Melodies

Chapter 40: Kell

I thought I was going to die as everyone stared at me. Fucking Courtney had put me in possibly the most revealing thing I'd ever publicly worn, forcing me to wear makeup to top it all off. I looked so girly, so...gay.

I found shelter in Sydney's arms. "Sydney, I look like a fag."

"You are a fag."

"Thanks."

He laughed. "Actually, you look really hot. I didn't expect this."

"Neither did I, really."

The girls pulled me from Sydney so they could fuss over me, taking pictures and teasing me about the ridiculous nurse's costume. Elizabeth left me alone, praise her, but I even saw her smile a little.

Alex and Ashton came back with ice after a while, thankfully not commenting on my stupid outfit. The two of them, as well as Sydney, were zombies. Sydney actually looked great, considering he was wearing torn clothing and was covered in fake blood and gore.

More people arrived as it started to actually get darker outside. Courtney turned on music loudly, blasting it so that I thought I would never hear again. After a while, it was actually pretty crowded with a bunch of people from school that Courtney knows. I felt exposed and embarrassed in my stupid apron and fishnets, but no one really seemed to notice.

Sydney got me to "dance" with him for a little bit, meaning he held on to me and guided me to move with the music. I can't dance to save my life. After a few songs, I gave up and moved to the edge of the room, dragging him with me. He seemed happy enough to follow.

The night progressed. It was loud, ridiculous, and somewhat surreal. I don't think I did anything except attempt to talk over the music, laugh, and teasingly return Sydney's daring touches. He kept grabbing my ass and sliding his hands up my legs and everything when no one else was watching. I couldn't decide if I wanted to hit him or take him to another room to further the fleeting touches.

He was playfully teasing me about the hairclips again, when Kim walked over, Elizabeth just behind her, handing me my phone. She looked serious, and I wondered why until she cupped her hand over my ear and said something I couldn't entirely make out.

All I heard was "....in the hospital."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe