Melodies

Chapter 68: Kell

I was awake, at 1 in the morning, kind of walking around the house with no purpose while Jamie slept on the couch. I didn't want to go to bed, but I had nothing else to do.

That is, I didn't, until Sydney texted me and told me to get ready to go somewhere. I couldn't imagine where he would be taking me at 1 in the morning, but I was ready to do anything.

I pulled a sweater on instead of my old t-shirt, and I shoved my feet into a pair of boots. I figured I wouldn't really need to dress up, but I wanted to at least dress appropriately for the weather. It was snowing outside, slowly getting thicker and heavier. It was kind of enchanting. I wanted to go run around in it.

I wrote a note for Jamie telling him where I was, in case he woke up. I left it on the counter and pulled on my coat just as I heard Sydney pull up. I hurried outside and into his car, excited for whatever we were about to do.

He greeted me with a kiss, and then a smile. I couldn't help but grin back. It felt nice, kind if like a little adventure we were about to go on.

"Where are we going?"

"Downtown, by the river."

"Why?"

"Because it's snowing and it looks cool and I thought you'd like it."

I smiled. "It sounds pretty."

And it was. It was extremely pretty. We parked near the road, and walked down, sitting together on the edge of the river, where they'd recently put concrete for aesthetic reasons.

The snow was thick and crazy around us, swirling and dancing around. My face felt like ice, but the rest of me was warm enough. It helped that Sydney kept his arms around me.

We sat there and watched the snow and just talked. It was kind of like we had the world to ourselves. No one else could interrupt what we had. It was almost like we were in a snow globe.

Sydney said we were leaving when my lips started turning blue. He asked me to stay the night with him, so I sent Jamie a text letting him know where I would be all night, and he drove us to his house.

And we went inside, he took me upstairs. And this time, I was ready, so he kissed me all over and touched me and let me touch him, and he took off my clothes, and then he took off his. And in his room at some ungodly hour in the morning, with the lights out and the snow still falling heavily so that we could see it through his window, we finally had sex.