Melodies

Chapter 69: Sydney

Everything started working again. It just took some time, and a lot of patience. I managed to convince Kell to go out with me again, which meant he'd had to leave Jamie for certain periods of time. He didn't like it at first, but he became more okay with it as he began seeing that Jamie wouldn't actually die without him there. We went and saw movies, we goofed around at the mall, we studied at the library. We even went to a concert, with the tickets he'd won from a bet with Courtney.

It was amazing seeing Kell get better. He started sleeping. He started eating right. He kept up with his schoolwork and everything at a reasonable pace. And he didn't worry about everything as much as he used to. He wasn't making himself so nervous and stressed that he'd get sick anymore.

The family therapy thing they were doing seemed to help Kell just as much as it helped Jamie. And it helped their relationship. Kell had told me before that he felt like he couldn't even look at Jamie without upsetting him, but they were doing more together again. And Jamie did start to gain weight. He fought it, but it happened, and he started to look more human. The circles under his eyes gradually lessened. His collarbones and cheekbones weren't quite as visible as they once were. And he started to get some color in his skin again. It was kind of like watching something come back to life.

Kell looked over at me once, while we were studying for a math test at my house, and he looked happy. He grinned at me. "It's getting better, isn't it?"

I smiled back, just trying to save this image of him, tired and working, but happy. "Yeah, I think it is."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update. I'm in 5 AP courses this year, and it's taking up pretty much all if my time. But I will be updating more frequently now. Subscribe and comment!