The Singer Finished Singing and He's Walking Out

chapter 14

Gerard's pov
The next few weeks went pretty well, gradually the other guys realised that something was going on so Frank and I told them about us, they all seemed pretty cool about it. Also Rikki woke up and apparently she's going to be ok, so Frank's been a lot happier than before.
Being a little cynical I believed that after such a good run we were in for a mighty fall, and that happened to come in the form of Frank's mother coming to visit us for the weekend.
She hadn't a clue about Frank and I and he still wasn't ready to tell her about us which I was fine with, I mean I hadn't told mine either. The morning she came we tidied up the house and prepared the spare bedroom for her.
"What if someone accidently tells her?" He asked as we made the bed.
"They wont," I replied.
"How do you know that, you know how the guys joke," he said shaking his head.
"Well if they're joking she probably wont think anything of it," I said walking over to him.
"Ok you wouldn't joke about someone getting ass fucked or something unless there was something to suggest that's real," he said looking up at me.
"Baby, don't worry." I said wrapping my arms around him.
"I can't help it," he pouted. God his lips looked good, I leaned in to meet them with mine when the doorbell rang.

Frank's pov
"Mum!" I shouted as I opened the door.
"Ahh my beautiful little boy," she said pulling me into a hug.
"Mum I can't breath," I gasped at the tightness of her grip, she'd never wanted me to leave home so I suppose whatever chance she gets she tries to keep hold of me.
"Oh I'm sorry sweetheart," she said pulling away. "Now let me look at you, have you grown? I think you have," she smiled.
"Err I don't think so." I replied as she walked in.
I picked up her bags and lead her upstairs to the spair bedroom where Gerard was still fixing the bed.
"So here's your room," I said placing her back on the floor by the bed.
"It's lovely," she said unconvincingly.
"Yeah of course it is," I laughed.
"Oh Gerard stop fussing over that, it'll only get messed up again right?" laughed my mum. "Now come on over here and give me a hug."
"Ok," he said walking towards her looking a little nervous.
"It's so good to see you looking healthy," she smiled.
"Yeah, it feels good too." He replied.
"Well we should probably leave you to unpack and rest," I said walking towards the door.
"Oh yes that's a good idea, it would be nice to have a little lay down." She said taking off her jacket as we left the room.
Gerard and I walked downstairs and sat down on the back porch smoking.
"See it'll be fine," said Gerard.
"Gerard she's been here like five minutes, we've got a whole two days maybe more until we're home and dry." I said watching my cigarette burning down.
He didn't say anything else, just softly kissed my neck before leaning his head on my shoulder and rubbing my back.
"No matter what anyone else thinks, I love you and that's all that matters." He whispered.
"I love you too," I replied closing my eyes.