical. We smiled and whispered, almost like we were afraid to wake up anyone downstairs by being too loud. I think we just really didn't want to break the moment.

He pulled me close to him, touching our foreheads together and lowering his eyelids. "Tell me a secret."

"I've had nightmares about birds with teeth."

He chuckled lightly. "Weird."

"Now you tell me one."

"Uh...I once went to a Blood On The Dance Floor concert."

I cringed and giggled at him. "Did you really?"

"There's a reason I keep that a secret." He nudged me. "Your turn."

"I spat in Courtney's drink in sixth grade."

He grinned and kissed me. "I knew there was a reason I loved you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shorter chapters recently, they should be longer again after this week is over. Comment and subscribe!