Status: Each chapter is based of an episode! So as i watch an episode i'll type!

Lost in the Shadows

You're kidding right?

I didn’t feel my body slam to the ground, nor the arms that caught me. I didn’t feel the lingering pain after I fell unconscious. But I did feel something. I felt the hot breath of someone’s breath on my shoulder. I swirled around now standing in darkness and I inhaled quickly my breath leaving just as fast. I looked around the room seeing nothing but darkness. I felt an immense pain in my stomach as I looked down I saw 5 gaping wounds in my stomach. What happened before rushed in my head and I flinched, damnit. I sat down and I blinked at the bleeding wound. Was I dead already? I watched as a blinding white light erupted from what looked like a door. What? I saw a figures shadow along the walls and I saw a man come through. I felt drawn to him. I looked up as he stood directly in front of me.
“I am here to tell you a story. A story that will torture your thoughts by day and poison your dreams by night and though I will do my best, there are no words that can be written nor brush strokes laid on canvas that can describe this stark and utter horror of the night that Annabel died.” The man spoke his voice crackling everywhere. I watched as he looked at me.
“The emptiness will haunt you.” I murmured staring at him. Where did that come from?

“This is a nightmare. Is my Annabel really gone?” The man asked silently and I stared at the ground.
“My eyes are stung by daylight I find it hard to breathe.” I whispered shocked as the words left my mouth. The man smirked.
“So you are her holder.” The man said and I blinked. I watched as he crouched a smirk on his face.
“Annabel was a Demon.” The man said and I snorted. Yeah. And I’m a guy. The guy gave me a look of disapproval.
I watched as he pulled out a mirror and he held in in front of me. The mirror never lies… I looked into the mirror as I narrowed my eyes. I watched my facial features morph. My ears became pointed and my teeth sharpened.
“A mirror never lies. They know. Everybody knows. Do you not see what they see?” I asked as my face in the mirror started morphing into a monster.
“A mirror never lies. I see what they see. Everybody knows, everybody knows!” I whispered and I ended in a scream. I felt the liquid of tears fall down my face and I stared in the mirror. The monster in it cried tears of crimson blood. I hit at the mirror; said mirror fell in pieces stained crimson to the ground. I breathed heavily staring at the man in front of me. A slow sinister smile started to flow onto the man’s face. I watched as he nodded.
“A monster is what they see of you. They say it’s not what’s on the outside but the inside that count s. You have a demon sealed into you on the inside,” The man said as he chuckled bitterly. “Who could ever love a demon?” The man snickered and I glared.
“You did.” I whispered as I felt a tug within me. I watched as the man froze and his eyes looked up and they matched mine. He looked familiar. I watched as long raven spilled down his shoulders and his deathly pale face come into view. I stared at him furrowing my eye brows. Why did he look so familiar?!?!? I watched his yellow eyes sparkle in amusement and a smirk come to his face. The smirk triggered my memories.

I was about 4 and my parents where away on a mission. Whenever they went on missions I was sent to my uncle, father not knowing it was he that started the Akatsuki. Akatsuki means Dawn so it really didn’t make any sense to name a criminal organization ‘Dawn’. I remember my uncle and a young boy no older than 23. He had a paper white almost grey skin color and yellow eyes that resembled a snake. It wasn’t my first time seeing him. I saw him every time I went to my uncle’s house. I had named him Hebi, meaning snake in Japanese. I ran to the pale man laughter coming as I jumped onto his back. He chuckled and hugged me as My Uncle stood next to him sighing in disappointment. Uncle was never one for affection. Hebi was like my second father actually. I remember Hebi and I having a conversation about his seal experiments. He wanted me to have the Earth Seal and he explained the counterpart to the seal is the Seal of Heaven. He explained that my so called “Partner” Would have the Seal of Heaven and that we would be an excellent team.

My Mind slapped me back to reality as I stared at Hebi now. He seemed a little older but not much. He looked sickly almost and my eyes widened.
“H-hebi!” I yelled and it seemed like I was 4 years old again. I launched myself at the unsuspecting man and I wrapped my arms around his middle. Hebi froze and I squeezed. I let go of him and I smiled as I stared at him. I watched as his face broke out in a small smile. Suddenly I stopped and I glared at him.
“Who’s this Annabel?” I asked as I scratched my head. My hair fell out of its tail and it fell straight and spikey to my shoulder blades. I watched as Hebi tensed slightly.
“She’s the princess of hell. Just as you are the princess of the Akatsuki Ono.” He said and I smiled at my nickname he had given me when I was little. I scrunched my nose.
“So she’s sealed with in me?” I asked as I looked down at myself. Hebi nodded.
“Yes. You’re uncle sealed her inside you when you were just a baby, He did it so that when he killed your parents he’d blame it on some other village. He was going to raise you to lead the Akatsuki and then have you destroy the village hidden in the leaves. When I learned he was dead I had figured that Annabel had come out. She’s a sucker for children, especially girls. Her powers are working right now actually, considering you’re unconscious. Her powers consist of healing, special Jutsu’s and extra chakra. If you meditate you can talk to her, learn her power and Jutsu’s. If your own chakra is running out hers will automatically kick in and add to your own, for her chakra is yours. That is all I can tell you, except if you use her power there will be a great price to pay.” Hebi lectured and I slumped. How long can he talk for? I nodded at him and I saluted him also. I saw Hebi smirk.
“Also you’re about to see a very old friend sometime soon.” Hebi said and I raised my brow at the pale snake like man.
“Ne?” I asked and Hebi just chucked as things started getting blurry. Well then back into reality I guess?


My eyes fluttered open and I saw a blank yellow toned ceiling. I started breathing quickly as I jumped on my feet looking for any type of weapon to protect me and to put me at ease. I scoped the room and I relaxed my tensed muscles as I crouched in the corner quickly as a swift pain ran through my abdomen. I hissed looking down seeing my entire midsection wrapped in clean bandages. What had happened earlier ran through my mind refreshing my memories of the previous events and my eyes widened as I started to calm down. So then we must be at Tazuna’s house. I felt a searing pain on my left shoulder blade and I gasped as I fell to my knee in a kneeling position, it began to burn and I felt my levels within be start to fluxuate. My eyes widened once again to the point where they could possibly pop from my skull.
‘No no no no no no no no Damnit Orichi.’ My mind seethed as I closed my eyes and I tried to push back the cursed seal to its inactivated mode. My eyes shot open as an idea popped into my head and I smirked slightly as I closed my eyes taking a few deep breaths.
‘Annabel-san.’ I whispered throughout my mind concentrating on keeping the mark at bay. I felt something with in me shift. Like when you stretch after a nap.
‘Yes, Kuro-chan?’ A soft female voice rang through my head and my eyes widened at the different sensation.
‘Could you help me push the curse mark to its inactivated state?’ I asked the princess that lay imprisoned inside me. Without another word it felt as if someone had put their hands on the mark and started to push it back, back to its place where it was inactive. I sighed as I relaxed my body and I opened my eyes blinking a few times.
‘Arigatou Annabel-san.’ I whispered throughout my mind and I felt a shift as if a lazy way if the hand to say no problem. I felt my lip twitch up as I stood up slowly trying to shake off the dizzy feeling. I probably just need some food. I slowly walked to the door as I slid it open I looked down the hallway, there was a door to my left and then further to the left there was a staircase.
‘Wait a second! How did I get here?! Let alone up stairs?!’ I questioned myself as I began walking to the stair case slowly. The dizziness still seemed to be latched onto me.
“Hello?” My quiet voice rang out in complete silence. There was shuffling from downstairs and a woman with dark black blue hair, a pink shirt, a skirt to match her hair also.
“Oh dear! Sensei said that you wouldn’t wake while you and your group where staying here!” She exclaimed as she started making her way up the stair case.
‘If those wounds that I received the same ones I remembered from earlier then I should be dead right now. Ooh Kakashi Sensei is going to be suspicious of me.’ I thought as the woman came up the stairs. She was now at the top and she put her hand on my shoulder I hissed in pain as she set her hand there, setting it in the area where the curse mark is. She quickly jerked her hand off my shoulder as she started apologizing.
“Gomenasai, Gomenasai.” She repeated and I nodded to her a fake small smile on my face.
“It’s alright.” I murmured and she still looked unsure.
“Oh! I’m Tsunami, Tazuna’s Daughter.” She greeted and I smiled kindly at her and I nodded.
“Tsunami could you please tell me where your bathroom is?” I asked tilting my head to the side with a sweat drop.
“Ah it’s down the stairs and to the right.” She informed me and I nodded at her with a small smile. I turned and the fake smile slid off my face as I slowly made my way down the stairs. The dizziness had vanished but I was never good going down stairs. We seemed to have a hate-hate relationship. It took about 5 minutes to walk down the stairs and I looked to the right to see a door.
“Ah, Your clothes where all bloody where unable to be cleaned. I can give you some extra clothes though.” Tsunami said and I sighed, turning to her and nodded.
“May I have some leggings? For the shirt it doesn’t matter.” I asked and she nodded going to a door the opposite side of the staircase. She came out with a pair of black leggings and a black shirt. I took the clothing from her thanking her while I walked to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and I turned facing the mirror. I looked like the walking dead. There was dark circles under my eyes and my face looked hallow. My hair was no longer in its normal spikey tail but like a wild mane around my face. My face was very pale and my entire torso was bandaged. I slowly started to unwrap the bandages to reveal 5 ugly and gruesome looking scars.
‘They will heal within 3 days.’ A voice rang though my head and I jumped realizing it was Annabel.
‘But it would be best to keep then covered with bandages.’ She said and I nodded agreeing with her. I took the clothes that Tsunami had given me to see fresh undergarments and a roll of bandages along with the clothes she had given me. I stripped of the pink shorts that where on me, most likely Sakura’s and I stepped into the shower, turning on the warm water. I stood under it letting my muscles relax. I turned my head to try to see the Mark but I couldn’t see it. I grabbed the bottle of shampoo and I squirted some in my hand, putting the bottle down I lathered the shampoo in my hair and I rinsed it. I then looked for conditioner but found none, with a huff I grabbed the shampoo squirting more than before into my hand as I started to rug down my body with my hands in attempt to clean it. I rinsed the soap off as I made one last body/hair rinse and I shut off the water, pulling the shower curtain open. I grabbed the towel that sat on the toilet and I wrapped it around my midsection. I turned my back to the mirror and I turned my head toward the mirror in hopes to see the curse mark. My mouth opened slightly as I stared at the small black symbol on my left shoulder blade. It was three little marks, one pointing to the top and the other 2 pointing left and right except they were slightly curved. I stared a little until water dripped from my hair and onto my nose snapping me out of the trance I was in. I towel dried my hair and I dried off my body putting on the clothes that Tsunami gave me. The tights clung to my legs almost like a second skin and I wrapped my midsection in bandages before I put on the shirt. The shirt was a simple black V-neck and it clung to my figure making me seem like an adult rather than a 13 and a half year old girl. I grabbed the discarded clothes and the remains of the bandages and I left the bathroom leaving the door open so it would air out the steam and heat.
“Oh! Um the clothes fit you nicely.” Tsunami stated surprised and I turned around to look at her. We both sweat dropped and I chuckled.
“Um do you know where Kakashi and the other 3 went?” I asked putting on my shoes.
“You can’t be serious! From what Kakashi told me you should be dead!” Tsunami yelled and I sighed dropping my head.
“Well. I guess I’m just god damn lucky.” I said a smirk forming on my lips.
“Do you know where they went or not?” I asked her lazily running my hand through my un-bound hair. Tsunami sighed before she answered.
“They went to the east forest to train. Kakashi is teaching them something.” She said and I nodded waving to her as I left the house. I walked away from the house to the east to see a forest area. I stopped as I felt chakra spikes coming from ahead and I widened my eyes. What on earth is going on? I walked forward but then I suddenly stopped. SHIT! MY EYES!
‘Relax. You’re eyes appear blinded.’ Annabel’s voice echoed in my head and I calmed down immediately. I nodded silently to her as a thanks as I started walking towards the chakra spikes. I wonder What Kakashi has them doing. I wondered into a clearing where I saw Sakura laying under a tree panting, Naruto was in a ball holding his head moaning under a tree to the left of Sakura, and Sasuke was kneeling under a tree panting hard. I watched as Naruto walked over to Sakura and I walked forward so I was standing next to Kakashi.
“Hello Sensei.” I greeted him staring at the scene before me. It seems they were using chakra in their feet to walk up the trees. Kakashi turned quickly to stare at me and his viewable eye widened greatly.
“K-k-Kurono.” Kakashi stuttered and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

I am in shit tons of trouble.

“Eh hey Sensei. So um how are you?” I asked resting my hand on the back of the neck smiling at the Jounin.
“DO YOU REALISE THAT YOU SHOULD BE DEAD RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?!?” Kakashi yelled and I stood there as the 3 Genin turned their attention to their attention to their Sensei yelling at their team mate. Kakashi opened his mouth but he was interrupted by a certain blond with blue eyes.
“KURO-CHAN!” Naruto yelled and He snatched me from Kakashi as he hugged me and proceeded to cry and snot into my shoulder. Thank kami it wasn't my left shoulder.
“You saved my life Kuro-chan. I don’t know how I can repay you!” Naruto sobbed into my shoulder as I tried to pry him off of me.
“Um, could you loosen your grip, and it’s no sweat Naruto.” I mumbled as he quickly released his grip from around me.
“So what does Sensei have you slaving off to do now?” I asked ignoring the stare I could feel boring into my head from behind.
“Ah! It’s Chakra Control Kuro-chan! We have to focus our chakra in our feet and try to get to the top of the tree! Sakura-chan did it on her first try!” Naruto exclaimed and I smiled and I nodded. This was easy.
‘Ah, ah, ah Kuro-chan. Now that I’ve been awoken within you our chakras have combined. So your native is lightning where mine is wind. So you can now do chakra based attacks for 2 elements instead of one. But also with new chakra comes new control. You’ll have to learn from the beginning Kuro-chan.’ Annabel chided and I dead panned. Really, just really? Naruto handed me a kunai and he pointed to the tree in front of him.
“Try it! And when you can’t go mark your spot with this kunai.” Naruto instructed and I nodded walking up to the tree kunai in hand. I closed my eyes and I focused my chakra to my feet indeed feeling Annabel’s chakra within. I sighed as I started to walk forward instead of running or jogging and I set my foot on the tree, I closed my eyes and concentrated on the amount of chakra flowing to my feet. I started walking and I got about 10 steps when something didn’t feel right. I quickly flung my arm out to mark the spot while wild sparks started to accumulate under my feet bouncing off the tree making a huge crater in it while I jumped backwards and next to Naruto. It was silent as everybody observed how far I had gotten. It was about a foot or 2 below half of the tree and Naruto stood shocked.
“WOW KURO-CHAN! THAT’S BETTER THAN ME OR SASUKE-TEME SO FAR!” Naruto yelled and I looked to Sasuke’s tree to see that I did in fact go higher than him. I looked to Sasuke to see a pissed expression on his face and I snorted as I walked to the other side of Sasuke so he was between me and Naruto to my own tree and I smirked looking towards Sasuke and Naruto. Sasuke did some glare smirk thing while Naruto smiled wide and huge and the 3 of us took off up the tree at the same time. This afternoon is going to be a really long afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS I AM ALIVE ;D ;__; I’m so sorry for not updating soon. This is a rather short chapter starting towards the end of Episode 10 because I was a lazy bum and I didn’t want to write the Zabuza fight scene. I’ll write the second one though :D anyway for some updates I’m sick TT-TT I have bronchitis. Um I’ve started high school. I’m currently reading 3 different manga also!