Melodies

Chapter 60: Kell

We wasted the entire week, and it was amazing. All we did was laze around, watching movies, playing board games, and sleeping. I actuallymanaged to convince Sydney to go outside with me a few more times so I could stare at the snow in awe. And then he would tell me my lips were blue and he'd make me go inside again.

The best part of everything was how dark it got, with no city lights or anything to continue lighting up the sky throughout the night. There was something about the darkness, and the heavy atmosphere the snow and silence would produce in the middle of the night, that was incredibly intense and beautiful. I kept Sydney awake a few nights, just to see if he could feel it too.

It was so much fun and everything, but we had to go home for Christmas. I managed to fall asleep in the car on the way back, and I slept nearly the entire way home. I woke up about a half hour away from town, still sleepy and confused.

Sydney looked over at me, smiling. "You're adorable when you sleep."

I made a small noise of acknowledgement.

He faced the road again, grabbing for his phone to change the song, when it fell out of his reach, just by my feet.

He looked down to see what had happened and swore. "Fuck. Will you hand that to me?"

I slowly reached down and grabbed the first thing I touched, still mostly asleep. I handed it to him, and he paused for a minute before saying, "That's a boot." He sounded amused.

I looked at the boot in my hand, which was clearly not a phone, but I was completely unable to process that. I sat with the boot in my lap for a minute before handing it to him again.

He laughed this time, as if in disbelief. "That's still a boot."

I pulled the boot away from him, trying not to let my eyes shut again, muttering something incoherent. He looked at me, completely amused and curious, saying, "What do you mean you need a side band tour?"

I gave him the boot again, and this time, he took it. "I'll take the boot for now, but can I have my phone when you're more awake?"
♠ ♠ ♠
100 readers! Awesome! Comment and subscribe (: