Melodies

Chapter 55: Sydney

My alarm went off at 5, and I slammed it, probably breaking it, but at least it quit making that horrible noise. I briefly wondered why I was up so early on Christmas break, but then I remembered.

Everything was already in the car and ready to go, so all I had to do was pull on clean clothes and grab my phone. I brushed my teeth as I searched for my shoes, trying not to drool toothpaste everywhere.

I was out of the house by 5:20, having taken just a few minutes to say bye to Mom and everything. At 5:30, I was at Kell's, and already getting texts from Courtney and Ashton.

Courtney: On the way to Kell's, we'll meet you there! Be there in a few

Ashton: Just got Alex, on the way

I left my phone in the car as I went up to the front door, knocking, and flinching at the loud sound it made in the silence that surrounded me.

Jamie opened the door, letting me in. "He fell asleep on the couch about an hour ago. He's so out of it, but I've got his bag for him and everything."

I took Kell's bag when Jamie gave it to me, and I put it in the backseat of my car, before going in to see how we were going to get Kell to come out.

Courtney pulled up just as I shut the car door, with the other girls in her car. We were just waiting on Ashton and Alex at that point.

Jamie had gotten shoes on Kell after a little struggle, and I helped him into a hoodie. He was already wearing a pair of leggings and a tank top that had Aladdin and Jasmine on it, so I knew he'd be comfortable for the trip, as long as he was warm enough.

It was amazing how tired he was. He protested sleepily as I took his hand, leading him out of the house, but he stumbled along behind me obediently. I got him in the passenger seat, buckling him in and shutting the door. He looked at me with an incredibly pissed and disoriented expression, but he didn't say anything. It was kind of cute.

Ashton had pulled up with Alex in the passenger seat of his car at that point, and he and Courtney were out, talking. I went over to go ahead and clarify directions and everything.

Courtney looked up at me. "We didn't forget anything we can't live without, so we're good. Are we just following you?"

"I guess so. I've got Kell and his stuff. We're not missing anything else."

"Alright then."

I smiled as I got in the car next to Kell, after waving to Jamie and telling Ashton to tell Alex to shut the fuck up about the car ride. Kell had fallen asleep again, and he was glowing in the lighting we had. As we drove, in the first hour or so, the sun started to come out, spreading more light onto the highway and the snow that had fallen just a few nights ago.

I reached over and grabbed Kell's hand, even though he was asleep. It just felt good to be out of school, out of town and everything. Especially with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe! Comments make things go faster!