Melodies

Chapter 43: Sydney

After I'd dropped off Ashton and Alex, I'd stopped at home just long enough to change into a t shirt and loose sweatpants and to wipe off all the blood and shit. I'd gone in to tell my mom I'd be out all night, only to find her in the kitchen, finishing up some paperwork.

"Hey, I know I just got home, but I'm going back to Courtney's. Some of us are staying the night."

"Who are 'some of us?'"

I rolled my eyes. "Me, Kim, Brittany, Kell, Elizabeth."

"Kell's going to be there?"

"Yes. And no, we won't do anything. Even if we wanted to, there'd be way too many other people present."

She shrugged. "As long as you don't get anyone pregnant or come home with an STD, I don't really care what you do. You're old enough to make your own decisions."

"Mom."

She smiled. "I was just asking about him because you two spend so much time together. You haven't brought him home so I can meet him yet."

"He's been here, you're just at work all the time."

"Well, bring him home sometime I'm not at work, okay? I want to meet the one person my son is nice to."

"Fine, I'll bring him home, fetus and STD free, I promise. But I'm leaving right now, okay? I'll be home sometime tomorrow, it won be too late."

"Go on, have fun, use a condom."

"Jesus Christ!"

~~~~~~~~~

I heard the girls laughing upstairs when I walked through Courtney's front door, surveying the complete mess that was her home.

I started when I heard Kell yelling. "God dammit, leave me alone about my sex life! It's none of your business!"

I rolled my eyes when I heard Courtney laugh and say, "But I want to know all the details!" as I started up the stairs.

I found Courtney, Brittany, and Kell in Courtney's room, arguing and teasing each other. Kell looked up as soon as I walked in, looking relieved and happy. "Sydney! Make Courtney shut up!" He jumped up and hid behind me as Courtney continued pleading for details and making fun of him.

"Shut the fuck up, Courtney, no one's telling you anything."

She giggled. "You mean no one's telling me anymore than what I've already been told."

I felt Kell flinch. I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. "You didn't."

"They wouldn't shut up," he grumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and comment, sorry for the bad update