Melodies

Chapter 54: Kell

I shivered in the jacket Sydney let me borrow, listening to the end of the day announcements and wondering why the music room was so damn cold.

We'd packed up already and were pretty much just waiting for the clock to turn to 3:30 so we could leave for break. I would have been ignoring the announcements and probably discussing something meaningless with Sydney, but he'd disappeared, leaving me to sit with Elizabeth as we both just tried to get warm.

She looked happy, at least. I glanced over at her, catching her reading a text and smiling.

I checked my phone, but nothing came up, unsurprisingly. I sighed and put it back in my pocket, staring ahead at the whiteboard and just waiting for the day to be over.

The bell rang after a minute, and everyone flooded out of the room as quickly as they could. I stood, grabbing my bag and my case, trying to comfortably carry both. That is, I was until Sydney came up behind me and took my case from me. "Let me get that."

I turned around to look at him. "Where did you go?"

"I had to go return a library book I forgot about. There was a line." He turned to Elizabeth, who was making faces at Kim, who came into the room just then.

Elizabeth pulled her backpack over her shoulders and leaned on Elizabeth. "I don't want to go to rehearsal."

"You won't have to the rest of the week."

"I know."

I grabbed Sydney's hand, pulling him out of the classroom. "Come on, I want to go home."

He spoke to the girls as I dragged him out. "I'll see you tomorrow morning?"

"Yep."

"Yeah."

He resumed exiting at a normal pace then. I looked at him for an explanation.

"What are you guys doing tomorrow morning?"

He winked. "You'll see."

I huffed and kept walking, trying to ignore the way he smiled at my reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!